• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: "I'm fed up with this crap!"

Originally posted by tutusue
    Everyone has his/her breaking point. I think we saw one of Joe's last night.
    Yeah, everyone has a breaking point, but Joe seems to have several of them. I'm actually more of a fan than most, I guess, and still watch KHON, but Joe's willingness to break from the broadcast for an unsolicited editorial or -- in these cases in particular -- meta commentary about his station or his job, is disappointing. He might feel like the last man standing while the rest of the world falls apart, but a better man would just suck it up and get the job done, not throw a tantrum like an opera diva whose violin cue was a beat late.

I've seen the wheels completely fall off on the other stations, and they generally just wince and stumble their way through, and maybe utter an apology after the break. A sigh and a chuckle, and viewers empathise and forgive.

They sure as heck don't throw a pencil and say, basically, "Can't you people get anything right?" How does that not alienate viewers? It makes us focus more on Joe than the real problem, which is most definitely budget and personnel cuts and the effect on the quality of their product, and is therefore a disservice on many levels.
    Last edited by pzarquon; June 29, 2006, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

In addition to his 'crap' comment he threw his pencil on the desk top!

But, let's face it, the KHON glitches have gotta be frustrating, esp. for the on air people. Maybe we couldn't hear the echo but it had to be disconcerting to listen to it thru his ear piece while delivering the news.

Everyone has his/her breaking point. I think we saw one of Joe's last night.

Leave a comment:

• dick
    replied

Originally posted by kimo55
    actually, suze, he looks quite different than the days of his once in a while Hawaii five oh episode appearances. once we spotted him in a magnum ep with dark blonde hair.
    Interestingly enough, Moore was on last night's Hawaii 5-0 episode. Played some sort of MP on the scene of a Wo Fat-related bloodbath. Of course, Wo Fat escaped at the end of the hour. Needless to say, McGarrett was not thrilled...

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Joe's been on top for a long time. Some hacks come in and buy the station and stir the pot. Things fall apart. People leave. Tech falls short. Ratings suffer.All in the name of streamlining or saving a few bucks. Right?

I wonder if the hacks know they are hacks? I wonder if the money man behind the hacks knows how his money is being spent?

I noticed last night that I was watching the KGMB news.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Man, I better start watching KHON. Anyone willing to take bets?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

If you want to see what Joe Moore looked like a few decades ago...

Watch Channel 56 at 11:00 This Saturday July 1st.

The station is re-airing an old broadcast of "Kilauea: Destruction and Creation"

It shows the devestation caused by the Lava Flows down in Kalapana back in the days.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Joe's outbursts are always mildly entertaining. In the context of his newscasts' previous ratings domination, at least. Now that KHON's chokehold on local eyeballs is wavering, the rants have a different tint to them.

So, he was hearing an echo in his earpiece that wasn't reflected in the broadcast? Sounds like a pretty basic latency issue. Definitely something that should've been ironed out early... but perhaps not the best thing to lose one's cool about on air.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
    Does he still go for older Japanese women?
    only about three blocks. Then he looks for a starbucks.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Maybe in real life, then. On the news site photo, he hasn't changed very much. Does he still go for older Japanese women?

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

actually, suze, he looks quite different than the days of his once in a while Hawaii five oh episode appearances. once we spotted him in a magnum ep with dark blonde hair.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Funny to see that he's still around...and not looking a day older than he did, back in the seventies. Television makeup can do wonders!

Leave a comment:

• cezanne
    replied

What a diva he is sometimes lol.

Leave a comment:

• agovgal
    started a topic "I'm fed up with this crap!"

"I'm fed up with this crap!"

said Joe Moore on camera at the start of tonight's Ch. 2 10 o'clock news, after an apparent sound malfunction. He then announced an immediate commercial break, and said a two-week-old audio system should have been functioning properly by now. He didn't realize that viewers couldn't here the echo he was complaining about. But they sure heard the crap comment!!

Whoa, down boy!
Working...
X