Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by bittersweet View Post
    I agree about the Oceanic Ad with the couple on Maui...they don't even match as a couple!
    Apparently you didn't see the new follow-up commercial aired this week. Yes, they still look odd couple to me, but at least the girl admits she like the guy when she put her head on his shoulder at the end.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

It's for the Varsity (Bar). Starts off with a guy telling you how to conserve water...then they tell you to drink more beer.
      Sounds like it should be about recycling, then...

Comment

I agree about the Oceanic Ad with the couple on Maui...they don't even match as a couple! [...]
        Originally posted by Random View Post
        Apparently you didn't see the new follow-up commercial aired this week. Yes, they still look odd couple to me, but at least the girl admits she like the guy when she put her head on his shoulder at the end.
        The world is full of couples who look odd together! Oceanic's spot is just depicting a slice of real life!

Comment

Is the Board of Water Supply doing an ad now where people in neighborhoods dump large garbage cans with a load full of water, showing an example of "wasting water". I get the point, but I think they wasted water showing the example.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            At least the commerical didn't have a couple that's so good looking that you hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              Is the Board of Water Supply doing an ad now where people in neighborhoods dump large garbage cans with a load full of water, showing an example of "wasting water". I get the point, but I think they wasted water showing the example.

Aj
              That spot was shot almost 4 years ago and is currently airing again. It appears the ad got it's point across!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                That spot was shot almost 4 years ago and is currently airing again. It appears the ad got it's point across!
                I flinch every time I see the ad of the sprinkler irrigating the parking lot...
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
                  Hey, I got Lhasa more where that came from. Are you Apso-lutely sure you don't want to hair them?nyuk, nyuk. nyuk
                  Dachshund funny stuff, DNR! (come on now, REEEACH for it!)

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  I don't mind the ad. But the guy, Troy, really is named Troy, and he works at the Waipio Costco. We know him as the receipt checker (and our kids know him as one of the people who draws happy faces for kids on receipts). Nice friendly guy who, of course, now gets teased all the time about the ad.
                  I thought that was him! Those commercials are silly, but effective!

My least favorite commercials are the "get every possible member of the family on the screen" ones--I think they are health insurance commercials. But I'm thinking they are effective for the multigenerational demographic here in Hawaii.

Guess it reminds me that my family is not so big and close. Vestiges of military bratdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    At least the commerical didn't have a couple that's so good looking that you hate them.
                    You mean that Haleiwa Shopping Center commercial? Makes me wanna barf my poi outta my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Maybe they're bottled water ... imported.

Hate to be the guy who had to fill those trash bins.

Comment

KHNL News 8 -- the girl in college thanking her parents on webcam for sending the newspaper clippings via snail mail. Helllooooo?

And then her friend calling to thank her for letting him know about Job Link.

WORST. ON-AIR. TALENT. EVER.

Really ruins my Olympics experience.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          KHNL News 8 -- the girl in college thanking her parents on webcam for sending the newspaper clippings via snail mail. Helllooooo?

And then her friend calling to thank her for letting him know about Job Link.

WORST. ON-AIR. TALENT. EVER.

Really ruins my Olympics experience.
                          Who doesn't like to hear a teenager say the sarcastic "Hellooo?"

Comment

• Local Ads That We HATE

I don't know if there is a thread for this and I guess the ADM can shift it if there is.
                            I HATE the Kaiser Permanente heavy breathing ads. If they come on and I am doing something across the room I will run over and slam them into either mute or another channel.
                            HATE them.
                            Not too fond of the Jade Moon energy ads either but at least I don't go leaping over furniture to silence them.

Comment

• Re: Local Ads That We HATE

I hate the Oceanic TW one with the dude and his wife on the couch...I don't remember what they're talking about, but at the end, she says something about chick flicks.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

• Re: Local Ads That We HATE

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                I hate the Oceanic TW one with the dude and his wife on the couch...I don't remember what they're talking about, but at the end, she says something about chick flicks.
                                I don't "hate" that commercial. But I don't find that particular Oceanic spot to be very appealing, either.

The best one they had was the one where the ladies in the neighborhood were yelling at each other to "save" on their phone bill.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X