This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

At night, when Tahiti Rey performed, she brought her tribe...Yikes! Lots of people there to support.
    So Tahiti Rey performed THAT NIGHT? Oh, I didn't realize that! I would have totally come back for that!! I thought you meant when she sang the first time. I just checked the website and saw that her appearance airs next Wednesday. I'll be watching FOR SURE!

Hope you got enough folks to read today.

I watched last night's show with Jon Lovitz (loved him on 'A league of their own') and Brett Wagner. What's with Andy not knowing the name of the Sundance festival - he kept calling it "sunset" - and I don't THINK he was joking! I was waiting for Brett to point out that Robert Redford started the festival and his character was "The Sundance Kid" not the SUNSET kid!

Too bad there wasn't time during the credits to show more of the short film Chief - but the one second they did show was GREAT!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
      [...]Too bad there wasn't time during the credits to show more of the short film Chief - but the one second they did show was GREAT!
      I don't know the exact rule but the length of the very short clip that was shown might have to do with film festival rules, esp. HIFF. That was just a tiny bit of the tattau scene. <shiver!>

Comment

• Re: &quot;Night Time&quot; with Andy Bumatai

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
        So Tahiti Rey performed THAT NIGHT? Oh, I didn't realize that! I would have totally come back for that!! I thought you meant when she sang the first time. I just checked the website and saw that her appearance airs next Wednesday. I'll be watching FOR SURE!

Hope you got enough folks to read today.

I watched last night's show with Jon Lovitz (loved him on 'A league of their own') and Brett Wagner. What's with Andy not knowing the name of the Sundance festival - he kept calling it "sunset" - and I don't THINK he was joking! I was waiting for Brett to point out that Robert Redford started the festival and his character was "The Sundance Kid" not the SUNSET kid!

Too bad there wasn't time during the credits to show more of the short film Chief - but the one second they did show was GREAT!
        It was actually Tahiti's 2nd appearance. She has a 2 segment deal on the show. As for Andy being stuck on "sunset"...prior to the taping, I know he was thinking "sundance"...but ah....call it brain farting. It actually was funny when Jon Lovitz pointing that out.

If you go to;

http://www.chief-movie.com

You can play the trailer. Quicktime 7 required. This trailer is a partial trailer to what we had on hand. Certainly better than the <15 second plug at the end of the show (ran out of time).
        http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

It was actually Tahiti's 2nd appearance. She has a 2 segment deal on the show.
          Yes, I saw her the first time she was on and became an instant fan! I'm sure her performance for Wednesday's show will be just as good!

As for Andy being stuck on "sunset"...prior to the taping, I know he was thinking "sundance"...but ah....call it brain farting. It actually was funny when Jon Lovitz pointing that out.
          Yes, he did say that he was confusing the Sundance Film Festival with 'Sunset on the Beach' - hahaha...
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv

Ok folks, I almost have the new site running 100%....There's a few pages here and there that are "under construction". I'll have those in place in a few days.

Tahiti Rey's performance is on You Tube...but it's missing Part #2..something broke when I was exporting the show from the timeline. It's being fixed by Kyle Tubania right now, and I should have that missing segment online later tonight.

Japanese Rock Band, "Bari Bari 13" will be back Monday along with their "harem" the Cherry Blossom Caberet. These guys were pretty cool, and believe it or not, the most requested act for a return.

The new guest list is posted for 2/4...that's subject to change as we're confirming guests. If you're coming, flag me down for a picture and I'll put you in the "Webmaster's STill Pics of the Week" section of the website.

ER
            http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Hey Folks, Killer line-up for THIS coming MONDAY 2/11.

Cmon' down and join us!!

Aloha,

ER

Comment

I like the new site so much better than the old one, ER. Nice job! Loved reading some of the biographies. Matt L. will always be just a kid to me. Whatta shock to see his kid, who I remember from baby days! I emailed Teri S. as she may have gone to school with a family member of mine. Once again, 6 degrees have been whittled down to 2 degrees!

Comment

So...ER...did you submit that photo of Don Stroud and Matt Locey to KHNL?

BTW, is the show taping on Feb. 18?

ps...Teri and my relative mentioned in the post above did, in fact, go to school together in SoCal. Amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I like the new site so much better than the old one, ER. Nice job! Loved reading some of the biographies. Matt L. will always be just a kid to me. Whatta shock to see his kid, who I remember from baby days! I emailed Teri S. as she may have gone to school with a family member of mine. Once again, 6 degrees have been whittled down to 2 degrees!
                    Thanks TuTuSue!! Yep Yep...I got the go ahead to go full blast. The site was done in record time. Phew!! I'm huffing and puffing here.

Smallworld you say???

Comment

So...ER...did you submit that photo of Don Stroud and Matt Locey to KHNL?

BTW, is the show taping on Feb. 18?

ps...Teri and my relative mentioned in the post above did, in fact, go to school together in SoCal. Amazing!!!
                      Nada on DS & ML...unless someone lifted the pictures from me.

YEP...taping on 2/18...I'll get a prelminary schedule on Wednesday/Thursday.

OK...Smallword = Smallworld...they hooked up...you're family

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
                        Nada on DS & ML...unless someone lifted the pictures from me.
                        Don't think so, ER. My guess is if you took that photo and previewed it you woulda deleted it in a heartbeat!
                        YEP...taping on 2/18...I'll get a prelminary schedule on Wednesday/Thursday.
                        Cool!
                        OK...Smallword = Smallworld...they hooked up...you're family
                        Not yet. Soon, I hope.

Comment

Ok. Folks...

We are WORKING on President's Day

...and I'll be coming from the Great Aloha Run...after running

cr$p... that's a 20+ hour day

Oh, well... KAPENA is in the house!! Check out the website for the list of guests. The list should be pretty much stable;

Featured band of this week is Bari Bari 13.

ER

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
                            [...]
                            cr$p... that's a 20+ hour day
                            [...]
                            Heh! Welcome to show biz where we're just getting up to speed at the 10 hour mark.

Eldest spawn and I will try to get there before I take her to the airport. We have mainland greetings to pass along to Teri.

Comment

Heh! Welcome to show biz where we're just getting up to speed at the 10 hour mark.

Eldest spawn and I will try to get there before I take her to the airport. We have mainland greetings to pass along to Teri.
                              Spawned? I'm thinking "Alien" already Cool...if you see me sleeping, wake me up please...

Comment

Hey Folks,

I've updated the "NightTime" website. Kapena is the "Featured Performance". Kelly Boy passed the song down to his daughter Kalena. It's a smooth tune.

Next Friday, it's going to be a toss up between Pilioha and Greenwood. I haven't figured it out yet.

Coming this Monday, we have Barack Obama's sister Maya Ng, The Beatboys, The Cherry Blossom Cabaret, and the Pacific Roller Derby Queens. I made an attempt to get Tommy Davidson, but the dude flies out Monday morning....bummer.

Anyway, please checkout the NightTime website for more info, and pictures...See if you can find Tutusue and her eldest spawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X