• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KGMB TV to Start Morning News

Erika's latest article on KGMB morning show:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/07/17/business/engle.html

-------

Building a morning show, brick by brick

IT may swirl around town that KGMB-TV sports reporter and weekend anchor Steve Uyehara is leaving sports for the station's planned morning show, news of which broke in these pages in April. Uyehara is a candidate, but nothing is set in stone, he told TheBuzz.

More names may be swept into the walaau vortex due to the volume and visibility of available jobs.

The last time a single Honolulu television station offered so many openings for on-camera news talent, KHNL was launching its news department. That was in 1995.

KGMB is negotiating with several candidates from among the flood of resumes, tapes and DVDs stacked in News Director Chris Archer's office.
    Moderator's note: Please see item on quoting articles.
    Last edited by mel; July 20, 2007, 07:48 AM. Reason: Quoting entire articles not allowed due to copyright issues

Comment

Sunrise On KGMB9

Now it's official: September 17 is the official start date with Grace Lee, Steve Uyehara, and Jeff Booth.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...053974862.html

Remember the good ol days of "AM Hawaii" with George Groves, Angela Keen, and John Parisi?

Comment

I'm just curious how KGMB's morning show (Sunrise on KGMB9) will do in the ratings, along with KHNL News 8 Today, Island Television News This Morning, Hawaii's Morning News (KHON). Seems to me KHON2 is going downhill right now. Any predictions or thoughts on this?? Do you think KGMB will make it to the top??

Comment

Re: Sunrise On KGMB9

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
          Remember the good ol days of "AM Hawaii" with George Groves, Angela Keen, and John Parisi?
          You mean the TV version of "Perry & Price in the Morning"?

All I remember those days is immediately switching to KHNL to see (then-single) Lee Cataluna.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
            I'm just curious how KGMB's morning show (Sunrise on KGMB9) will do in the ratings, along with KHNL News 8 Today, Island Television News This Morning, Hawaii's Morning News (KHON). Seems to me KHON2 is going downhill right now. Any predictions or thoughts on this?? Do you think KGMB will make it to the top??
            I hope it pays off for KGMB. So where will The Daily Buzz go then... not that I ever watched it. That show is way too over the top for me.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
              So where will The Daily Buzz go then... not that I ever watched it. That show is way too over the top for me.
              I dunno. I feel old when I watched The Daily Buzz.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
              X