The CW in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The CW in Hawaii

Kalihiboy, I checked WWE.com website and looked for the station listing for Hawaii and it show no one is carrying it at the present time here. No wonder KIKU moved the 9:00 pm Japanese NOAH wrestling from Saturday evenings to Friday nights. It was the lead in show to Smackdown until Smackdown went to wrestling Heaven LOL. I miss seeing Batista and the new ongoing "feud" with Rey Misterio and Chavo Guerrero. It was starting to get interesting. I hope someone will pick up the program soon. Aloha, BigD

Comment

Calling all Hawaii CW fans to arms. I created a web site to address this serious failure on the parts of our cable provider and affiliates. Check it out.

http://www.hawaiiwantscw.com

Please post your thoughts. Maybe if we get a big enough out cry, we can get them to stop dragging their feet.

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=5032

The upstart network CW has landed a Hawaii affiliate, on a digital, multicast channel of KHON.

“We’ve signed a long-term affiliation agreement with the Fox station,” said Elizabeth Tumulty, vice president of distribution for the CW. “They will put us up on their digital station, which is a brand new digital station.”

To roll out the launch, KHON-TV will air several CW shows as part of its regular broadcast lineup. “The Gilmore Girls” and “Veronica Mars” will air tomorrow night beginning at 7 p.m., and will air “America’s Next Top Model” and “One Tree Hill” Wednesday night, also beginning at 7 p.m.
        This just made my day.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          I wonder if the next snag is the negotiations between Oceanic Time Warner
          and KHON for that additional channel space. Neither party can agree on a carriage agreement to carry FOX HDTV (and the same goes with KGMB (CBS)).
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

I don't know about KHON's digital channel, but KGMB already has one (87) on Oceanic's digital service.

Comment

The upstart network CW has landed a Hawaii affiliate, on a digital, multicast channel of KHON.

“We’ve signed a long-term affiliation agreement with the Fox station,” said Elizabeth Tumulty, senior vice president of distribution for the CW. “They will put us up on their digital station, which is a brand new digital station.”

To roll out the launch, KHON-TV will air several CW shows as part of its regular broadcast lineup. “The Gilmore Girls” and “Veronica Mars” will air tomorrow night beginning at 7 p.m., and will air “America’s Next Top Model” and “One Tree Hill” Wednesday night, also beginning at 7 p.m.

Subsequent CW shows will air only on KHON’s secondary digital channel, for which the station is seeking a channel assignment with Oceanic Time Warner Cable.
              Gee....didn't someone here suggest this exact thing about a month ago.

Comment

link

"All of the CW's regularly scheduled programs will premiere on KHON's digital channel, or KHON-DT, beginning at 3 p.m. on Monday.

A channel assignment with Oceanic Time Warner Cable is pending, according to KHON President and General Manager Joe McNamara. Officials at Oceanic did not respond to Star-Bulletin inquiries by press time.

"We assume they'll find a position for us, by the time we get to Monday," McNamara said. Time Warner "has cleared the CW in every market that I know of," either on the digital tier or the analog tier, which is something McNamara would eventually like to see for Hawaii."
                The Kona Blog

Comment

I know they're just starting out, but do you think KHON-DT will have a newscast like KFVE?
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

It was great catching up on my CW shows last week -- does anyone know if the CW's received their channel assignment yet?
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

link

"McNamara said his station offered Oceanic KHON in HD in exchange for Oceanic adding the new CW Network. The new channel, which is called Hawaii's CW, gives KHON broader market exposure and cross-promotional opportunities, McNamara said.

The CW Network's prime-time lineup includes "America's Top Model," "Smallville" and "All of Us." KHON plans to also offer Hawai'i-originated programming on the new network, McNamara said. McNamara and Oceanic's Santos said yesterday they are not sure whether the CW Network would be available as part of Oceanic's basic or digital cable channel package."
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Oceanic's counter-proposal and additional explanation in tomorrow's Bulletin biz section.

Grr.

I'm a bit frustrated that my calls of last week went unreturned, at least, in time for something earlier than tomorrow.
                        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
                          Grr. I'm a bit frustrated that my calls of last week went unreturned, at least, in time for something earlier than tomorrow.
                          We are talking about Oceanic Cable here, aren’t we? I’m assuming you mean frustrated, but not surprised.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                            link

"McNamara said his station offered Oceanic KHON in HD in exchange for Oceanic adding the new CW Network. The new channel, which is called Hawaii's CW, gives KHON broader market exposure and cross-promotional opportunities, McNamara said.

The CW Network's prime-time lineup includes "America's Top Model," "Smallville" and "All of Us." KHON plans to also offer Hawai'i-originated programming on the new network, McNamara said. McNamara and Oceanic's Santos said yesterday they are not sure whether the CW Network would be available as part of Oceanic's basic or digital cable channel package."
                            You know that at some point, I may ask for compensation from both KHON and Oceanic since they have stolen my ideas.

Comment

CW TV Mostly MIA in Hawaii

Monday's debut of the CW Network in Hawaii was available to far fewer residents than hoped.

Only those able to tune in to KHON-TV's secondary digital channel, known as KHON-DT, over the air, would have been able to watch the upstart network's shows.

Estimates of that audience range from fewer than 2,000 to as many as 6,600 on Oahu, according to Honolulu television and cable executives.

One delay in getting the CW to most households is the lack of a carriage agreement between KHON and Oceanic Time Warner Cable.
                              Analog cable customers like me who don't want to pay additional costs for digital cable will be left out in the cold even if Oceanic and KHON reach an agreement on carriage.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

it's november 6 and still no word what channel CW is on Oceanic...

Comment

Working...
                                X