This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Anyone know what the ratings are like for this show? It would seem based on the posts in recent weeks that only a few people here watch it.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Anyone know what the ratings are like for this show? It would seem based on the posts in recent weeks that only a few people here watch it.
      Ahem...People do watch the show...the users/members here have simply run out of complaints. To assume that the lack of posts here on Hawaii Threads dictate the viewership of the show...is NOT a good measuring tool. Ratings come out after February.
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Change up on the line-up for Monday 3/3. Maya bailed, so we're looking for backup. Bummer.
        http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

You should get Carey Hart (MotorX champ and co-owner of Hart & Huntington Tattoo Hawaii, also soon to be ex-husband of Pink) - I know he's in town this weekend - dunno if he'll still be here on Monday though...
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
            You should get Carey Hart (MotorX champ and co-owner of Hart & Huntington Tattoo Hawaii, also soon to be ex-husband of Pink) - I know he's in town this weekend - dunno if he'll still be here on Monday though...
            We've got Maya's spot filled 10 minutes ago, and waiting for a few others to confirm. I'll give it a few hours before hounding down Carey Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
              Ahem...People do watch the show...the users/members here have simply run out of complaints.
              No complaints here, except that I wish I had the time to come see a taping or two.
              I always catch the 9pm news on K5 then usually keep it on for Andy while I do a last check online, unless I'm too tired to stay awake. (I usually get up around 5am; sometimes earlier.)
              Hope to meet ya there sometime, ER.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                No complaints here, except that I wish I had the time to come see a taping or two.
                I always catch the 9pm news on K5 then usually keep it on for Andy while I do a last check online, unless I'm too tired to stay awake. (I usually get up around 5am; sometimes earlier.)
                Hope to meet ya there sometime, ER.
                Kewl...hey...what do you have in your time capsule goodie bag? Anything good to use on the show.... Actually, I was thinking about you doing a show and tell of shows of the past (hopefully, of some footage). It's an idea that I toss in the pot of other ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
                  Ahem...People do watch the show...the users/members here have simply run out of complaints. To assume that the lack of posts here on Hawaii Threads dictate the viewership of the show...is NOT a good measuring tool. Ratings come out after February.
                  Actually what I am getting at is that some of your posts seem to be more of a promotional nature than discussion. To me that gets tiring.

Certainly the lack of posts on HT other than you and Tutusue does not indicate viewership, but since I asked the question, I'd like to know what the Nielsen Ratings for this show are. Is it enough to keep it at the same time slot and channel? Has the audience grown or shrunk?

I recall that there were plans for this program to launch to a larger national audience in syndication. Has that happened or is it still in the works?
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

[...]To me that gets tiring.[...]
                    That's kinda the down side to being a moderator. Ya gotta read threads and posts you'd rather ignore. It just comes with the turf.

Comment

Actually what I am getting at is that some of your posts seem to be more of a promotional nature than discussion. To me that gets tiring.

Certainly the lack of posts on HT other than you and Tutusue does not indicate viewership, but since I asked the question, I'd like to know what the Nielsen Ratings for this show are. Is it enough to keep it at the same time slot and channel? Has the audience grown or shrunk?

I recall that there were plans for this program to launch to a larger national audience in syndication. Has that happened or is it still in the works?
                      I think Tutusue nailed it in her response..."comes with the turf". Frankly, you have to toss the bait in for fish to bite. Meaning, I provide first hand material that the general public doesn't know until the show actually airs. Technical, speculative, recaps, and a heads up on new guests, all fall within this discussion topic. Wouldn't you like to know what's happening behind the scenes from a pretty reliable source? (ME?) Granted that things change, but you can't get any closer than to being Andy.

To answer your questions...

- Ratings...not out yet. Give a few more weeks for public release
                      - Time slot & Channel...will never move...the time slot is perfect because it precedes the news on other local channels where they are running reruns of reruns. It's a fresh alternative to a show that you may have already watched a gazillion times. Joe Moore and the crew at the KHON watch it faithfully, except the last 5 minutes.
                      - Size of audience. TV-wait for ratings, on set-sometimes we have 1 person, and then other times we have 50+...depends on the guest, the time, the weather, peoples moods, the alignment of the stars...whatever
                      - Syndication...that's the goal and is the plan. No show here in Hawaii has done it...yes we want that. It's going to take time, $$$$$$$$$$$, and a whole bunch of other intangibles that will make it happen. "NightTime" is on in 30 states via IPTV, we have almost 50 complete episodes on You Tube. The website gets hit several thousand times per day. The numbers keep rising. I can only tell you that the show is getting exposure every day and syndication doesn't happen over night...that's the grand plan and we are sticking to it.
                      Last edited by Exhaulted_Ruler; March 1, 2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Nancy Kwan!

April 7th at 1pm

Comment

Another promotional post. Perhaps a move to "for sale" or "announcements" may be in order here.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Another promotional post. Perhaps a move to "for sale" or "announcements" may be in order here.
                            There's nothing for sale as there is no charge for tickets to the show. Heck...there aren't even any tickets. Just. Show. Up. Perhaps you can move any announcements in this thread to the appropriate forum and discussion of the show, itself, can continue in this thread. In life's big picture it just ain't no beeg ting either way.

And, no, I have absolutely no affiliation with the show. I just want to see it succeed.

Comment

IMO, the objective of ER's posts are to hype the program which (for him) brings in more viewers and ad revenue to his employer. So in a way it is like selling because the hype comes from an insider. He has something to "sell" here, which probably should be posted in the "announcements" section at the least.

I am hoping that the focus of the posts move to discussion and comment about the show's content, production and guests in a non-promotional way.

And yes, Tutusue, I know you are not involved with this program. Fan comment one way or another is good.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

IMO, the objective of ER's posts are to hype the program which (for him) brings in more viewers and ad revenue to his employer. So in a way it is like selling because the hype comes from an insider. He has something to "sell" here, which probably should be posted in the "announcements" section at the least.

I am hoping that the focus of the posts move to discussion and comment about the show's content, production and guests in a non-promotional way.

And yes, Tutusue, I know you are not involved with this program. Fan comment one way or another is good.
                                Well, the other option is to not post anything news-worthy. I'm a big Nancy Kwan fan, and felt that it was appropriate to drop her name here for people to discuss.

As I've mentioned before you gotta put the bait in the water for people to bite. Frankly, I'm not selling anything, as Tutusue mentioned, the show is FREE. Up to you folks if you want to come.

She'll be here for 1 week and will be doing a few other things with the Chinese Chamber of Commerce.

Hey Mel...perhaps not too tight on the reigns, it's discouraging when I bring you news that you don't even know, and then get thwarted with dogma.

I guess you don't want to hear about Coach Greg McMackin either.

Geez.

PS...I've also taken on another hat...that of being Webmaster, Photographer, and will be the incoming Talent Coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                                X