KGMB TV to Start Morning News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB TV to Start Morning News

KGMB TV is planning to start a new morning local news show and is looking for personnel to fill several positions.

Details at the following link:

KGMB-TV to add a morning news show

Hawaii's CBS affiliate is planning a morning news show, and has begun recruiting on-air and off-air personnel to staff it.

The station has no firm start date, but has purchased new equipment and is exploring set designs, according to Rick Blangiardi, senior vice president and general manager.
    OHA was still in the picture on the upcoming ownership change...

Separately, the Office of Hawaiian Affairs late Tuesday terminated negotiations to buy the land under the station's Kapiolani Boulevard studios. The OHA Board of Trustees last year voted down a trustee's proposal to buy both the station and the land.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: KGMB TV to Start Morning News

not sure if it's a good $$$ decision, but good to see tv people getting work.

do you guys remember the old kgmb morning show with granny goose? it was definitely outside the box. btw, the story says it was taken off the air in 1996. if i'm not mistaken, i think it began in 1996.
    Always check and double check

Comment

Originally posted by Video Guy View Post
      not sure if it's a good $$$ decision, but good to see tv people getting work.

do you guys remember the old kgmb morning show with granny goose? it was definitely outside the box. btw, the story says it was taken off the air in 1996. if i'm not mistaken, i think it began in 1996.
      I believe it was called "a.m. hawaii" I think? With granny goose, angela keen, and some wacky weather guy... I forgot what's his name...

Comment

Anyone remember when Rick Blangiardi used to cover UH football games with Jim Leahy on KGMB. I also remember him doing car ads for I think Aloha Motors 30 years ago. He was one of Larry Price's first recruits for UH football I think.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
          I believe it was called "a.m. hawaii" I think? With granny goose, angela keen, and some wacky weather guy... I forgot what's his name...
          Tiny "Nitro" Tadani?

Guy (pronounced "Gi")?

Dan Cook?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
            John Parisi.

Comment

something about parisi, he reminded me of some car salesman, but he really knew his stuff. i think he was a long time mainland guy who "settled" in hawaii-or something like that.

whatever happened to him?

Comment

His name is John Parisi. He also reminded me of a used car salesman. I must admit, he was very knowledgable about island weather and knew how to pronounce Hawaiian place names correctly.

I think that Stacy Loe deserves to be promote from weekend anchor to morning slot. If I am not mistaken, Stacy has been anchoring the weekend news since 2000, when she was teamed up with Dave Carlin, who left the station in 2001.

What do you think KGMB will call their morning news program?

Comment

Stacy Loe is a mom with a toddler or early school-aged little one, so I don't know if she wants a morning slot! Don't know her, either, but you could be right and she could be ripe for a new view on the news. She's sharp and is a good reporter.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Didnt Emme Tomimbang co-host the morning new years ago too?

KalihiBoy

Comment

whoa. Its getting crowded again.

I hope they can bring something different to the party.

Now, KFVE will have their morning show at 4am.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        Stacy Loe is a mom with a toddler or early school-aged little one, so I don't know if she wants a morning slot! Don't know her, either, but you could be right and she could be ripe for a new view on the news. She's sharp and is a good reporter.
                        IIRC she did host the KGMB morning news before the Granny Goose experiment.

But you're right about this... Stacy is definitely deserving of a promotion!

Comment

i guess i kinda knew some people involved with am hawaii.

if my memory serves. i think the original team was granny, parisi and angela keen. then tiffany spencer replaced keen. then stacey loe replaced her. then john geldmeir (sp?) replaced parisi. this was definitely an interesting morning experience as granny had his regular non-conventional guests, including collector garrett chan and car guy george nitta.

then when they went to morning news format, i think it started tim tindall and sandra sagisi . don't remember much after that. that could've been the end.

ok, i was part of the circus in the control room. so this odd, short-lived adventure is hard to forget.

Comment

According to The Sacramento Bee, KCRA morning reporter Grace Lee is headed back to KGMB.

The scoop. Copy/paste the following site if you don't wish to register:
                            Code:
                            www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/ticket/archives/006501.html
                            If I'm reading the story right, it seems like she's in line to anchor the new morning program. I vaguely remember her the first time she was at KGMB, though.

And I agree, I believe Stacy Loe's quite deserving of a promotion. I think if she wanted an anchor slot on the morning show, she'd have no problem getting it but with being a mother and all...
                            Last edited by l14dap; May 4, 2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Tim Tindall worked at both KITV and KGMB?

Has anyone locally worked at all the stations before? Dash has worked at KHON and KHNL I think. Joe Moore KGMB/KHON. Gary Sprinkle at KGMB/KITV.

I remember Grace Lee.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                              X