• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best overall reporter?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Elvis has 'em, everybody knows that.
    yeah but too late cuz...Elvis has left the building!!!! DOH
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
      is it just me, or does KHNL's stephanie chun look, hot, hot, hot in her new on-camera glasses?
      I think you mean Stephanie Lum. And no, I don’t like the glasses, but then again to me, Joanne Shin is hotter than Steph.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
        I think you mean Stephanie Lum. And no, I don’t like the glasses, but then again to me, Joanne Shin is hotter than Steph.
        ooops, you're right...you'd think i'd have gotten that right, considering watching lum's newscasts is part of my job...at any rate, to each their own...i just have a thing for girls in glasses...

speaking of girls' galsses, who the hell told ron mizutani that the specs he now wears were made for men? he's a fine anchor, to be sure, but those glasses are so femme!
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

ooops, you're right...you'd think i'd have gotten that right, considering watching lum's newscasts is part of my job...at any rate, to each their own...i just have a thing for girls in glasses...

speaking of girls' galsses, who the hell told ron mizutani that the specs he now wears were made for men? he's a fine anchor, to be sure, but those glasses are so femme!

Maybe he's confident in his sexuality, DUDE. @ Sideburns!!!! @;~P hahahaha.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
            Maybe he's confident in his sexuality, DUDE. @ Sideburns!!!! @;~P hahahaha.
            hah! sexuality has nothing to do with it, lady...clearly, somebody lied to ron about those glasses...and as far as my sideburns go, they went the way of the dodo at my sainted mother's behest when the fam-damily went up to san francisco for the phillies series...
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

hah! sexuality has nothing to do with it, lady...clearly, somebody lied to ron about those glasses...and as far as my sideburns go, they went the way of the dodo at my sainted mother's behest when the fam-damily went up to san francisco for the phillies series...
              No WAY! How will I ever recognize you???? @
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                No WAY! How will I ever recognize you???? @
                i dunno...my rakish good looks? my charm? my wit? my intravenous solution bag?
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

I want to revise this thread. I want to say that I think Dan Nakaso at The Advertiser is a great reporter. If a bomb goes off at the airport or there's a fire at Arcadia, city desk doesn't call up an investigative reporter unless they are desperate. Dan was first hired as City Editor back in the late 80s. He was my city editor and taught me a lot. I always enjoy reading his stories, business or breaking--because he does them well. Maybe he does it well because he's been on both sides of the desk and edits himself as he writes. Whatever the case, a byline by Dan should mean a well-written and thought-out story.

My next favorite is Mike Gordon who has us all asking "So where's Peter Boy?"

I have other favorites, but it starts to read like a list of people I'd invite to a party.

Suffice it to say...
                  A town's best reporter is one who can think fast and write fast and meet deadline without submitting swiss cheese.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                  X