"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

I can't quite figure out smokey the monster.....

I do wonder if it was some type of experiment that has gone bad.....a security system that was created and it somehow killed it's creator/designer and is now loose and uncontrollable.
    Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Locations, anyone? The gas station is on Old Fort Weaver Road (and isn't even a gas station in real life). Was the bar Kate and Cassidy talked in Kemoo Pub? If so, that'd be right next door to Claire's tattoo parlor. And the restaurant where Diane worked looked so familiar... right down to those purple chairs. Diane's house? No clue. Palolo Valley was one guess. Anyone?
      Actually that whole scene looks like Waialua to me, from the road Kate had her car break down to the gas station where she met that other gal to the bar, which I think was the Sugar Shack. Whatcha think gang?

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
        Like Sayid, I'm very suspicious about Juliet and don't think she should go back with them. Her being left behind is all a plan for her to spy on the Losties, but heck, I'm just a viewer so I'll go along with it.
        I don't know about the spying part. The Others seem to have a good idea of the Losties background pretty well researched. Maybe they got a device with them called a Flashback machine (tm and patent pending) which when targeted on a person will generate images of the target's past experience on to a view screen. And this is what we are seeing in the episode.

Besides Locke is with them now, they can pump him for more information. And what's left for them to do with the Losties?

So where do you suppose Locke and the Others have gone to?
        Either to the Hydra station or maybe some unknown and get unrevealed place that Juliet doesn't know about.

Comment

Caught the Lost segment this morning on KITV with Mahealani Richardson and Ryan.

They covered the observation of how there's always something sexy thrown into the show, such as how Kate always manages to get wet or fall into the mud... which Ryan had reserved comments.

I wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with Mahealani.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            I wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with Mahealani.
            Well, technically you ARE on an island that Mahealani is on. Just gotta work out that stranded part.
            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

My current, subject to change, Lost conspiracy theory is as follows...

The Others have control of Smokey. Smokey could have been taking pictures of what was going on with that encounter in the tree so that Benry still has control of the situation with Juliet, keeps him updated. He loves control almost as much as he loves mind games. The Others use Smokey to get in The Losties minds to either get them to repent or kill them for their sins. They themselves can stay "good people" if they don't actually do the dirty work. Smokey was always trying to lure Locke, even that time it tried to pull him down a hole, maybe it was trying to take Locke somewhere. I think The Others have always wanted both Locke and Jack.

Juliet is working uncover now, much like Benry, she's going to try to turn them against eachother for some greater reason I'm not quite sure of yet. Or maybe get Jack to turn his back on The Losties for good. I bet you she took Kate out into the jungle, handcuffed herself to Kate (kinky ) and this is a long con of sorts. The set up for this con started long ago.

Since Juliet was The Other's fertility doc does that mean Claire is gonna get a wicked flashback of Juliet and what she did? Loved the Sayid preview for the next episode. We are gearing up for something big, I love it.

Juliet is a FANTASTIC character. I think she could whoop Kate anytime she wanted to. She has some crazy reflexes and is a secret bad ass.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

She is secretly crazy too! Makes her even more dangerous...very cunning.
                I loved last night's episode!
                I teased my hubby about missing it. haha

I was so sad to see the way John talked to Kate, she seemed so devestated.
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I think I'm in love with Kate and Juliet.
                  And yes, I do mean that I'm in love with them together.
                  [/fantasy daydreaming]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Holy Wow! Great EP!!!!

Juliet: If I told you everything, you'd kill me.
                    Sayid: What do you think I''l do if you don't?

Sawyer's "3 Men and a baby" remark and the look of relief on his face when he saw Kate on her return.

Hurley telling Juliet where they buried Ethan.

Oooh, the women on the island all die when they get preggers! Did you see Alex's photos on the wall in Ben's place when Juliet came to show him his xrays? I wonder if Alex will also die if she got pregnant. I think that's why they took the children....they probably had them returned home as it seems Ben is looking for answers and mothers hold the key.

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                    Like Sayid, I'm very suspicious about Juliet and don't think she should go back with them. Her being left behind is all a plan for her to spy on the Losties, but heck, I'm just a viewer so I'll go along with it.
                    Juliet the mole!

Not missing next week's ep fer sure!
                    Lovena

Comment

They want Sun JIN SAVE HER OMGGGGGG

Comment

So if pregent women on the island die, how come Danielle survived? And the Others still had contact with the outside world at the time Oceanic 815 crashed on the island.

Jacob being mentioned again. I wonder when this person will be revealed?

And Juliet being a spy via the flashback. I wonder if Danny Picket (the person she shot a few episodes ago) is still alive?

Comment

Jen and I post our take:
                          “See you in a week.” Indeed. A spectacular episode, most definitely beginning the sprint to the season finale. And for all the clues and answers we get in “One Of Us,” what kept Jen and I dazzled was the performances, the writing, the pacing. Some episodes feel a little off, but tonight, “LOST” was in top form.

I’ll say it again, Elizabeth Mitchell deserves an Emmy. Or two. Even though she and Michael Emerson are late additions to the cast, they are hands down the strongest actors on the show. And while our old friends have been around too long to be consistent, tonight I’d say almost everyone was spot on. Jack and Sayid at loggerheads. Sawyer and Kate all a’tingle. (I’m no “shipper,” but Sawyer’s expression upon spotting Kate melted my cold, cold heart.) Claire and Charlie, Sun and Jin… Altogether, quite possibly the most perfect episode in a while.
                          Location time!

