Diane Ako's big....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diane Ako's big....

Geez, man, I know you love to show off how well connected you are, but...

That's her MySpace page. If she didn't want folks looking at those photos, she wouldn't have uploaded them. I'm pretty sure she's familiar with the varying reasons for her popularity, and knows exactly what she's doing -- both on camera, and in how she presents herself online.

I wouldn't take your word for it that she's taking all this in stride, but given her professionalism and poise in front of the camera, I'd imagine she is. So put down the "Knight in Shining Armor" handbook... she perfectly capable of taking care of herself.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      [...]Very very uncool... that is her MYSPACE page... not your page.[...]
      Manoa...get a grip! MySpace is public. I don't know anything about visible vs invisible but ANYONE who doesn't want their MySpace page or photos on it or...whatever...viewed should do one of 2 things. Either not publish a MySpace page or make it 'invisible' to begin with...or whatever YOU feel should be 'invisible'. Diane is a friend of yours. I know her, too, professionally. And I like her a lot. I think this discussion about her appearance is ridiculous but it is a public forum. For some reason you've decide to take on the role of an over protective father and wait by the front door with a shot gun. Why? She's a big girl. Let her speak and act for herself if she's so inclined. I'm old enough to be her mother AND I know she's old enough to take care of herself.

Isn't this akin to someone uploading a YouTube video then you telling folks not to publicize the url?

I don't get it.

Comment

Manao, ditto wat Pz and Tutusue said! I told you da same thing in my own words too on Myspace!!!!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

i'm going to go tell her to make her profile invisible there
          Who the hell do you think you are, presuming to tell her what to do?

Get over yourself, Manoa.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Who the hell do you think you are, presuming to tell her what to do?

Get over yourself, Manoa.
            She thanked me!

Comment

Hell, kudos to Diane for having a MySpace profile. Working in the media as she does, I'm sure she's more aware than most of the breathless, sensationalistic maelstrom of media attention of the "MySpace is eeevil" variety... yet she sees it, correctly, as a tool for networking with friends, and expressing herself outside her news persona.

She's posted photos of herself, sure (this sure isn't the face of a meek creature who needs protection). But unlike a large number of MySpace exhibitionists, it looks like she's also sharing pictures of her friends, family, vacations, even her cat. It adds a human, personal touch to someone we might otherwise only see in a narrow way.

Heck, seeing her as a "regular person" probably inhibits some of the less-gracious commentary she likely receives on her appearance.

Good on you, Diane. Cute kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Hell, kudos to Diane for having a MySpace profile. Working in the media as she does, I'm sure she's more aware than most of the breathless, sensationalistic maelstrom of media attention of the "MySpace is eeevil" variety... yet she sees it, correctly, as a tool for networking with friends, and expressing herself outside her news persona.

She's posted photos of herself, sure (this sure isn't the face of a meek creature who needs protection). But unlike a large number of MySpace exhibitionists, it looks like she's also sharing pictures of her friends, family, vacations, even her cat. It adds a human, personal touch to someone we might otherwise only see in a narrow way.

Heck, seeing her as a "regular person" probably inhibits some of the less-gracious commentary she likely receives on her appearance.

Good on you, Diane. Cute kitty.
                Ryan -

The big difference in what you posted...and what Brad posted.... was that was her public profile picture...

Not her picture that she had in her "personal collection" of pictures.

You are right... she should know to set the levels of her Privacy settings to the way she wants...and I'm sure she appreciates any Hawaiithreads attention that she may get.

I think that's one of the primary reasons why one aspires to be a newscaster...is to get there face on camera...

However, in this case... I just feel it was innappropiate to post someones personal pictures...when they don't even know them. (heck you have access to my wifes pictures...through myspace... however, I don't think you would be that rude would you?)

With that... I'm just gonna slowly creep away from this thread as the more I defend...the more it will be viewed.

Sorry for offending anyone again...

Manoa out!

Comment

She thanked me!
                  I was polite to you, too, when you PMed me about not publicizing Gerard's video on his MySpace page without his permission. That doesn't mean I appreciated being told what to do...or, in this case, what not to do. And, yes, Gerard did, in fact, post the url on an email list I subscribe too. And, he didn't say a word about NOT publicizing the url further. Of course he wants as many views as he can get. He's an indie filmmaker for crissakes.

Sorry, Manoa, I just don't get your watchdog approach, as it relates to people you know, and being a mouthpiece for those people who are totally capable of speaking their own minds.

Comment

my space

Wow, look what I started. It was meant positively. I'm a fan of hers. That's all I wish to clarify.

Comment

land of tight sweaters

Originally posted by lavagal
                      I've always called KHNL the land of tight sweaters and big boobs. Fink about it.
                      Heh heh. why do you think I'm a KHNL watcher? I'm so sad that Cindy Palaracio is not there anymore. In addition to Dianne, at least Joanne Shin hasn't defected yet. She doesn't have a huge endowment (at least that I can tell) but she is very pretty and perky.

Comment

Re: land of tight sweaters

Originally posted by Brad
                        Heh heh. why do you think I'm a KHNL watcher? I'm so sad that Cindy Palaracio is not there anymore.[...]
                        When did that happen and where'd she go? Another station, maybe, or out of the biz? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

cindy

I'm so sad that Cindy Palaracio is not there anymore.
                          My girlfriend's friend's cousin has a classmate that works at K5 as a technician. Something was vaguely mentioned the other week about Cindy not working there anymore but I don't know why. It was a passing comment by the time it got to me, and obviously 5th hand. I don't know if she quit, was fired, or what. In my opinion she sure was an asset to the station.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            She's posted photos of herself, sure (this sure isn't the face of a meek creature who needs protection).
                            I'm gonna use that photo as the desktop image on my computer! She oughta enlarge that and sell it as a poster.
                            To Manoa: I have to agree with everyone else here. Ya pretty much went over the top on this one.
                            And to Brad: take a cold shower, or get a subscription to Playboy or something.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: land of tight sweaters

She doesn't have a huge endowment (at least that I can tell)
                              Now you're talking about whether or not she gave money to a non-profit?!?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm not condoning or against what Manoa did, and whether it was right or wrong to post the urls of her myspace page, I'd just like to point out that this is a big reason why parents freak at the possibilities of myspace. Your stuff is OUT THERE on the Internet. And how you present yourself on the net can lead people to form opinions, good and bad.

We had our 12 year old daughter close her page, partially because her school let parents know how many kids were falsely "representing' themselves on their papes, and the riff raff their descriptions were or potentially attracting. But then as my wife investigated further, she found many of HER friends whom she hadn't heard or talked to for a long time there and has been able to connect. It's all about responsible use. Promotional use is widely used by bands and musicians on myspace to easily reach out to their fans. If Diane is using it to promote herself, more power to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X