This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Besides Paul as a guest, has anyone actually made it to one of the tapings? I'd like to catch one this week, before it moves to the Hilton (more convenient) but I wanted some feedback, especially thoughts on bringing our littlest soul.

I cannot remember the name of the show, but it was local, featured halaus and musicians, there was a slightly raised stage with a dark red/maroon carpet. Anyone? Anyways, my Nanny's hula studio would perform, and I remember enjoying sitting in the audience, watching the performance, the camera crew...just feeling like I was really important and part of something BIG! A good memory for me, and I'd like our children to have a similar experience...besides it's a chance to see Andy Bumatai LIVE and FREE!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
      Besides Paul as a guest, has anyone actually made it to one of the tapings? I'd like to catch one this week, before it moves to the Hilton (more convenient) but I wanted some feedback, especially thoughts on bringing our littlest soul.[...]
      It's probably best to check with the show directly to find out their policy about children.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        It's probably best to check with the show directly to find out their policy about children.
        Good point! While I'm sure Andy and company loves infants, they can be the bane of live TV tapings if they should suddenly start crying.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I cannot remember the name of the show, but it was local, featured halaus and musicians, there was a slightly raised stage with a dark red/maroon carpet. Anyone? Anyways, my Nanny's hula studio would perform, and I remember enjoying sitting in the audience, watching the performance, the camera crew...just feeling like I was really important and part of something BIG! A good memory for me, and I'd like our children to have a similar experience...besides it's a chance to see Andy Bumatai LIVE and FREE!
          Was this Jim Becker's Hawaii PM show by chance? Don Robbs did the Hawaii AM Show. Both aired on KITV early to mid 70's.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Good point! While I'm sure Andy and company loves infants, they can be the bane of live TV tapings if they should suddenly start crying.
            Well, that, and maybe the freedom to do a little adult humor when the cameras aren't rolling!

Many moons ago I worked at CBS TV City in LA. There were many shows being filmed in front of a live audience. Children under 12 weren't allowed. Not necessarily because of adult language but tapings started and stopped and could go on for hours. Kids get restless. I have no idea what the live audience rules are today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              Was this Jim Becker's Hawaii PM show by chance? Don Robbs did the Hawaii AM Show. Both aired on KITV early to mid 70's.

Aj
              This could be, I have a call into my Mom, she's vacationing on Maui right now, but I will let you know.
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Will do. Otherwise, I'll pull the "NEENZ TIME" card during one of the tappings, drag 'long my Mom, she's been enjoying the show b'tween her KDRAMAS!
                ___
                "Be god to each other."

Comment

im not feeling the love yet for this show. Kind of corny if you ask me, but it has potential. I want to see it get better and do well.

Comment

Many moons ago I worked at CBS TV City in LA. There were many shows being filmed in front of a live audience. Children under 12 weren't allowed. Not necessarily because of adult language but tapings started and stopped and could go on for hours. Kids get restless. I have no idea what the live audience rules are today.
                    Very true. I remember touring the Burbank NBC studios in Los Angeles 20 years ago or so and was so dissappointed that I couldn't attend a Johnny Carson live taping because I wasn't old enough yet, I think I had to be 16-18 years old.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                      Very true. I remember touring the Burbank NBC studios in Los Angeles 20 years ago or so and was so dissappointed that I couldn't attend a Johnny Carson live taping because I wasn't old enough yet, I think I had to be 16-18 years old.

Aj
                      I'd guess late night show tapings have different age requirements because they have greater freedom of, shall we say, subject matter!!! More adult content!

When I worked at CBS (btw, I was a receptionist; not in production) my brother was not yet 10. He absolutely loved the Red Skelton Show which taped at TV City. Since he wasn't allowed at a taping I took him to a rehearsal. Oh Lordy!!! Talk about for adults only!!! Funny stuff that could never be aired, even today! Trouble was...my brother laughed louder than anyone else and stopped Mr. Skelton in his tracks!

Comment

I have some of those CBS Red Skelton Shows, he was one of my favorites. not only a great comic, could make you laugh without saying a word which takes talent and he also was a very good painter too.

Aj

Comment

For those of you following the show and want to know more...I'm part of the behind the scenes production crew and webmaster of
                          http://www.ntphawaii.com/

Below are 2 visits to the set, and my recaps...including hundreds of pictures taken of guests and "stuff".

NightTime with Andy Bumatai - 08/15/07
                          http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187293068

NightTime with Andy Bumatai - 08/06/07
                          http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1186505099

Going into it's 3rd week of production, there is still more streamlining to do. There's no other show here in Hawaii (other than the news) that is doing a daily program....that's tons of work for the production crew.

Many of you have offered constructive criticism...AWESOME...that really helps by having a 3rd eye. Please keep all of that coming.

Currently there is NO CHARGE for being part of the audience...just come down and plant your okole, make tons of noise, and laugh real loud. A few rules to follow;
                          - cell phones MUST BE OFF
                          - to date, children welcome, however, if your child or baby is going to be potentially making noise, dropping them off at the babysitter is in order (this rule is not written, and it may change at anytime). Being that the show is located in "Ritzy" Inspiration Furniture, it's been rare that someone will bring their child(ren) inside to have a go with the $40k couch.
                          - NO FLASH photography

Taping times are 7pm-10pm. Store closes at 9pm, so if you're catching the last set, be in the store by 8:45pm.

If you like the show, write in to NTPHawaii@aol.com (Jim Bryan). He is the Producer AND Announcer for Night Time with Andy Bumatai.

Last edited by Exhaulted_Ruler; August 20, 2007, 02:07 AM. Reason: added image
                          http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post

- to date, children welcome, however, if your child or baby is going to be potentially making noise, dropping them off at the babysitter is in order (this rule is not written, and it may change at anytime). Being that the show is located in "Ritzy" Inspiration Furniture, it's been rare that someone will bring their child(ren) inside to have a go with the $40k couch.
                            - NO FLASH photography
                            Thank you for the update, and while our littlest soul is not an infant, he is an unpredictable 3 year old so I'll take the 'safe' road and keep him home...besides now that I think of it, it's after his bedtime!

And, please continue to enforce the NO FLASH photography I know that during the early episodes there was someone's flash going off!

GOOD JOB!
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

And, please continue to enforce the NO FLASH photography I know that during the early episodes there was someone's flash going off!

GOOD JOB!
                              I'll pass on the kudos. Thx

As for the Flash, it was probably a news Photographer from either the Advertiser, Star Bulletin, or Midweek.
                              http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
                                As for the Flash, it was probably a news Photographer from either the Advertiser, Star Bulletin, or Midweek.
                                Wasn't the Bulletin. We haven't been to the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X