The mysterious private airport in Miami was the Gannett printing facility in Kapolei, where The Honolulu Advertiser is printed.

The Herarat Aviation (Herarat = Earhart?) lobby looked like the main branch of First Hawaiian Bank on Bishop Street.

The submarine and pier are in the private ponds at Kualoa (where Jin visited his father in Season 2).

Not sure where Rachel and Julian’s playground was, but I suspect it was Palolo again (where Jack stalked Sarah). Or maybe that playground on Waialae Ave.? Swings are increasingly rare in these litigious times, so that's the best clue apart from the play equipment we saw.

Comment

I’ll say it again, Elizabeth Mitchell deserves an Emmy. Or two.
                            Agreed! And I have to admit that I didn't know her name, so thanks for that. Out of curiosity, I Googled her and found an item about her on Wikipedia, which I actually found to be insulting:

"Biography:
                            Mitchell was born in Los Angeles and her family moved to Dallas, Texas in 1970. She has two younger sisters: Kristy, who is seven years younger; and Kate who is twelve years younger. Kate played a small role in ER. In 1991, she graduated from Stephens College with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. She is married to actor Chris Soldevilla, who is Jewish. They have a son, Christopher Jr, who was born on September 4, 2005."

Wait a second... what the hell is that about her husband being Jewish?!? What if he was Catholic or Protestant or whatever else, would it have been included then? Am I missing something here? Does a person's religion need to be included in every bio on Wikipedia (which I've rarely looked at)?

Anyway. Jewish or Lemurian, her husband is one lucky sonuvagun!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just got around to watching my recorded copy. I love this show.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              "Biography:
                              Mitchell [...] is married to actor Chris Soldevilla, who is Jewish. They have a son, Christopher Jr, who was born on September 4, 2005."

Wait a second... what the hell is that about her husband being Jewish?!? What if he was Catholic or Protestant or whatever else, would it have been included then? Am I missing something here? Does a person's religion need to be included in every bio on Wikipedia (which I've rarely looked at)?
                              Hey, it's Wikipedia. Anybody can contribute, and if the information is wrong it'll be corrected.

I'm guessing that the contributor felt it was worth mentioning because Soldevilla is not as obviously Jewish a name as, say, Goldstein. It sounds Spanish, so it's probably Sephardic rather than Ashkenazi. As for the question of whether this information is inappropriate for inclusion in a Wikipedia bio, well, that's a different question altogether. Some people (e.g. some Asian Americans, some Native Hawaiians) want to have their ethnicity mentioned, especially if they're hapa and have a haole name.

Jen and I post our take:The Herarat Aviation (Herarat = Earhart?) lobby looked like the main branch of First Hawaiian Bank on Bishop Street.
                              HERARAT... EARHART... Yeah, it's a good anagram. Earhart mysteriously disappeared over the Pacific in 1937. Good catch.

I was wondering whether there might also be a passing reference to "Ararat"; more on why at the end of this post.

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              So if pregent women on the island die, how come Danielle survived? And the Others still had contact with the outside world at the time Oceanic 815 crashed on the island.
                              Maybe things were different 16 years ago? After all, didn't Ben say that he was born on the island himself, too? Clearly, he isn't dead. Or is he? DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!!

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                              They want Sun JIN SAVE HER OMGGGGGG
                              If the problem is, as Juliet says, with conception... well, when did Sun conceive anyway? (And with who?) If the timing of the conception is an important factor, then Sun may be faced with needing to admit to her past deeds, or else risk her life. Yipes.

Oops! Didn't realize that you can't put a spoiler after quoted text... my spoilered theory follows in the next post, then.
                              Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; April 15, 2007, 05:51 PM. Reason: Had to move the spoiler to a new post

Comment

I'm not a hardcore Lost theorist, but this episode propelled one idea way in front of the rest in my book:

I think the Island is in the far, far future. Civilizations have come and gone (thus the giant 4-toed statue stub) and the human species itself has gone extinct... except for the people from the 21st century who we see on the show, the Others and the Losties and whoever else has gotten snatched up by the weird Bermuda Triangle-esque time rift that occasionally appears.

Think about it. The Others are really concerned about trying to get women to conceive. It makes sense if they believe that they are the last and only hope for the survival of the human race... because in Ten Million A.D., they're the only ones left. The Herarat=Ararat similarity supports this idea -- the Dharma Foundation sees its work in colonizing the Island as like a second Noah's Ark.

The Dharma Foundation can send supplies forward to the far future. That's how they stay supplied.

Do we actually know that the Others are able to return to the regular (21st century) world? We have not seen Michael, or Walt, or anyone else, leave the Island and then show up back in the real world. Maybe they can't, because you can't travel back to the past, only forward to the future.

What about the video of Juliet's sister, and the baseball game that Ben showed Jack, and all the video footage of flight 815's disappearance? Well, maybe the Others have technology that allows them to view scenes from the past, whenever and wherever they want, in great detail. This would explain how Ben and crew know so much about the Losties' lives, even the secret personal parts that nobody should know.

Maybe the smoke monster is a super high tech nano-fog robot from a long-dead future civilization.

What about Desmond's future knowledge? Maybe information can be transmitted to the past, even if physical objects can't. Maybe he really did see and do all those things, but only his memories got transmitted back.

Of course, this doesn't explain everything. But I like how it sounds.
                                Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; April 15, 2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X