"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

Interesting that Mikhail is alive. Is it just him that can come back from the dead or does it work for anyone on the island?m Hmmm I am wondering if Mikhail is Radzinsky, the guy who made the map on the Swan station?

As far as the ending, wow someone went to great lengths to setup an alternate plane for Oceanic 815 with a lot of dead bodies. I wonder where the alternate plane ended up?

Comment

Jen and I post our detailed thoughts here.

Lots of juicy stuff!

The father of Sun's baby is Jin... which is good news for Jin, bad news for Sun. Her scenes with Juliet were quite powerful.

Parachute Lady says Flight 815's wreckage was found, as well as (presumably) bodies, so the world concluded that all our survivors are dead. My guess is the crash was faked, or falsely reported, but people who think "LOST" is getting into time travel or alternative universe territory are no doubt quite excited.

Mikhail (a.k.a. Patchy) isn't dead. He even jokes about it. Which raises the question, which other presumed deaths may not truly have been?

Juliet continues her reconnaissance mission in the beach camp, reporting back to Ben. She's collecting samples from women, presumably to determine who's pregnant, including Austin... part of their successful captive breeding program! But she's not happy about it.

I like Desmond's line: "You know, brother. By my count, you’ve killed more of them than they’ve killed of you." As much as we presume the worst of our Others, our protagonists aren't exactly coming across as angels.

I'm loving Season 3 a great deal. And Elizabeth Mitchell better get an Emmy.

Photos from tonight's canal scene here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        Parachute Lady says Flight 815's wreckage was found, as well as (presumably) bodies, so the world concluded that all our survivors are dead. My guess is the crash was faked, or falsely reported,
        Considering that the Others on the island did not expect Oceanic 815 to come to the island, their contact on the outside world more than likey had to bust their tails to fake another plane crash with the right amount of dead people. I suspect this was done to avoid a search for the real Oceanic 815 that might have exposed the island to the outside world.

Mikhail (a.k.a. Patchy) isn't dead. He even jokes about it. Which raises the question, which other presumed deaths may not truly have been?
        Goodwin looked like he was truly dead, maybe because of the stick still stuck in his body. Artz for sure since he was blown to pieces. Maybe Ana Lucia, Shannon, Libby and Ethan could be alive assuming the bullets that killed them are not inside their body. That might mean that the Marshal and Boone could have come back to life.

Then again if you die because you got pregnant, could you come back to life?

For Mikhail maybe he didn't die but rather got bloodied and stunned by the sonic fence.

I like Desmond's line: "You know, brother. By my count, you’ve killed more of them than they’ve killed of you." As much as we presume the worst of our Others, our protagonists aren't exactly coming across as angels.
        Good point. The Others killed Scott and Nathan. The Oceanic 815 people killed Goodwin, Ethan and Colleen.

Comment

Did anyone notice that when Sun met Jin's mom, they were at Kukui Plaza or someplace in Chinatown, and the mom said meet me back here with the money.

But then when Sun came back to meet her, they were at Ala Moana Beach Park by the bridge.

(Hope somebody else didn't already point this out because i skipped reading the prior posts)

Comment

What? I'm pretty sure both scenes were along the canal at College Walk and N. Kukui St. I watched them film, 'round lunch and at sunset that day, and saw Yunjin Kim in both outfits (the green one and this one).

It's the interior of Mr. Kwon's house I'm curious about. Was it inside the temple right there on the corner?

So... who else thinks Parachute Woman is linked with DHARMA or the Others? After all, it was her flare gun (accidentally fired by Hurley) that drew Mikhail. She spoke Portuguese, which Mikhail understood (though she also spoke Chinese, English, and perhaps Italian). She seemed unusually distressed when she caught a glimpse of him just before her lung was "ventilated." Maybe the whole story of everyone being presumed dead is part of the overall con?

Comment

Anyone know where they filmed the spot for Sun's father's office? (Where she walked up those beautiful marble stairs, and then his office with the 2-story glass windows.)
              I agree with Ryan about Elizabeth Mitchell being due for an Emmy. Sun was terrific too.
              And I totally cracked up laughing at Hurley not once but twice, and both times when he said just one word: "Oops!" and then his "What?!?" at the end of the episode. Excellent comedic timing and expressions.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

That was the First Hawaiian Center, and the stairs up to The Contemporary Museum gallery space. It was there that Mr. Paik's office was originally set up last season.

For what it's worth, the same gleaming interior served as Jack and Sarah's divorce lawyer's office, and as the secret private airport in Florida (Herarat Aviation).

Comment

Thanks, Ryan!

Comment

a quick search on the thread didn't reveal that this was said, so if you all already knew this, sorry, but for those of you who didn't...

many hospital and "hotel" scenes were filmed at hawaii medical center east...formerly the Liliha campus of st. francis medical center.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Just a 'heads up' for you location watchers -- filming for this season ends this coming Friday, May 4.

Comment

[QUOTE=pzarquon;143308]What? I'm pretty sure both scenes were along the canal at College Walk and N. Kukui St. I watched them film, 'round lunch and at sunset that day, and saw Yunjin Kim in both outfits (the green one and this one).
                        QUOTE]

i swear the bridge i saw in the background when sun met jin's mom with the money was one of those that goes over the (stream? ditch? culvert?) that runs right next to ala moana boulevard. then again you do have the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          Just a 'heads up' for you location watchers -- filming for this season ends this coming Friday, May 4.
                          A little birdie tells me that filming indeed extends through this Friday, but that last Friday's work in East Honolulu and Iwilei mark the end of location work, and the majority of the work for most principals. For the next five days, they'll be cooped up on the Diamond Head lot.

The big twist scene from Season One, Walt's kidnapping, was codenamed "The Bagel," and filmed under a shroud of great secrecy. The equivalent scene in Season Two, the "real world" reveal with the polar station and Penny's phone call, was called "The Challah." I'm guessing they're filming the big twist for this season this week at the film studio... and no word yet on what baked product it's going to be named after.

Comment

oooohhh, I really like this ep!!

Others Campsite: Wasn't that the flight attendant from the Tail section?? And those two children? Where'd they come from?

I guess Locke knows Sawyer better than Sawyer knows himself.

It's so like Sayid to doubt Naomi. Interesting....Naomi is looking for Desmond and the coordinates given to her and the rescue crew, by Penny, were in the middle of the ocean.

I don't like that "I told you so" look that Juliet gives Jack when Kate tells them about the sat phone.

I cannot wait to watch next weeks ep!!
                            Lovena

Comment

Since the episode has aired already on Hawaii, there is no need for the spoilers.

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                              Others Campsite: Wasn't that the flight attendant from the Tail section?? And those two children? Where'd they come from?
                              Yes it was Cindy from the tail section. She and the kids did show up eariler in the season when Jack was in the bear cage at the Hydra station.

I don't like that "I told you so" look that Juliet gives Jack when Kate tells them about the sat phone.
                              This means that Jack knows something about the island that he found out during his time with the Others. What that something is, well I guess hopefully we will find out before the end of the season.

As far this episode is concerned, I am going on the theory that the wreakage found underwater was placed there to make up for the fact that the real Oceanic 815 stumbled on the island by mistake. Putting the fake wreakage deep underwater prevents easy verification on the dead bodies.

I am wondering when Locke's dad got taken from Florida?

Comment

Something has been bugging me. Locke said he has a problem killing people but a few episodes ago he had no problem pushing Mikhail to the sonic fence, course he didn't know that the fence was lethal.

Comment

Working...
                                X