Reporters who look better "in person"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporters who look better "in person"

I'm sure that we all have stories about meeting TV anchors/reporters in person and thinking how they don't look so good in person without their makeup and "studio lighting." But have you met anyone who you think looks better and more attractive in person?

I'll start off with Paula Akana. Even when she started off at KITV, she always looked sort of matronly on the screen. She didn't appear hot like Tasha Kobashigawa or Diana Ako. But when I met her recently, wearing a regular blouse and shorts, wow, is all I can say. And she's aged very well, which is something that cannot be said for some of her colleagues, who shall remain nameless.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Reporters who look better "in person"

We discussed Reporters and how they look like here:
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ight=reporters

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Well, that's one chapter in a multi-chapter Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters thread, and a closed one at that. We're up to "Book 3" now.

A more directly comparable thread could be Station with the best looking females (or males to women here).

Comment

I look best on the radio
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Well, that's one chapter in a multi-chapter Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters thread, and a closed one at that. We're up to "Book 3" now.

A more directly comparable thread could be Station with the best looking females (or males to women here).
          The threads you cited has posts that compare reporters to each other, or talks about which ones are the prettiest, sexiest, etc. I think my question is quite different. Which reporters who may look okay/so-so on screen, but when you see them in person, it's like WOAH!
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            I look best on the radio
            Heh. Burl, you looked OK back at Hawaii Pacific in the 70s; has something happened?
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I forgot her first name... Baraquio, when she first started news reporting. She was covering something in Downtown Honolulu. She was drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at her.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                I forgot her first name... Baraquio, when she first started news reporting. She was covering something in Downtown Honolulu. She was drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at her.
                You mean former KHON reporter/morning anchor Bernadette Barquio? I saw her a long time ago at Ala Moana Center doing a report there. She does look better in person.

Comment

I guess I'd be curious about the converse. Does the question suggest that a lot of reporters look worse in person? I suppose they look less coiffed and groomed, and more regular and real... but I'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone who doesn't look better in person.

I keep hoping that Tammy Mori looks like a regular person in real life. The way she presents on camera is somewhat distressing!

Comment

but I'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone who doesn't look better in person.
                    Well, I'm thinking that lighting and SD resolution TV can hide those beginning signs of aging.....

Which brings up the question, will some reporters end up retiring because they don't look good in HD? Or perhaps retiring sooner then they would otherwise?

Comment

IMO Tanya Joaquin is much better looking in person. Tasha isnt on the air anymore but Tanya smoked Tasha anyway. Sorry Tasha!

Comment

I guess I'd be curious about the converse. Does the question suggest that a lot of reporters look worse in person? I suppose they look less coiffed and groomed, and more regular and real... but I'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone who doesn't look better in person.

I keep hoping that Tammy Mori looks like a regular person in real life. The way she presents on camera is somewhat distressing!
                        I saw her once, and she was wearing an awful lot of make up. I don't think she's distressing in person or on camera though.

Comment

Denby Fawcett really does look better in person. I don't know what it is about on camera, but in person she's actually quite elegant.

Comment

Denby's great
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Although she's officially a weatherperson, Shari looks much better in person. Maybe they're using compact flourescents all around at KITV.

And FM, if you ever spied Paula on a certain UH J-school video shown in Bev Keever's Public Affairs Reporting class, you'd agree she raised the bar beyond where we're at today. I think those were dove shorts she was rocking.
                              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                              X