X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2

Originally posted by pzarquon
    And there are still a good number of other pretty, lonely characters wandering around to mix and match.
    Speaking of pretty, lonely characters, I think one of the overlooked hotties in the show is Cindy, one of the "tailies." She's the flirty stewardess who gives Jack some alcohol in the pilot episodes. Under all that mud on her face there really is a pretty woman!

In fact, I'm born in 1973 and I notice the actress who plays Cindy is single and only 2 months older than me. Another hottie in the show, Yunjin Kim (Sun) is also single and only 17 days younger than me (according to imdb.com). Gee, I gotta be a "Lost" groupie.

Comment

Anybody know where they filmed the diner scene where Kate went to talk to her mom? My friend insisted that was Liliha Bakery, because he saw the boxes of cocoa puffs in the background? (I told him that if he saw the bright pink jelly in the background, that would have been a better indicator ) And the "train station" ... was that where you got the pictures of Evangeline Lilly, Ryan? (the post office?)

I think half the fun for me is trying to figure out where they are filming! After we talk about all the mysteries and questions we have about the show, we then launch into a long discussion about where they were filming. Luckily I read this thread with all of you who recognize these things and I can then seem smart and observant! heehee when in reality, I would've have had a clue!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by malia
        Anybody know where they filmed the diner scene where Kate went to talk to her mom? My friend insisted that was Liliha Bakery, because he saw the boxes of cocoa puffs in the background? (I told him that if he saw the bright pink jelly in the background, that would have been a better indicator )
        Yup, that was definitely Liliha Bakery. The shape of the counter, and the refrigerated cases in the front.

And the "train station" ... was that where you got the pictures of Evangeline Lilly, Ryan? (the post office?)
        Right again. Looked like the old downtown post office to me, too.

I think half the fun for me is trying to figure out where they are filming! After we talk about all the mysteries and questions we have about the show, we then launch into a long discussion about where they were filming. Luckily I read this thread with all of you who recognize these things and I can then seem smart and observant! heehee when in reality, I would've have had a clue!
        And then there are the tiny little moments of recognition... like when I noticed that the cross on Shannon's grave was made of strawberry guava branches.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofclay73
          Speaking of pretty, lonely characters, I think one of the overlooked hotties in the show is Cindy, one of the "tailies." She's the flirty stewardess who gives Jack some alcohol in the pilot episodes.
          However she got lost or taken just before their group encountered Shannon and Sayid.

What about the Army recuiting office where Kate meets her dad where was that filmed? I am also guessing that last season's episode "Born to Run" where Kate gets an envelope with money at the beginning of that episode may have been from her dad.

Comment

Figuring out locations is definitely one of the fun parts of living here and watching 'Lost.' I need to remember to update my own little list of Lost filming locations for the last few episodes.

Yep, the downtown post office (Merchant and Richards) was the bus station, and that's where I chatted with Evie on the corner. Liliha Bakery for her mom's diner. And I think the military recruiting office was the building just diamond head of Ali`iolani Hale... near where the state ID office is? The sidewalk "wall" and the building in the background looks like that area.

Comment

"Lost" Wins Family Award
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Figuring out locations is definitely one of the fun parts of living here and watching 'Lost.'

Hi Ryan!!

Don't know if this was covered yet, but this would be a great topic to include/cover during the 6-week break!!
                Lovena

Comment

Ryan you should quit your job and market an "Oahu's Guide to LOST." Take people on tours to all of these places. In fact, if we drive around Kahala long enough we can probably find Hurley's house still intact.

Comment

Figuring out locations is definitely one of the fun parts of living here and watching 'Lost.'
                    At least for us here in Hawaii it is and I think it's because Oahu has a good mix of locations to handle anything from urban highrise to deserted island landscapes. Plus as stated some where else, while they are filming on Oahu, the setting is not about Oahu so at least over here we haven't pointed errors out in geography like the other series based in Hawaii, but I suspect viewers in another places might say "The Sydney airport doesn't look like that" or "buses in LA don't have that paint job".

Comment

Actually the military office was filmed at the HGEA building on Mililani Street, just makai of the post office.

Comment

On a "Lost" related note, the arrests of actresses Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros have made national and local headlines. A discussion on this item is being held at this link:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=7165

Rodriguez may face possible prison time if California authorities follow-up on her recent arrests.

Details at the KITV 4 website:

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...67/detail.html

I am sure ABC have about 2 or 3 episodes of "Lost" already in the can or near completion for airing in January when the series resumes with first run episodes.

This begs the question on how the possible imprisonment of Michelle Rodriguez will impact the show. Will her character Anna Lucia be hastily written out of the series or will the producers hire another actress? What about the character of Libby played by Ms. Watros?

I am sure speculation abounds on this item. Certainly fodder for "Lost" fans to discuss over the series 6-week hiatus.
                        Last edited by mel; December 2, 2005, 08:59 PM.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

236 messages, 12 pages, more than 10,000 views. This topic is rolled and closed. Discussion continues here:

"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Have fun!
                          Last edited by mel; December 3, 2005, 07:08 PM.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X