Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

Here's our take:
    Well, if that doesn’t hook you for the rest of the season, just go watch American Idol. It’s not often that the consistently overblown ABC promotions team and the fan press hit the mark, but “The Man from Tallahassee” is indeed a “game changer.” It says something that “why Locke was paralyzed” was most certainly not the big reveal in any “LOST” episode. The gotchas were reminiscent of “Walkabout.” The clues were reminiscent of “Orientation.” And, says Jen, “Just go ahead and give Michael Emerson all the Emmys right now.”
    Loved it. Will definitely watch it a few more times. The conversations between Locke and Ben were so loaded, I feel like I should study a transcript. And as far as shocking endings go, that one just about took the cake. Explaining it, of course, will be the challenge of the rest of this show's run!

Locations, anyone?

Thanks to idvfilms, we know the Tustin flower shop was Rudy's Flowers on Isenberg. I'm confident Locke's disability benefits office and his hospital room was Pauahi Tower downtown (note the parking garage out the latter's windows). The building from which he was defenestrated (I've always loved that word!) looked like the Waikiki Landmark at Kalakaua and McCully avenues.

Locke's apartment looks very familiar, but I couldn't place it. Something about that fenced in garden thing really rings a bell. And the submarine? Well, there aren't many of those lying around. Anyone know if it was the U.S.S. Bowfin?

Comment

I absolutely loved this ep! I was shocked to see Locke get pushed out the glass window. And seeing his dad tied up in that chair brought a smile to my face! Oh, the look on his dad's face when he saw Locke "standing" there before him was such a Kodak moment!
      Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        Anyone know if it was the U.S.S. Bowfin?
        Couldn't they have built that interior set of the sub at Diamond Head studio? They certainly did not need it for very long.

Agree that this was a good episode, but somehow I knew when Ben opened the door, Locke's dad would be there. Too many hints led to the moment.

I like it that Danielle has been in the last 3 or 4 episodes, and she has been very fleeting in all of them... showing up and then disappearing for most of the time only to show up again.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Interesting ending!

Just going off on a little tangent....what was Kevin Tighe's character's name in the 70s show "Emergency"? And the name of his partner played by Randolph Mantooth?

And speaking of emergencies, was that just outside P.F. Chang's where Locke fell? It looked to be inside one of the ridiculously expensive condo units in that building where Locke confronted his dad. Not many "locals' live there. I visited a unit where the owner told me that all but one of the units on his floor was Japanese-owned. Nice place though.

Comment

According to this Breaking News item in today's Advertiser, the show will go on:

"Lost," ABC's filmed-in-Hawai'i series, was one of 14 shows green-lit.
            "The announcement was made yesterday by Stephen McPherson, ABC Entertainment president in Los Angeles.
            "Now in its third season, "Lost" is No. 1 in its time period for adults 18-49 as well as top 10 p.m. show (9 p.m. here) on any network, according to MovieWeb.com."

And yes, I loved last night's episode too. The past couple of week's they seem to have gone back to their strength, and made it a lot more enjoyable to watch than earlier in the season.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
              I absolutely loved this ep! I was shocked to see Locke get pushed out the glass window. And seeing his dad tied up in that chair brought a smile to my face! Oh, the look on his dad's face when he saw Locke "standing" there before him was such a Kodak moment!
              They sure did a good job of making Locke look younger and different in the past and older and weathered in the new scenes.

I too was impressed with this episode and felt like it answered alot of questions I had. Can't wait for next week.

BUT the kids were yelling when Jack told Kate....I won't??will?? come back for you??? which one did he say? I have no idea. I was so upset they would not be quiet then!
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Here's our take:Loved it. Will definitely watch it a few more times. The conversations between Locke and Ben were so loaded, I feel like I should study a transcript. And as far as shocking endings go, that one just about took the cake. Explaining it, of course, will be the challenge of the rest of this show's run!

Locations, anyone?

Thanks to idvfilms, we know the Tustin flower shop was Rudy's Flowers on Isenberg. I'm confident Locke's disability benefits office and his hospital room was Pauahi Tower downtown (note the parking garage out the latter's windows). The building from which he was defenestrated (I've always loved that word!) looked like the Waikiki Landmark at Kalakaua and McCully avenues.

Locke's apartment looks very familiar, but I couldn't place it. Something about that fenced in garden thing really rings a bell. And the submarine? Well, there aren't many of those lying around. Anyone know if it was the U.S.S. Bowfin?
                Locke's apartment looks to me like it was filmed at a complex called La`au Gardens on Date Street, just before the golf course?
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

My guesses: The aparment complex looks like in Moiliili on Date Street just off of Kapiolani. As for the submarine, maybe this?

http://www.hawaiifilmandvideo.com/cg...cle.pl?id=2887

There was a submarine set built in a Halawa facility for a low-budget film, "Tides Of War" that was shot last year.

Comment

That's it! Of course. A friend used to live on Date St. (2525 and 2916) so that's why it looked so familiar. A-a-a-a-and, the second week of January someone told me "LOST" was at Kaimuki High School. That must've been where they were working. Indeed, here it is via Google Maps. You can see that weird parking lot thing. Yay! Thanks.

The leftover submarine set sounds intriguing. Though someone e-mailed me and said it was out at Kualoa. Unless they moved the leftover submarine set out there?

Comment

You already know where the apartment is, but... that "fenced in garden thing" is actually the complex's swimming pool.

Could the sub have been CGI in the wide shot... and the interior shots done at Diamond Head?

Comment

Reliable source says the sub interior shots were NOT at Diamond Head film studio - but source did not know where they were shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                          Just going off on a little tangent....what was Kevin Tighe's character's name in the 70s show "Emergency"? And the name of his partner played by Randolph Mantooth?
                          Aaaaaaah! That's why he looks so familiar.

Comment

Hold on. Last episode, we saw Sayid, Kate, and Locke puzzling about how to get in past the security barrier, and once in they sneak to the compound where they see Jack going long for Tom's pass. Now this episode, we see that Locke and Alex make it from the compound down to the water in minutes, with no problems. What happened to the pylons of death? According to the map Sayid had, didn't they go around all the way? I don't remember a coastline on that map.

Comment

Your right, unless there is a lagoon within the barracks area and there is an underground passage from the lagoon to the ocean and you need the submarine to go through the passage.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                                Interesting ending!

Kevin's character was named Roy DeSoto and his partner, played by Randy Mantooth, was John Gage.
                                No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Working...
                                X