"I'm fed up with this crap!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "I'm fed up with this crap!"

I don't have a video capture card otherwise I would...
    The reason why I think she may have watched my clip...
    is she mentions KHNL so often in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Pointing a camera at your TV set. How quaint! At least output that signal to a real video capture card!

Frankly, typos in text cards are so common in local news, they're barely worthy of comment. Misspelled names abound -- not just interviewees, but place names, even reporters. Don't even get me started on closed captioning. Errors in live typing are understandable, but the stations that just CC the teleprompter text? I actually credit the anchors for usually stepping gracefully over some pretty horrid mistakes.

I'm pretty sure Lee is specifically referencing Joe's pencil-tossing outburst as linked earlier in this thread, which a friend of mine uploaded last week. So far, 6,000 views and at least one comment that sounds like it's from a fellow KHON employee.
      That was a great clip. I gotta admit it but I'm beginning to like the guy everyday he's gotta put up with that crap. You Go Joe!!!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        The reason why I think she may have watched my clip...is she mentions KHNL so often in the article.
        Did you read the article? The whole setup -- the whole first half of the article -- is based on her memories of her days at KHNL, back when KHNL was the first station to go all digital. That is, changing to a "new system," just as the folks KHON are doing today. Everything went wrong, and everyone else laughed.

Her point being, folks who invest an excessive amount of time in pointing out the problems of others will usually get their come-uppance sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Did you read the article?...Her point being, folks who invest an excessive amount of time in pointing out the problems of others will usually get their come-uppance sooner rather than later.
          pzarquon, manoa juss being manoa. "me, me, me!" heheheh

auntie pupule

brw: he made Ali`i today! congrats manoasurfer321!
          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 5, 2006, 01:16 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

anyone just catch Joe's quip regarding the word darn... ?

I think he was playing off the "joe moore crap video"

Ok...here's the Youtube mandatory follow up on the clip...

Look at kanoa just roll laughing about it!!!

"doesn't the letter D follow C?"

Just a thought...

here it is for all to see the Joe Moore attempt at laughing off his "Crap" statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EziI6Yn5IM

Comment

Again all I can say is some journalists from certain tv stations really looked down on us before... we had low ratings and were the joke of their newsroom.

I know because I used to intern at their newsroom and saw it first hand.

Thank goodness I left to another station....and their arrogance never rubbed off on me.

I believe one key to success in this biz is to always consider yourself the underdog...no matter where you are in the ratings.

Even if you are number one, stay humble.

Another technique I use is to turn another person's arrogance into fuel ---

You wanna look down on me?

I'm gonna do my best to kick your butt on every story!

Better writing, better use of natural sound, better interviews....better information.

Last edited by foolish heart; July 5, 2006, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I CAN hear the echo over the air. I can also hear someone command "fade...fade to black". I suspect an open mic in the control room. Possibly a mic used to communicate to the newscaster.

One person running that? WOW! In the new digital world, I can see that working ... in theory, but you'd be tied to a script with little ability to juggle things around. All "push button for next cue" kind of thing. Heaven help you if you push when you shouldn't or miss a cue.

I'd think a two person system would be more reliable - one to push the button and one to make sure the right thing is cued up. (A gross oversimplification, but gives the general idea.) The first person controls when, the second controls what.

As for Joe Moore, my mental image of him has always been his Evil Knievel impression when he was a sportscaster at KGMB. Hard to take him too seriously.
                Last edited by GeckoGeek; June 10, 2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

If anyone wants to spot me $29.95, I’m sure you know what it’s for. Send me a PM.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                    How old is Joe Moore?
                    If my calculation is correct (last time he ever mentioned his age as far as I can remember back in 1998, he said he was 50) so Joe should be 59 now.

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
                      If my calculation is correct (last time he ever mentioned his age as far as I can remember back in 1998, he said he was 50) so Joe should be 59 now.
                      hmmmm...try go look in the Aiea Annuals Years 64-66.

I dunno about his age but my sista is ova 60 and she grad Aiea 64.

No name.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Joe Moore is a 1965 Aiea grad, so he made (or makes) 60 this year. I'm right on his heels ..............

Comment

Anybody catch last night's KHON newscast? "Slow-motion train wreck," is about the best analogy I can come up with.

Joe was, I'm sure, beside himself, but there was nothing he could do about it, nothing he could say except, "Sorry, folks. Obviously, we're having some difficulty here. [To the crew: Should we go to break here and regroup?]

Newscast started with the promo of the top story... without any sound at all. Then Joe pops up on screen, notes audio problems then cues the first story by Tammy Mori. Tammy does her intro, then black screen, then the wrong clip starts to play, with no audio. Then back to a live, flabbergasted Tammy Mori.

If the woman had started to cry about there, I don't think many would have faulted her. She was clearly blown away.

Then back to Joe Moore, who apologized and suggested the break.

Problems continued after the break, too.

I had to change the station. It was painful to watch. Ouch.
                          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

The only time I watch the Channel 2 news is in the morning sometimes and on the weekends. I've given up on Joe a long time ago. The weekend news has had its share of technical glitches too. Probably too much reliance on PCs these days.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                            X