X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwidiva
    replied
    Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Loved Ilona Irvine on last night's show! Sorry PRINCESS Ilona Irvine. She put out the wrong date for the Jammin' Hawaiians show - it's April 12 not 15 but oh well, I already got my tickets...

Hey ER, how come the show doesn't replay anymore? Didn't it used to play again at 11ish? I was watching George Michael on Eli Stone and just happened to turn it over in the middle of Princess Ilona's number. I was gonna DVR the replay but no more replay!

No worries, I know you'll put her song on You Tube but I wanted to have it on my DVR too!!

Leave a comment:

• Exhaulted_Ruler
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I like girls in lingerie. But the Andy dreaming bit is too blatant a rip-off of Letterman.

I mean, what's next? A local-style Top 10 list?

OBTW, warn me ahead of time if you're featuring half-nekkid men so I won't watch ... but tutusue will.
    Oh cmon'. take it for what it's worth...you got to see half naked chicks right? And if a local-style Top 10 list comes along...Lucky us. I'll stick a few half naked chicks in there just for you.

Steve Kalnasy from Hawaiian Chopper Magazine will bring Chica to this Monday's taping...JUST FOR YOU!! Howz that for being thoughtful.

...oh, and Andy will do another dream sequence where he is riding the chopper, and along the way, he'll do a top 10 countdown on favorite ABC stores that he sees in Waikiki.

Hopefully, you understand that I'm kidding.

Speaking of dreams, we're having the Dream Doctor Paul Unkrur on Monday. So if any of you want to have your dream analyzed, shoot me a PM no later than 5pm today, and I'll make sure he gets it. I'm accepting only 10.

Also, "SUNWAY" will guest host at our 7pm taping.

ER

Leave a comment:

• Exhaulted_Ruler
    replied

Originally posted by Spacechaser View Post
    Oh Exalted one...how come no updates to your website on NightTime?
    Well so much going on, it's hard to update http://www.superman808.com

It takes 2 full days to get the new pics in place, the schedule, the lineup of guests, the video...blah blah blah...
    http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Because it's not a cable show, you'll have to settle with the top half.
    No complaints!

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Depends on which half is nekkid!
    Because it's not a cable show, you'll have to settle with the top half.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

[...]OBTW, warn me ahead of time if you're featuring half-nekkid men so I won't watch ... but tutusue will.
    Depends on which half is nekkid!

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
    Bummer...I liked it...actually got a bunch of close-ups with the girls.
    Don't get me wrong. I like girls in lingerie. But the Andy dreaming bit is too blatant a rip-off of Letterman.

I mean, what's next? A local-style Top 10 list?

OBTW, warn me ahead of time if you're featuring half-nekkid men so I won't watch ... but tutusue will.

Leave a comment:

• Spacechaser
    replied

Oh Exalted one...how come no updates to your website on NightTime?

Leave a comment:

• Exhaulted_Ruler
    replied

FWIW, I like tonight's (3/21) episode. My only gripe not enough models, too much Bumatai in robe.

I don't care much for the Letterman-like dreaming sequence.
    Bummer...I liked it...actually got a bunch of close-ups with the girls.

I'm getting you a few girls from the Cherry Blossom Cabaret...they're appearing in our Fate Yanagi segment airing April Fools Day.

FYI...for those that caught tonight's episode...I made my "NightTime" debut. I'm uploading the episode on You Tube as I write. Should be ready by breakfast.

Oh yeah...Thanks to Kimo for gracing the audience...I got a picture of him and the original Fate Yanagi; Gayln Kong Akaka. AND Coach Mack made it to our show...that was cool...and I got the inside connection...WOOHOO!

We're gearing up for Nancy Kwan. I've made an attempt to get Kathryn Lee (Linda Low in the Diamond Head Theatre's production of Flower Drum Song), but she's not able to make it...instead Cathy Foy-Mahi who plays Madame Rita Liang will sing "Grand Station"...which is a song the Nancy Kwan sang in the movie.

April 7th should be a GREAT evening....Pomaikai Keawe Lyman (Aunty Genoa's Granddaughter) and Taimane Gardner will perform in 2 separate shows.

That's not to say that next week won't be all that bad. Paul Unkrur the dream doctor is coming. If you wish to have your dream analyzed, come down to the show and I'll make sure that it gets to the top of the heap.

K-den, nuff for now....Visit the website http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv Wednesday, I should have the updates ready by then.

ER

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

FWIW, I like tonight's (3/21) episode. My only gripe not enough models, too much Bumatai in robe.

I don't care much for the Letterman-like dreaming sequence.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteControl
    replied

Long time lurker...first time poster...thanks for the log-in Mel!

I'll start off by saying, much like any program, you'll like it or dislike it on personal tastes - humor, style, etc.

Andy's long ago, early comedy was ground breaking and totally funny! I was also a fan as he worked the standup career on the national scene.

As for this show... Well... I find his material a bit stale. While he also gives off a feeling of trying too hard to make it work. It's almost like that pro ball player who was a real standout in his prime but those days have come and gone, just hanging on.

I'm sure the author of this topic feels different. I respect that. Just offering up another tv viewer's opinion.

At the very least giving more local production jobs isn't a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• Exhaulted_Ruler
    replied

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    A friend in L.A. used to hang out with Bernie Pock, Nancy Kwan's son. Back in the 80's I almost had a chance to meet her but it just never happened.

Bernie was doing stunt work at the time, and I used to see his credits every once in a while.

Well, a near-miss to meet a famous person!
    Opportunity arises....4/7 1pm at the Outrigger Main Showroom! I'll email her and get a press photo online soon.

Leave a comment:

• Composite 2992
    replied

A friend in L.A. used to hang out with Bernie Pock, Nancy Kwan's son. Back in the 80's I almost had a chance to meet her but it just never happened.

Bernie was doing stunt work at the time, and I used to see his credits every once in a while.

Well, a near-miss to meet a famous person!

Leave a comment:

• Exhaulted_Ruler
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    Supes!

Congratulations on your ascension to the position of Talent Coordinator! Not much longer until you are the guest host.

Is Nancy Kwan the Pearl Cream lady?
    Hey Paul...as soon as I get your skillz, that can be a possibility after i turn 50. OMG.

When you coming back to town? Give me a heads up and I'll put you on the calendar someplace.

...and Yes, NK is the Pearl Cream lady...still lookin' good.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    [...]Is Nancy Kwan the Pearl Cream lady?
    Yep!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X