X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2

Originally posted by kupomog
    I wanna go to that so badly. Looks like I'm not going to be able to. Brother has school in the evening and his girlfriend isn't sure. I've been trying to think of relatives that would go, but they all work, have young kids, or live too far. My parents would never go. If I have to, I will catch the damn bus and go by myself, whether or not my mom wants me to.
    Well, I'm not up for it for family reasons, but there's no reason that you couldn't try to set up a group from the boards to go. Maybe carpool at that!

I read a baseball blog, and folks there at least once or twice a month organize themselves to go to one of the Dodgers games.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Wow. My family got totally soaked, and there were some crowd control issues as you might expect, but overall? Wow.

Obviously, it wouldn't be too polite to discuss exactly what happens in Episode 1 of Season 2, spoiler tags or no spoiler tags. But I'm glad I saw it. And I think folks everywhere will like it.

The big question that everyone thought would be answered at the end of Season 1? You get your answer in the first 45 seconds. Whew!

Comment

Nnnnnnngggghhhh!! I got hooked late in the season and spent a lot of online time downloading episodes to catch up. Now I can't wait till next Wednesday.

Comment

So the event tonight (9/14) was it 1 hour or 2 hours long?

Comment

Stars started showing up a bit before 6 p.m., but the episode itself didn't begin playing until 7:20 p.m. -- and that was after several ads for ABC shows like "Desperate Housewives." The episode itself was the standard 47 or so minutes (minus ads).

They actually also played the series premiere of "Invasion," but I'd wager 90 percent of the crowd took off before that started. I got my "Lost" freebie before taking off, though -- a "I'd Rather Get LOST" license plate holder...

FYI, in addition to several of the stars (Evangeline Lilly, Terry O'Quinn, Emilie de Ravin, Jorge Garcia were the notable absences, apparently still shooting at the time), we saw several new faces: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was there (character yet unknown), as was Michelle Rodriguez (Ana-Lucia Cortez, a.k.a. Airport Bar Woman) and Cynthia Watros (Libby, not yet introduced).

Comment

ARGH. I'm wet. And cold. And tired. And irritable. And yet so happy!

The thing started at like 4 PM with all the food and music, but the show itself started at about 7 or 7:20, too dark to even read my watch. Plus there was the premiere of Invasion right after that I doubt many people stayed to watch (or maybe they did, I high-tailed my butt outta there as soon as Lost was over). I got there around 5:30 or 6, was standing at the red carpet trying to get some decent pics but ultimately got crap because people were in the way, or bumping into me. I think I got at least one or two decent snaps of some of the actors. Funniest part of the night for me...was when everyone (especially the girls) realized that the short little woman Josh Holloway was with was his wife.

But yeah, we got so freaking soaked. I was gonna go by myself (in fact, I was just heading out the door when my parents came rushing home) but my parents are like "no, forget it, we will take you, you don't know Waikiki, just wait for us to get ready." So whatever, their fault if they didn't like it, I didn't force them along.

I had a hard time paying attention to the show, had to stand, rain was pouring, people's umbrellas were in the way, emergency sirens blaring (I hope whoever they were going after is okay...) and we were on the backside of the screen. There were also so many people talking and junk...I think I got the basic idea of what happened but I'm dead clueless on specifics or on what was said. But what I did see was well worth it for me, good episode, can't wait to see it again!
              Last edited by kupomog; September 14, 2005, 10:26 PM.
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I got to shake Sawyer's hand and chatted briefly with Michele Rodriguez as my cousin played an extra in Blue Crush, ditto with Matthew Fox, I told him how I also enjoyed Party of 5 and he kind of rolled his eyes at me.

I must say the castmembers were very friendly, I got pictures of most everyone and I think save for the new castmembers (minus Michele) I got everyone's autograph.

But the rain tested the fans desire and patience to sit thru it all, but I did so I guess you can call us die-hard fans and such!

I would have liked to have seen Locke, Kate and Hurley but I ain't complaining!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Obviously, it wouldn't be too polite to discuss exactly what happens in Episode 1 of Season 2, spoiler tags or no spoiler tags. But I'm glad I saw it. And I think folks everywhere will like it.
                  Well you could give us a hint as to who's back story it is for this episode.

Comment

Well, I stood in line with him at 7-11. How's that for a hint
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      Well you could give us a hint as to who's back story it is for this episode.
                      The story involves Jack, Kate and Locke.

You dont see anyone from the raftboat except for the little boy briefly.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Some great pictures from the event...

Click here for pictures

I'm glad that those of you who went had a great time. I wish I could have been back home for this one. I've become obsessed with this show! At least once a day I'm coming up with some new theory about what exactly is going on.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Yes, I'm very disappointed in myself for forgetting. I had to work late anyways, but I would have tried harder to go if I remembered it was yesterday. Didn't they say something about becoming an extra in the show if you went to the premier? Anyone have additional information about that?
                          Arturo

Comment

Just a Reminder: One of our users informed me to remind those of you who already watched the premiere episode of "Lost" yesterday to not reveal plot elements and storyline of the episode. Please be considerate for those who have yet to watch this when it premieres on September 21.

If you need to include a storyline element in your post please surround it with the [SPOILER] tags that are available from the editing menu bar by selecting the red circle icon with the diagnol line going through it.

Mahalo.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

With "Lost" set to premiere in its new Wednesday night time slot at 9 /10 pm nationwide (8 pm Hawaii), let's see what other shows it will be competing against:

ABC "Lost" in its new time slot. (1 hr)
                              CBS "Criminal Minds" new drama (1 hr)
                              Fox "Head Cases" - new drama (1 hr)
                              NBC "E-Ring" - new show (1 hr)
                              UPN "Veronica Mars" (1 hr)
                              WB "Related" (1 hr)

Speculation: The good news is that "Lost" is up against mostly new shows brought out by the competing networks. It should be easy for "Lost" to win its timeslot this fall until at least winter when Fox resumes "American Idol" which if put against "Lost" may take away some viewers.

ABC's new drama "Invasion" should hold the "Lost" audience to at least give the show a try for a few weeks. That program is against a "CSI NY" on CBS and "Law & Order" on NBC.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Today's edition of Honolulu Weekly has a cover story feature on some of the day to day stuff that goes on with workers on the Lost TV series.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X