X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2

Hi Desmond!

Just a couple more thoughts... obviously Desmond wasn't the first occupant of the space, since he clearly met Jack much more recently than the days of LPs and Apple ][s! (Did Apple ][ terminals have "Execute" keys?) Also, the numbers were all over that opening sequence -- I forgot to mention that at least the last number in the safe combination was 42.

Any keyboard readers catch what he typed on the computer?

Comment

pzarquon said: What was Walt whispering to Shannon?

Apparently it's backwards English. Someone online already untangled it and found that it's:
      Where's the button? The button's bad.
      Check it out yourself.
      Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 22, 2005, 03:46 PM. Reason: Had problems with the "spoiler" tags. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Is Desmond's accent Irish? Aussie? I couldn't place it.

Comment

Spoiler tag test.
          Jellys records department moved under the hatch.

End of test.
          Hey, PZ or mel, help! I can't get the spoiler tag to work. What am I doing wrong?
          I just looked at your raw text for the message previously noted regarding the spoiler tag. It's got the same tag as mine above, yet I see no message in yours..... hmmmm...

9:00 PM Message Note: I tried both spoiler buttons in Glen's post and this one, and both now work on my OSX Safari browser as well as OSX Firefox. Earlier today I was on a Wintel box (yuck) with MS Explorer (yuck again) and that wasn't working for Glen but worked for mine. Wuz up with that?....
          Last edited by mel; September 22, 2005, 09:03 PM.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My own testing has determined that the behavior of the spoiler tag is affected by whether or not it's the first 'inset feature' used in the post. In short, if you quote a post, and then try to use the spoiler tag, the latter is rendered impotent. Try using the spoiler tag before any quote tags.

Comment

Getting back to regular programming:

ABC's "Lost" Finds Big Ratings in Wednesday Debut

"Lost" opened its second season with a stellar 23.1 million viewers and 10 rating/24 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. That marked all-time high ratings for the series, even higher than its first-season finale, a two-hour cliffhanger that brought in 20.7 million viewers and 7.8/19 in May even as it faced off against the final round of competition on Fox's "American Idol."

At 8 p.m., the "Destination: Lost" special (14.6 million, 5.6/16) got ABC off to a good start and made things tough for NBC's "Apprentice" (7.7 million, 2.5/7) and CBS' season premieres of comedies "Still Standing" (7 million, 2.1/7) and "Yes, Dear" (7.4 million, 2.5/7), nor did Fox have any traction with "So You Think You Can Dance" (6.1 million, 2.5/7).
              Looks like a good start for "Lost". Read complete article at link above.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Goodness, there's a lot of hyperbole in that article. Of course, since it's ABC's Entertainment division which produced it...

I wondered about "Invasion." Did anyone here stay on ABC to watch it? I didn't.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Notice the 108 folded into the grafitti on the wall in the chamber? (Of course, 108 is the sum of 4-8-15-16-23-42...)
                  I re-watched the tape around that scene and 108 appears twice, one of them inside of the sun symbol. There is a face of woman at the top right, the number 42 appears and the word "sick" on the bottom right close to where the paint is.

The big computer related stuff looks like stuff from an Irwin Allen sci-fi tv series. The terminal looking thing might be an Apple II, but the prompt of :> doesn't look familar. And I don't remember anything that uses an Execute key.
                  Originally posted by Linkmeister
                  I wondered about "Invasion." Did anyone here stay on ABC to watch it? I didn't.
                  I did. Attempted to discuss it on this thread.

Comment

Some off-screen updates:

Keeping up with castaways off the set
                    So what does a handsome single actor do when his hit TV show turns him into an international sex symbol? Why, he gets married, of course. But what makes no sense at all to legions of heartbroken teenage girls was all in the plan for "Lost" actor Josh Holloway and his new bride Yessica (née Kumula).
                    Meanwhile, a little birdie told me there's a "Lost" fan podcast in the works!

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      The terminal looking thing might be an Apple II, but the prompt of :> doesn't look familar. And I don't remember anything that uses an Execute key.
                      alotta that was done for effect:
                      execute
                      is alot more sinister than:
                      enter

and it was a
                      >:I (thick flashing bar as last character)
                      which submliminally resembles a demon or angry kine icon...
                      don't remember my Apple II looking like DOS.

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                        My autographed cast photo:
                        http://members.aol.com/kudoshido/bwah/lost12.jpg
                        [/url]
                        Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos!! I wish I could've gone!

Got a chance to watch Lost this past Wednesday and absolutely loved it! Can't wait for next week to see what else happens with Jack, Locke and whatshisname.....hope to find out where Kate is too...
                        Last edited by EastCoastTropics; September 23, 2005, 02:27 PM.
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                          Is Desmond's accent Irish? Aussie? I couldn't place it.
                          I'm guessing Scotish.

Comment

Did anyone else catch what Locke said, at the hatch? Locke called Hurley, by his real name, Hugo. If I remember right, no one on the island knows Hurley's real name is Hugo. Hurley is his nickname. Am I wrong?

DXer

Comment

Locke made the same slip in Season 1, actually. Still unexplained. We do know Locke worked for the company Hurley owned.

Making the rounds of Lost fan sites, there is a lot of writing out there about the mural in Desmond's shelter. Screen captures with diagrams and all sorts of theories. Someone put a lot of work into that set piece. Also, the "Dharma" logo (on Desmond's uniform and locker). The pattern seems very I Ching like.

Meanwhile, the blogstorm of the week is the "Genetic Movie Theory" and a linked easter egg on the Oceanic Airlines site. Most folks have since deemed it a clever hoax, maybe even one planted by the show's creators to cloud the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                Locke made the same slip in Season 1, actually. Still unexplained. We do know Locke worked for the company Hurley owned.
                                Locke seems like a detail oriented guy. He probably knew all about Hurley through his job, and recognized him (but didn't say anything) after the crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X