Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KHON tried to hide someones identity...didn't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON tried to hide someones identity...didn't work!

KHON had an article on the news that reported on the homeless people underneath the bridges in Palama...

They tried to Hide the identity of a person... however, she was still clearly visible....

They even mentioned that she asked not to be shown on camera...

I'm thinking... if I specifically was going to go on the news and report something...and I asked for my identity to be hidden...and then it comes out on the news where you can full on see me and my face and all...i'd be mighty pissed...

I wonder if she has any legal repercussions she can take?

Here's a screenshot... she's not quite as visible through this picture as it was on the TV.

Re: KHON tried to hide someones identity...didn't work!

Yeah, I saw that too. MAMA and and I stared in disbelief.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      pardon my paying devil's advocate, but this begs the query:

what ya mean? she could use the system she chooses to avoid to be part of, and try to extort money from the same avenue that gave her a voice? What would be her claim; that she was too visible? What were the repurcussions? what could the 'damages' be? the station would just claim she was happy with that degree of face shadowing they gave her.

Comment

Automation at its best LOL.

Whatever happend to the blurred image that some stations use to keep innocent people's identities safe? (I believe its called pixelation).
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          pardon my paying devil's advocate, but this begs the query:

what ya mean? she could use the system she chooses to avoid to be part of, and try to extort money from the same avenue that gave her a voice? What would be her claim; that she was too visible? What were the repurcussions? what could the 'damages' be? the station would just claim she was happy with that degree of face shadowing they gave her.
          Just realized it is news...

However she specifically agreed to the interview on the conditions that she was left anonymous!

"she might be able to pull the can you show me the signed release form?"

dunno...

touchy and interesting subject regarding the fact that it is the news

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            Automation at its best LOL.

Whatever happend to the blurred image that some stations use to keep innocent people's identities safe? (I believe its called pixelation).
            Let's just bring back the William Kennedy Smith trial blue dot.
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              Automation at its best LOL. Whatever happend to the blurred image that some stations use to keep innocent people's identities safe? (I believe its called pixelation).
              It’s called “adding pixelization takes long time” which we nomo now, since we nomo employees.

“Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing.” — PPM

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                It’s called “adding pixelization takes long time” which we nomo now, since we nomo employees.

“Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing.” — PPM
                actually it doesn't take a long time...

However, this is not a pixelization issue..

The subject at hand here... is the fact that this lady agreed upon the interview with the fact that she asked that she be unidentified.

Anyone that is related to her...or anyone in her circle of friends/co-workers/neighbors... would have watched the broadcast and said... hey thats So and so...

And most importantly... I'm sure she wanted to hide her face from those same homeless people that she was talking about....

If those homeless people were watching their TV's in there makeshift places where they live on there car battery powered TV's....they might want to retaliate against her or her family.

She specifically asked for her image not to be shown...however, it was shown!

I'm curious here in a few minutes to see if they rebroadcast the original broadcast... at 10 in a few minutes!

Manoa standing by

Looks like the 5:00 o'clock "Leading news story"

Became Nothing on the 10:00 news???

someone at KHON alerted the 10:00 team about this thread or they
                had some personal calls from the lady herself...

Interesting....?

Comment

KHON had an article on the news that reported on the homeless people underneath the bridges in Palama...

They tried to Hide the identity of a person... however, she was still clearly visible....

They even mentioned that she asked not to be shown on camera...

I'm thinking... if I specifically was going to go on the news and report something...and I asked for my identity to be hidden...and then it comes out on the news where you can full on see me and my face and all...i'd be mighty pissed...

Here's a screenshot... she's not quite as visible through this picture as it was on the TV.
                  Why you like make trouble?
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                    Why you like make trouble?
                    Cause...

"It is the way...the way it is.... "He" really don't try to offend on purpose. Go Seahawks!

ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

freaking biting...dunno why...

I thought that if you had someone on ignore that you wouldn't be able to view their comments....

I guess this will need to be something to be looked into the future?

Susie... Your on my ignore list...I'm replying through Auntie lynns post...

Why I like make trouble???

Cause I'm a trouble maker.... nuff said...

To everyone else...

I think you guys know I'm just posting what I observe.

Manoa

(p.s. can we somehow figure out a way so that even when you have a person on ignore... you still don't see there comments when people put in automatic reply.?)

Comment

i sad now. aunty no like repeat MY sig.

whassamaddah!?
                        (p.s. can we somehow figure out a way so that even when you have a person on ignore... you still don't see there comments when people put in automatic reply.?)
                        selective ocular direction

Comment

[...](p.s. can we somehow figure out a way so that even when you have a person on ignore... you still don't see there comments when people put in automatic reply.?)
                          Probably not possible, Manoa, either here in an online forum or in newsgroups. I had 2 people killfiled in soc.culture.hawaii and when others quoted those 2 people's posts, the quotes showed. It is what it is. I don't know any work around. Then, again, I'm the Untechie Tutu.

Comment

Ignore affects only posts, not quotes. The system can't fully shield you. But if you "Ignore" someone, you should ignore them. Even if you're accidentally exposed to their messages. The system can't do all your thinking for you.

If anyone has further questions on the "Ignore" feature, please contact me via Private Message. Let's keep this thread focused on the original topic.

Comment

I've seen pretty weak identity obfuscation on all the local stations. From pixelation that doesn't disguise the voice or clothes to half-assed backlighting like this. I'd imagine it's the same anywhere else. The fact of the matter is, if they really wanted or needed to shield someone, they'd do it.

I think most of the time it's a gimmick, to boost the tension and draw of a story or segment. It might very well have been what coaxed a source into talking "on the record," but they could do that without a camera. So chances are, the source wantedto be on screen.

Basically, the "anonymous source" gets the thrill of playing Deep Throat on TV (guaranteed he or she has already called all his or her friends before the broadcast), the station gets to play Woodward and Bernstein, and the audience can feel like they're seeing something really special!
                              Last edited by pzarquon; June 15, 2006, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X