Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    They filmed some of this episode in L.A. (the bridge scene, at least), but surprisingly not everything (Jack's drive took him up Liliha St. to the Konko Mission).
    I thought the bridge scene was filmed in Haleiwa and the skyscrapers in the background were computer graphics like they have done in the past.

The coffin could be Julliette, Locke or Ben. Reason it could be Ben or Locke is because Jack must obviously change his mind about the island at some point and maybe realizes that Locke and Ben were right that it is best to remain on the island. However, Jack might not realize this until he is back on the mainland. So we dont know where he changes his mind about the island.

Jack said he is "tired of the lying"? About what all of the odd things that happen to people on the island? Kate said she had to go back to someone? Could that someone be Sawyer? Also Kate mentioned in brief to Sawyer that she could be pregnant, so LOST keeps adding more questions as they go along which they are best at doing.

KalihiBoy

Comment

I believe the bridge scene was in Haleiwa with copious green screen effects - just as the closing "airport" scene was shot in front of a chain link fence far away from the airport (in Iwilei, actually) with huge green screen of runway lights and activity.

Comment

Also, re: whether or not the series will continue to be based here, note that at least some of the stuff is on the books for Hawaii in that the UH film school (Academy for Creative Media) is signing up interns for season four.

Comment

Still (frustratingly) unanswered: the numbers.

For a minute I thot maybe "the code" to turn off the jamming device would turn out to be 4 8 15, etc.

Comment

I thought Evangeline told Regis the Lost show was just signed for 3 more years.

And I thought it was Sawyer in the coffin but I don't know.

I also thought that Charlie could not swim.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I think if they really did film in LA they would have to state it as such in the credits as in "LA production team." I think during the end of the closing credits it always says "filmed entirely on location in the state of Hawaii". Though this is hard to see with the split screen images during closing credits these days.

I'm 99% sure that the bridge was shot in Haleiwa with LA skyline CGI images in the background. I think they did this CGI image before with Sydney skylines in the background.

KalihiBoy
              Last edited by Kalihiboy; May 24, 2007, 03:39 PM. Reason: poor grammer

Comment

But if I recall correctly, that bridge looked a helluva lot longer than the Rainbow Bridge in Haleiwa. Could've been extended with computer effects, maybe?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I could have sworn I saw Aloha Tower in the background in the bridge scene. and I think it was Juliette in the coffin - she must have pulled some really nasty trick during the rescue or something else since they returned to have no one show up at the funeral. I read somewhere last nite that there is a clue someplace that shows a "J" on the coffin? did anyone else see/read that? and also - are there any screen shots of the newspaper clipping that Jack first sees? all I could read was the word "resident" on it.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

ok, so at work I was thinkin about lost alllll day long.

The scene where Alex meets her mom was so....meh. But I loved how the first thing Danielle said was, "let's go tie him up" or something. hahaha. I expected Alex/Danielle to figure out who each other were while Jack was beating up Ben, but I guess everyone just stood around and waited patiently...

I was so glad Hurley came roaring in with the bus. When Sawyer tells him to go back, I swear they put Hurley in a smaller shirt just to make him look really, really fat. I mean, the guy is big, but no need for me to see in a tight shirt, ya know? I really felt bad for the guy.

So like, if the flash forward is correct and Kate and Jack do get off the island, why isn't Kate in jail? Or like, if you get in a plane crash and get to start your life over again, is that your Get Out of Jail Free card? OOOo or maybe Jacob was like "im tired of looking at them let them go home and i will also clear kate's name because I am Jacob and I'm super cool"

Comment

Here are some screen captures that I am posting....

Alex & Danielle... yep, casting did an excellent job of matching these 2. I like Mira Furlan. I like Danielle.

Charlie's last words...

So where is Penny?
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It wasn't a Honda that I saw, but a Saturn Ion that almost hits Jack.

I looked at the coffin scene again.. saw no letter "J"; ABC logo quite prominent though. If there was a "J" on it, it could also be "James".

Any meaning to Kate's license plates on her car? California plates?
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The bridge: Haleiwa or L.A.? Computer CGI???? Hilo????

If the credits are to be believed, everything was filmed in Hawaii.

More screen captures here.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                            ok, so at work I was thinkin about lost alllll day long.

The scene where Alex meets her mom was so....meh. But I loved how the first thing Danielle said was, "let's go tie him up" or something. hahaha. I expected Alex/Danielle to figure out who each other were while Jack was beating up Ben, but I guess everyone just stood around and waited patiently...

I was so glad Hurley came roaring in with the bus. When Sawyer tells him to go back, I swear they put Hurley in a smaller shirt just to make him look really, really fat. I mean, the guy is big, but no need for me to see in a tight shirt, ya know? I really felt bad for the guy.

So like, if the flash forward is correct and Kate and Jack do get off the island, why isn't Kate in jail? Or like, if you get in a plane crash and get to start your life over again, is that your Get Out of Jail Free card? OOOo or maybe Jacob was like "im tired of looking at them let them go home and i will also clear kate's name because I am Jacob and I'm super cool"
                            Why couldn't they have been put back in the past like Desmond was, reliving the past again?
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                              I'm 99% sure that the bridge was shot in Haleiwa with LA skyline CGI images in the background. I think they did this CGI image before with Sydney skylines in the background.
                              I was pretty sure it was in L.A. (that bridge has been in dozens of other shows and movies). The folks at Lost Virtual Tour have apparently confirmed this. Also, notably, Matthew Fox had said on a recent late night appearance that they had just wrapped up filming "here in L.A." Presumably that was the bridge scene and the airplane interior.
                              Originally posted by Kelly0040
                              The scene where Alex meets her mom was so....meh.
                              I thought Danielle's reunion with Alex was just right.
                              Originally posted by Kimo
                              Also, re: whether or not the series will continue to be based here, note that at least some of the stuff is on the books for Hawaii in that the UH film school (Academy for Creative Media) is signing up interns for season four.
                              Damon Carlton is on record saying that Season 4 will be filmed in Hawaii... "mostly." An intriguing qualification.
                              Originally posted by LarryPrice
                              Studios can get fake plates for anywhere in the world, so you can't rely on that for an indication of where the scene was shot.
                              Correct. More telling, actually, was Kate's area code in L.A. Her number began with 310, which is shorthand for "swanky." Not only is she not a fugitive in jail... she's doing quite well for herself!

Comment

[QUOTE=pzarquon;147408]I was pretty sure it was in L.A. (that bridge has been in dozens of other shows and movies). The folks at Lost Virtual Tour have apparently confirmed this. Also, notably, Matthew Fox had said on a recent late night appearance that they had just wrapped up filming "here in L.A." Presumably that was the bridge scene and the airplane interior.

That sure fooled me, I was sure that bridge scene or at the very least part of the bridge scene was in Haleiwa I never knew they did any filming in Los Angeles whatsoever. I'm glad to know that Carlton says filming will remain in Hawaii.

Perhaps the survivors in addition to receiving a Gold Pass to fly anywhere also received a nice cash settlement as well.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                                X