Clear All

Re: Howard Dicus bails

Originally posted by Random View Post
    If Ben Stein is the host.
    That's just TOO good.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Dicus View Post
      Hi, everybody. This is weird, but the most difficult part of this job change is that we're having trouble finding a new title for "PBN Friday." KGMB is allowing me to continue doing the public television show, but with its PBN association ending we need a new name for it. Got any ideas? "Antiques Roadshow" is taken. Cheers, H.
      Hi Howard!

I love your show and glad to hear its continuing. Just call it "Howard Dicus Fridays".

or even...

"Aloha Friday with Howard"

Comment

I still like: This Report Sucid

Or...LIVE FROM HONOLULU HAWAII...IT'S THE HD SHOW WITH YOUR HOST...HOWARD DICUS...FROM HIGH DEFINITION TO HOME DEPOT...HOWARD DICUS SLICES AND DICES THEM ALL WITH INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS...AND NOW FROM THE BROADCAST BOOTH IN BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN HONOLULU...IT'S HOWAAAAARD DICUS!!!!!! (Loud audience cheering EFX with blaring band music playing in the background)...fade to steel string guitar music as the mic goes live for the monologue...(Howard Dicus) Okay we'll be back after this word from one of our victims..errr sponsors! Segue to first spot block...

I'd love to produce that show!
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; July 16, 2007, 11:21 AM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Howard's Power Hour".

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I like Business Deductions, though it would force me to try to deduce something from every interview, and I don't know what I can deduce from the quarterly Pacific Handcrafters Guild segment.

Grilling isn't my strong suit; I've been rightly criticized for asking easy questions.
            You are awesome anyway Howard. keep up the good work on your new show. (while it would be nice to have a real hard hitting investigative reporter in Hawaii, somebody to ask the tough questions, you are loved and appreciated, thank you)!

Since I have come back to Hawaii, I cant help but notice some businesses have been very sucessful buying loyalties with advertising dollars.

Take for example go! Airline. PBN and KGMB seemed to be the only ones not drinking Mesa's Kool aid in Hawaii. Even your former hosts at KHON had that go! contest every day, it was disgusting!

I wonder how spun up Walgreens will get as they enter Hawaii. Mesa has a annual revenue of $245.57M while Walgreens comes in at $11,787.80M or almost 50 times larger!

Mesa's attempt at Aloha may have just been a tease of what Walgreens is going to attempt with Longs. If the media's unchecked acceptance of go! is any indication of things to come, Long's should be very worried.

Comment

Hi, everybody. This is weird, but the most difficult part of this job change is that we're having trouble finding a new title for "PBN Friday." KGMB is allowing me to continue doing the public television show, but with its PBN association ending we need a new name for it. Got any ideas? "Antiques Roadshow" is taken. Cheers, H.
              That is great you can work for both stations. KHON allowed Leslie Wilcox to work at the station doing news and work for PBS doing the "Asia Now" segments a decade ago as well.

Aj

Comment

In a sense, it's history repeating itself. Rick Blangiardi ran KHON back then (when Howard appeared under the auspices of PBN), and is now running KGMB. It's great that Howard can still do his PBS show, and his HPR stuff.

Man. Howard's everywhere!

Any progress on naming the show? "Dishing with Dicus" has a nice ring, but I'd half expect to see Howard cook (he does need a food show in his portfolio...). Something with "Aloha Friday" works, too, especially since it comes before "Howard's Day Off."

Comment

I thought Rick Blangiardi ran KHNL back then, unless you mean he was present during the affiliate switch from FOX to NBC.

I remember Rick did UH football games (being a former player himself) with Jim Leahy for many years during the 80's.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                    I thought Rick Blangiardi ran KHNL back then, unless you mean he was present during the affiliate switch from FOX to NBC.

I remember Rick did UH football games (being a former player himself) with Jim Leahy for many years during the 80's.

Aj
                    Blangiardi ran both KGMB & KHON from 2004 to 2006 when both were own by Emmis under a FCC exemption.

Comment

Working...
                    X