Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

Originally posted by sin View Post
    i'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out which steep hillside was used to kickstart that van.
    That was at Kualoa Ranch, back in the valley. Absolutely gorgeous area, eh?
    Like others here, I really enjoyed last night's episode and I particularly agree with Ryan's comment about "the overriding theme of hope". Some of the recent episodes have been very dark, violent and negative, so last night was far more pleasant to watch. I also enjoyed seeing more of the original cast we all learned to like. Hopefully this will remain the focus of upcoming episodes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      That was at Kualoa Ranch, back in the valley. Absolutely gorgeous area, eh?
      Like others here, I really enjoyed last night's episode and I particularly agree with Ryan's comment about "the overriding theme of hope". Some of the recent episodes have been very dark, violent and negative, so last night was far more pleasant to watch. I also enjoyed seeing more of the original cast we all learned to like. Hopefully this will remain the focus of upcoming episodes.
      i had this stupid grin on my face the whole time. the whole episode made me smile, from hurley's determination to his heartfelt hug to welcome sawyer back to sawyer's attempts to teach jin english and drinking beer together. it was all good.

EXCEPT that stupid part with the meteor hitting the restaurant...which i THINK was the dillingham popeyes in disguise, right? somebody back me up here...

Comment

Yes, it was the Popeye's Chicken on Dillingham, which played Mr. Cluck's the first time it was depicted last season. Of course, no chicken restaurants were harmed during the filming of that episode. Fictional Asian newsreporters and camerapeople, on the other hand...

There were too many funny lines to count. Roger Workman is already a fan favorite. I still give top prize to Jorge, though. "I UNDERSTAND!" to Jin, trying to communicate in English. And, of course, "No! NO! NO-O-O!" upon hearing that his mother has "needs."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Yes, it was the Popeye's Chicken on Dillingham, which played Mr. Cluck's the first time it was depicted last season. Of course, no chicken restaurants were harmed during the filming of that episode. Fictional Asian newsreporters and camerapeople, on the other hand...

There were too many funny lines to count. Roger Workman is already a fan favorite. I still give top prize to Jorge, though. "I UNDERSTAND!" to Jin, trying to communicate in English. And, of course, "No! NO! NO-O-O!" upon hearing that his mother has "needs."
          by the way, i'm fairly sure that no one in the history of television reporting has actually yelled, "CUT!" as fake reporter Tricia Tanaka (aka Sung Hi Lee) did. besides that whole interview segment/meteor strike it was a great episode.

Comment

Kind of like they threw that in so that could have a catchy title for the episode?

Comment

Of course, no chicken restaurants were harmed during the filming of that episode.
              Uh-oh. That great line is close to TutuSue's "RuPaul" comment as Best Line Of The Week in HT.
              So, who was the person who played the TV reporter interviewing Hurley in last night's episode? Cuuuuute! Sung Hi Lee?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

by the way, i'm fairly sure that no one in the history of television reporting has actually yelled, "CUT!" as fake reporter Tricia Tanaka (aka Sung Hi Lee) did.
                Are you kidding? You do know that was Tamlyn Tomita, don't you? Sung Hi Lee can't hold a candle to Tamlyn.
                Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; March 1, 2007, 06:25 PM. Reason: Dylsexia :p

Comment

Hey! I forgot our post-"LOST" tradition, location spotting!

Where did young Hurley live?

I thought it was Manoa. My dad was convinced it was Makiki, 16th Avenue near Pahoa, because of the mahogany trees. But after driving around the area over my lunch break (!!!), I'm not so sure. The trees and homes look right, but most of the likely streets don't have sidewalks. My friend Peter thinks it's Palolo Valley. Thoughts?

Comment

And where did rich Hurley live?

Everyone I asked guessed Kahala Ave., perhaps the old Schutter mansion, but... no one knows it well enough to be sure! I'm sure that entry has appeared in more than one "Hawaii Home & Remodeling Spread," or that bean-shaped pool... but I haven't been to enough fancy houses, sadly, to recognize it right off. Even tried scanning the homes along Kahala Ave. via Google Maps' satellite imagery, but none seemed exactly right.

So... any guesses? Or dead on IDs?

It was Sung Hi Lee, by the way.

Comment

[...]So... any guesses? Or dead on IDs?
                      [...]
                      I'm reasonably certain that pix #1 (exterior street) is Kahala Ave. Don't know about the interior or pool shots. They may or may not all belong to the same property.

Comment

Hey! I forgot our post-"LOST" tradition, location spotting!

Where did young Hurley live?

I thought it was Manoa. My dad was convinced it was Makiki, 16th Avenue near Pahoa, because of the mahogany trees. But after driving around the area over my lunch break (!!!), I'm not so sure. The trees and homes look right, but most of the likely streets don't have sidewalks. My friend Peter thinks it's Palolo Valley. Thoughts?
                        I'd say Mānoa. Look at the middle image -- in the background you can see the hillside houses on Round Top Drive. That road, running halfway up the slope instead of being at the top of the slope, is pretty distinctive.

And Ryan... did you mean Kaimukī, not Makiki?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                          I'd say Mānoa.
                          D'oh. Of course. It would make sense, especially since Hurley's house in Season 1 was also in Mānoa. In fact... I bet it's the same house. (Searches.) Yep, I'm almost certain. And I think I know where it is now!
                          And Ryan... did you mean Kaimukī, not Makiki?
                          Exactly. Don't think there's a 16th Ave. or Palolo Ave. in Makiki! But, doesn't matter anymore. I think we found the neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                            Are you kidding? You do know that was Tamlyn Tomita, don't you? Sung Hi Lee can't hold a candle to Tamlyn.
                            ah no, i meant sung hi. i think maybe the name Tricia Tanaka trigged images of Tamlyn Tomita in your memory banks there.

Comment

ah no, i meant sung hi. i think maybe the name Tricia Tanaka trigged images of Tamlyn Tomita in your memory banks there.
                              Oh, lord. I had no idea that Sung Hi actually acted. Or that she looked enough like Tamlyn that I'd make that mistake.

Comment

Hah! I found it, finally. Talk about a wild goose chase.

I got it in my head Hurley's house was in Manoa, 'cause that's what I'd suddenly thought I remembered someone at KITV saying ("LOST" borrowed their live news van to be in the background in Season 1 when Hurley won the lottery). Meanwhile, my dad insisted it was Kaimuki, and further, said he meant 6th-8th Ave., not 16th-18th. Ave. I tell you, I made people in that neighborhood nervous last week...

Finally, someone at KITV found someone else at KITV who found the guy who had the van. And the answer, despite the fact that the shoot was two years ago, came right to mind. 7th Avenue!

Man. This one's been eluding us since Episode 1x18! And interestingly enough, while I was taking pictures, one of the many rental tenants of the house came home and asked what I was up to. She noted that they'd used it three times already (hmm...), and that the landlord isn't exactly champing at the bit to have them back...

Anyway, compare the above to the screenshots here and here. Whew.

Comment

Working...
                                X