Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "I'm fed up with this crap!"

Originally posted by pzarquon
    [...]He might feel like the last man standing while the rest of the world falls apart, but a better man would just suck it up and get the job done,[...]
    A little off topic but Joe's outward display of displeasure over station glitches pales in comparison to some melt downs I've seen on film sets. Unbelievable! Oh, and I don't mean on Joe's films; just film sets in general. And, such melt downs are considered acceptable. Not by me, tho'. I've walked off more than one project in protest...the most memorable is when an explosive director blew up at a 9 year old actor then wadded up one page of the script and threw it in the child's face, hitting him. All the child did was miss his mark in the first rehearsal.

Comment

I'm not a Joe Moore fan at all and haven't watched him for a very long time, but after reading this thread I decided to watch tonight (his 5:30 national and part of the 6:00 local) and see if he'd apologize for the meltdown or if he'd melt down again.
      No meltdowns, but... what the hell is up with his hair?!? The dye job is horrible; was that for his acting part in that play recently? And the stylist should be fired. Joe's hair looks like a comb-over but twisted 90 degrees, and the big wave on his forehead looks like some kind of giant caterpillar, or a tiara made of hair.
      Very distracting stuff, but I still thought his delivery was as stiff as ever and he projects arrogance as he always has.
      Back to KITV for me.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
        What Pzarq said... <clap clap clap>

I wonder if its on Oceanic's News On Demand? I tried last night when I read about it but the service was unavailable.

I like the guy at times but I too trip out when he feels that that we give a crap about his personal opinions.

He threw the pencil on the desk? LOL! No can make like that Joe!
        You know... I just noticed on my DVR that the news on demand isn't working either...

I will investigate this further.

Comment

Re: &quot;I'm fed up with this crap!&quot;

Originally posted by LikaNui
          I'm not a Joe Moore fan at all and haven't watched him for a very long time, but after reading this thread I decided to watch tonight (his 5:30 national and part of the 6:00 local) and see if he'd apologize for the meltdown or if he'd melt down again.
          No meltdowns, but... what the hell is up with his hair?!? The dye job is horrible; was that for his acting part in that play recently? And the stylist should be fired. Joe's hair looks like a comb-over but twisted 90 degrees, and the big wave on his forehead looks like some kind of giant caterpillar, or a tiara made of hair.
          Very distracting stuff, but I still thought his delivery was as stiff as ever and he projects arrogance as he always has.
          Back to KITV for me.
          Wait till you see the rebroadcast of the special the DOE obtained this Saturday at 11:00 AM on channel 56...

You will see his natural hair color
          Last edited by damontucker; June 29, 2006, 10:53 PM. Reason: am... not pm

Comment

my advice to those at KHON, ride out the storm and hang on best you can....and hope the company puts you up for sale sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              How does that not alienate viewers? It makes us focus more on Joe than the real problem, which is most definitely budget and personnel cuts and the effect on the quality of their product.
              I think you just answered your own question, Ryan. Good theory. Take the focus off the glitches by throwing a tantrum. It might just work.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Joe Moore was my favorite newscaster/anchor growing up. Her and Emmy Tamim... however you spell her name. I just remember at the end of each newscast, Joe would say, "and finally did you know...." and I always felt much smarter for learning something new that day.

Comment

How old is Joe Moore?
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Joe Moore is huge in Hawaii media. Who in Hawaii doesn't know who he is? Growing up with his face and voice always in the background definitely had an impact on me. I don't know the guy personally but he's a big part of my memory and that almost makes him feel like family. I can't help but feel a sense of comfort when I watch KHON news with Joe Moore...

Originally posted by molokai
                    Joe Moore was my favorite newscaster/anchor growing up. Her and Emmy Tamim... however you spell her name. I just remember at the end of each newscast, Joe would say, "and finally did you know...." and I always felt much smarter for learning something new that day.
                    His famous last words! No matter how boring the news might be, I'll usually wait it out just to hear that final story and watch Kanoa Leahey and Joe interact afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                      [...]Take the focus off the glitches by throwing a tantrum. It might just work.
                      Lotsa glitches last night and no reactions from Joe that I could see.

Comment

Joe's on-air episode is on youtube.com

I don't know the exact location....just do a search

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNuk6eL49M

Comment

thanks for the link kimo!

The Video of it definately puts this thread into a more visual context...

That was pretty unprofessional of him

Comment

almost as unprofessional as Montecito Broadcast Group and the way they are handling ch 2.

Comment

Now that I've seen it, Joe seems more annoyed than angry. Understandably so.
                                Burl Burlingame
                                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                                X