This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Tonight's show had Rip Taylor as a walk in who sort of messed the place up with confetti. They showed the audience section as Rip walked in.

They even beeped out a couple of Rip's words.

Comment

Finally tuned in since the last time we viewed, and we both enjoyed it! We saw a difference in the camera work, and more of a depth in the sound. We shall be tuning in again tomorrow night. Does the show advertise upcoming guests?
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
        Does the show advertise upcoming guests?
        I don't watch KFVE all the time so I don't know other than sometimes the end of the 9pm newscast will sometimes say who is on.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          I don't watch KFVE all the time so I don't know other than sometimes the end of the 9pm newscast will sometimes say who is on.
          Thank you, possibly they'll have more of a set schedule in the future.
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Rip certainly livened things up last night. I was lol'ing a lot! If his walk on was truly a surprise then that time needed to be deducted from the other guests. Seems to me that John Berger got the short end of the time deal. I haven't seen John in quite awhile. Did my ol' tutu eyes detect a much more youthful appearance?

I was really surprised to learn that Lance Wheeler and Tricia Marciel sing so well. I audition both quite a bit and last night's appearance to promote Pajama Game was a nice surprise! Both are talented actors.

Comment

Just saw the following here:

Come on down and see a live taping of the show!

Come one come all! Be a part of the Night Time with Andy Bumatai studio audience at the Honolulu Design Center (Inspiration Furniture) on the corner of Piikoi and Kapiolani. Taping is open to the public and begins at 7pm on the following dates:

8/15 Wednesday

8/20 Monday

8/23 Thursday

8/27 Monday

8/30 Thursday

After August 30, the show will move to a permanent location at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Tropics Room to film their September shows:

September: 5, 10, 13, 17, 20, 26.

Check back for more details...
              Love the new venue. Tatt, Mrs. Tatt and I will need to walk over one night! How 'bout it, Tatt?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Is that what's it's called in the digital age? In the olden days it was called canned laughter and canned applause.
                I was thinking last night's show coulda used both...all the shows, actually! I agree with zff.
                Nah we used it when we had it on carts too. "Get the crowd loop going...we're gonna need it tonight" said the producer. We had studio applause to stadium applause carts. Now it's all button bar selections on a digital Prophet or NexGen console.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  Nah we used it when we had it on carts too. "Get the crowd loop going...we're gonna need it tonight" said the producer. We had studio applause to stadium applause carts. Now it's all button bar selections on a digital Prophet or NexGen console.
                  That's far too techie for me! I'll stick with "canned"!!!

Man, I was stunned when I heard ex-NFLer, Esera Tuaolo, sing last night. Whatta voice...chickenskin!

Comment

Just finished watching Friday's night show with Paul Ogata. Did like the hurricane references.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Just finished watching Friday's night show with Paul Ogata. Did like the hurricane references.
                      I got in and turned the tv on in time to see the last half of Paul's segment. Shoot, missed the hurricane references but what I saw was (predictably!) funny!

Comment

Does the show have a website or email to contact the producers?

Aj

Comment

If you'd like to complain about the appearance of Paul Ogata on Night Time, hit up their website.

Wish I could have seen it but I was doing a show in Hilo with Mel Cabang tonight. Oh well...

BTW, Monday's episode features a crazy lady who wrote in to make complaints about the show. She's completely bonkers and therefore thoroughly amusing. I suggest you watch on Monday. Also appearing on Monday is Andy Baldwin, the Bachelor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            Does the show have a website or email to contact the producers?

Aj
                            ntphawaii@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                              Also appearing on Monday is Andy Baldwin, the Bachelor.
                              Still? How hard it is fo' get one marriage license in Hawai'i?

You did okay on the show, though I wonder how hard it is to perform in front of the guy whose finger is on the "laughing audience" sound button.

It's a good thing, though. Had you bombed, there's a LOT of furnitures in a furniture store for ammunition. Had the show been in Shirokiya, it wouldn't be so bad. Free food would be flying at you. That or catch one free PS3 ... and maybe one HD TV.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                                Still? How hard it is fo' get one marriage license in Hawai'i?[...]
                                I heard a few days ago that Hawaii's bachelor and his betrothed, Tessa, have uncoupled, so to speak! Something about everything happening too fast and they want to take it very slow, still in love, yada, yada. The break up sounds a bit PRish to me! It'll be interesting to see how Andy addresses the subject with Andy!

Comment

Working...
                                X