• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Brilliant post, Paul.

If you think watching "LOST" with a crowd sounds fun, you should head down to Tropical Smoothie Cafe on Piikoi, across from Ala Moana on the west/Ewa side. Even though the store is technically closed at that hour, they've held weekly watching parties for "LOST" all season.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I watched the episode a second time today, missed the credits about Michelle Forbes being in that episode. I thought that lady from Oceanic looked familier.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

You got it, Paul. Gimme a call...you have my #. McDonalds is but an elevator ride away. Wine's in the fridge...you'll need to bring anything else.

Oh...there's even free parking!

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

oh Paul - I so wish I had that big ass screen!!!!! I'm just going to have to make do with my 27" and no cable. So, I have to squint but can still watch the show and enjoy the finale!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Ogata
    replied

I had a good laugh at the kid in the yellow t-shirt at Hurley's party who was looking right into the camera!

This episode had many great moments. But the worst part? That after another kick-ass episode in the most kick-assingest season of Lost, there is a week off. A DAMN WEEK OFF! I feel like that crackhead in Menace II Society. I want to call the producers of Lost and tell them, "Come on man, hook me up with a new episode. I got these cheeseburgers. They some double cheeseburgers!"

This now throws off my schedule and in two weeks, when the season finale airs, I will be in Hawaii.

The last time I was away and tried to watch Lost on the road, it was when "The Constant" episode aired. I ended up watching it on ABC.com on my laptop screen. Certainly not a bad set-up, but "The Constant" turned out to be ONLY THE BEST HOUR IN THE HISTORY OF FREAKING TELEVISION. It was like getting to drink a 1959 Clos des Goisses, but having to do so in a Mimosa made with orange Kool-Aid, out of a Sponge Bob plastic cup through a silly straw. I know, I cried like a bitch when Desmond phoned Penny at the end, but still.

So... here's what I need: someone who is willing to have me over at their house where we will watch the season finale of Lost.

Must haves:
    * Big-ass HDTV screen.
    * DVR or TiVo. This is a must so that we can rewind and rewatch the important killer details. Also, so that we can start watching 30 minutes later to zap through some of the commercials.
    * Quiet location.
    * Comfy chairs.

Come on. I'll bring the fish biscuits. Or these cheeseburgers. They some double cheese burgers!

I am serious.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail on tonight's episode. I liked it a lot, and how all of Season 4 is coming together. She was a little more critical. It was great to finally get the Jack and Claire reveal. And now all that remains is the two-hour finale. In two weeks.

Locations: The Oceanic 6 arrival was filmed out at Hangar 111 at Barber’s Point. Hurley’s Mansion was along Farmers Road in Kahala. Christian Shephard’s funeral was held at St. Patrick in Kaimuki.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

After 4 years, Lost finally shows a part of Oahu as itself, in this case the Kalaeloa Airport (used to be known as the Barbers Point Naval Air Station).

Multiple flashforwards of 5 the Oceanic 6 in the episode.
    1) Kate and Aaron coming to the outside world
    2) Sayid meets Naida
    3) Sun getting enough money from Oceanic to buy controlling interest in her dad's company.
    4) Hurley's birthday and the numbers appearing on the fixed up car's odometer.
    5) Jack doing a service for his dad and finally being told that Claire is his sister (I guess the mom recovered from her coma).

Leave a comment:

• NoCal Boy
    replied

What was the deal with Frank the pilot dropping the lostPhone to the castaways? It seemed like he was making a concerted effort to conceal it from Keamy before leaving the freighter, but I don't get how he could then drop it at the beach without being detected. Or for that matter, why Keamy wouldn't just make him land on the beach directly so he and his men could wipe out the whole group. If Keamy wanted Jack et al to follow them, why would Frank hide it?

Adoloescent Locke's drawing of the smoke monster shows a deeper and earlier connection with the island than ever displayed. Remember the first season he was the first to stare Smoky in the eye and we've yet to know what he saw. And was Richard's "interview" with him set up solely to infuse an inner determination within? (He told his teacher something to the effect of "Don't tell me what I can't do!" Am I imagining a similar declaration when the travel agency told him he couldn't go on walkabout because of his wheelchair?) And the fact that Abbadon pretty much packed his bag for the walkabout makes it pretty clear there was nothing random in Locke getting to the island.

And did it seem like Claire's personality had completely changed from the two or so lines she had in the cabin? She's always been kind of harpy/uptight, but there she seemed so relaxed, so "at home" while with dear old dad it was really creepy to me.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

I find it funny that Tunisia is exactly geographically 'opposite' from the area near Fiji where the plane crashed. (thank you see-thru globe!)

Leave a comment:

• LarryPrice
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Kind of weird episode but it was nice to see almost everyone in the episode, not to mention the return of Richard.

The really weird part is the dead ship's doctor. He beat getting to the island even though Sayid left first on a motor powered boat and the helicopter left about the same time he was killed.
    Yeah, distortions in the space-time continuum are funny that way...

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Kind of weird episode but it was nice to see almost everyone in the episode, not to mention the return of Richard.

The really weird part is the dead ship's doctor. He beat getting to the island even though Sayid left first on a motor powered boat and the helicopter left about the same time he was killed.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

So this flash forward of Jack is after the end of Kate's trial and is the start of Jack sliding into despair.

And from the dialogue between Jack and Kate at the end of the episode hints that Sawyer is still alive back on the island.

Too bad that Sawyer was sleeping when Claire saw Dr. Sheppard holding Aaron, figured Sawyer would have said something like "he is your daddy too?", maybe later in some future episode.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    The first portal is somewhere east of Fuji and both ends of this portal is over open water.

I also suspect that the island is on Earth but not in the South Pacific east of Fuji.
    Sorry about that, it's Fiji not Fuji.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

You didn't miss anything. Sure Eko's wasn't in the Beechcraft, his brother was in it. But still the plane can be traced back to Eko as opposed to anyone else on Oceanic 815.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Wasn't it Eko's brother's Beechcraft? Or did I miss something . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X