X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimo
    replied
    Re: "Lost" Season 3

I believe the bridge scene was in Haleiwa with copious green screen effects - just as the closing "airport" scene was shot in front of a chain link fence far away from the airport (in Iwilei, actually) with huge green screen of runway lights and activity.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    They filmed some of this episode in L.A. (the bridge scene, at least), but surprisingly not everything (Jack's drive took him up Liliha St. to the Konko Mission).
    I thought the bridge scene was filmed in Haleiwa and the skyscrapers in the background were computer graphics like they have done in the past.

The coffin could be Julliette, Locke or Ben. Reason it could be Ben or Locke is because Jack must obviously change his mind about the island at some point and maybe realizes that Locke and Ben were right that it is best to remain on the island. However, Jack might not realize this until he is back on the mainland. So we dont know where he changes his mind about the island.

Jack said he is "tired of the lying"? About what all of the odd things that happen to people on the island? Kate said she had to go back to someone? Could that someone be Sawyer? Also Kate mentioned in brief to Sawyer that she could be pregnant, so LOST keeps adding more questions as they go along which they are best at doing.

KalihiBoy

Leave a comment:

• LarryPrice
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Also, to Mel, et al -- I thought I saw a California license plate on one of those cars?

You did. Studios can get fake plates for anywhere in the world, so you can't rely on that for an indication of where the scene was shot. Duing the episode with Ana Lucia's flashback, there were scenes of her driving an LAPD cop car, with the appropriate California municipal government plates, in areas that were clearly here in Honolulu. It's all part of the magic of Hollywood!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Charlie's death was tough. I mean, that porthole would've taken an hour to flood The Looking Glass,
    Do you happen to have a photo of that? I recall that the porthole was big enough for Charlie to swim out through it.
    And I don't necessarily think he's dead. I half expect (okay, much more than half) that next season we'll see Desmond having donned his scuba gear and either pull Charlie out through the porthole or perhaps he'll be able to open the door and go get Charlie... then buddy-breathe on the scuba gear and head for the surface.
    Ya think?

Also, to Mel, et al -- I thought I saw a California license plate on one of those cars?

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Wow. That finale was spectacular. Regrettably, my wife and I spoiled ourselves (the plot of the entire episode was leaked over a week ago), but even so it blew our minds. We blogged our thoughts last night.

Is Christian alive in this future? (Is it the future? Are there more than one futures?) Who's in the coffin? (My guesses are Ben or Locke.) And what does this twist mean for "LOST" as a whole? Will Season 4 pick up where we left off on the island, at the radio tower expecting rescue? Or will we suddenly be in a world where the island is seen in flashbacks, and plot unfolds in the future/present?

They filmed some of this episode in L.A. (the bridge scene, at least), but surprisingly not everything (Jack's drive took him up Liliha St. to the Konko Mission). With the "snake in the mailbox" twist, I'm wondering if the local "LOST" crew is wondering whether the show will continue to be based here.

That Mikhail is one creepy dude. Talk about "the zombie season"! And Charlie's death was tough. I mean, that porthole would've taken an hour to flood The Looking Glass, more than enough time to stroll over and put on some SCUBA gear. But he was resigned to and chose his fate, believing it would lead to Claire's rescue. Now we have to question if that happens, and whether that's actually a good thing or not.

Gah. Eight months to go until we get any more answers. (And new questions, of course.) Great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• EastCoastTropics
    replied

Oops! Sorry!
    Last edited by EastCoastTropics; May 24, 2007, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly0040
    replied

I think it's Locke in the coffin or someone we haven't met yet. First thought was Ben, but I think he'd rather die than leave.

But what had me going omg was that Jack's dad is ALIVE and well and still practicing.

I was sad to see Charlie go, but he seemed so calm and peaceful that it was ok. I wanted him to run out, leap into the ocean and swim back up cuz he totally had time. If Mikhail can cheat death, why can't Charlie?!?

I'll have more thoughts later. I gotta work

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Completely confused, (not unlike every day!)
    I was glued to my little antenna scratchy 10 inch TV!

Leave a comment:

• Palolo Joe
    replied

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
    My initial thought as to who was in the coffin was Juliette.
    "Friend or Family?"

"Neither."

Jack and Juliette were/are friends, right?

Maybe it was Ben?

Explains why Kate wouldn't want to be there. And leaves the door open to her sticking with Sawyer after they get back to the continent.

Kind of hard to believe we know this early that Jack and Kate (and probably more of the survivors) do in fact make it back.

Leave a comment:

• EastCoastTropics
    replied

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
    I was about to throw up my hand in total frustration at the end until I realized that all the scenes with Jack (with full beard) were not flashbacks, but flashforwards. Very intriguing.
    Exactly!!!

My initial thought as to who was in the coffin was Juliette.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I suspect that the person in the coffin might be Locke or Michael. I doubt it's Sawyer unless something else happens between this episode and when they get off the island that pisses off Kate because when she found out who it was she reacted by saying "why should I?"

I am beginning to wonder who else wants to find the island during the time Oceanic 815 people are on the island. Who ever runs Darhma knows more or less know where the island is. Find it kind of strange that Penny had an incoming message trying to send to the island.

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

I was about to throw up my hand in total frustration at the end until I realized that all the scenes with Jack (with full beard) were not flashbacks, but flashforwards. They gave us a view of what happens when Jack finally leaves the island. Who's in the coffin? Who is Kate with now? All in the future. Very intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I was trying to figure out who was in the coffin during Jack's flashback sequence. My first throught it could have been his friend Mark but when the funeral director asked Jack if he was family or friend, Jack said neither.
    My thought here is that the "flashback" is actually a peak into the future and that possibly the person in the coffin is Sawyer... or one of the other 815 people (don't know who). Somehow maybe he dies, and of course being the hood that he is, no one comes to the funeral. Jack is having a hard time coping with reality because he is remembering stuff that happened on the island... and he (or was it Kate) wants to go back (airport scene at end). I have to go look at the digital copy I am now editing commercials out of to see if some of the cars in the "flashback" scene are newer than 2004 models. I thought I may have caught a glimpse of a 2006 Honda....

Of course I could be totally wrong on this, but I'll stand by it for now.

The guy on the other end of the satellite phone sounded quite friendly, but is Ben correct about this? And Penny asked Charlie about the boat that she did not know of.... hmmmm...

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I was trying to figure out who was in the coffin during Jack's flashback sequence. My first throught it could have been his friend Mark but when the funeral director asked Jack if he was family or friend, Jack said neither.

A lot of stuff happened in this episode. Danielle is reunited with Alex, Alex reunited with Karl, Hurley saving the day, Ben getting beat up, Locke survive getting shot, Walt showing up (or an image of him). Talk about a twist ending for the season finale!

I am kind of sad that Tom got killed, he was an interesting Other. Still have some unanswered questions like why it was so important to Ben and Locke that no one leaves the island? Who was Naomi working for? Who was in the coffin? Who else makes it off the island? How much time has passed?

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

my thoughts exactly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X