This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

I wonder how come the ER guy doesn't post over here... I found his link from last night's show.

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1189759704

Comment

This is really starting to look like spam. But maybe that's just me.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        This is really starting to look like spam. But maybe that's just me.
        Ha!!...maybe it's the can?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacechaser View Post
          I wonder how come the ER guy doesn't post over here... I found his link from last night's show.[...]
          He does post here and has posted in this thread. Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            He does post here and has posted in this thread. Check it out!
            well...I did...but it fizzled out...something I guess about being busy.

Comment

Ooh...they have Amy Hanaialii Gilliom coming up...and Robi Kahakalau again.

Comment

ER posted his pictures, but STORY COMING SOON on last night's taped shows

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1190107005

Comment

I saw this show for the first time last night. Watched it with my parents and really enjoyed it! The only thing I didn't like about it was Andy's chair being too tall. He was looking down at guests Neil Abercrombie and Jimmy Borges.
                  Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                    I saw this show for the first time last night. Watched it with my parents and really enjoyed it! The only thing I didn't like about it was Andy's chair being too tall. He was looking down at guests Neil Abercrombie and Jimmy Borges.
                    I think it was that the guests were shorter than Andy. Neil Abercrombie stands a few inches below Andy.

Comment

I saw an episode of this show and thought it was good. I think it has potential. Also a funny show would be live from the layaway section of Wal Mart on Keeaumoku, because they don't have layaway anymore or are getting rid of it soon anyway. He could do price checks and stuff during the show. Plus, I think that layway area of the store is bigger than the set area that they have in that weird furniture store.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                        [...] Plus, I think that layway area of the store is bigger than the set area that they have in that weird furniture store.
                        The show has moved to the Tropics show room at the HHV. The larger space has allowed for a better show...imnsho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keaiwa View Post
                          Bettah if they had Augie T. or maybe even Frank DeLima hosting, since they are way funnier and quicker.

You've got to be kidding. I'll admit that Andy's production crew needs to pull it together and the writing needs help. But Andy is by far the only one of the three comedians you mention who has the level of talent and the wide-ranging appeal to pull off a talk show format.

I've seen Augie T's show on OC16. It definitely feels like he's reaching to fill his time slot. He can be funny at times, but Da Braddahs blow him out of the water when it come to sketch comedy, imho.

I've seen uncle Frank perform twice in the past two years. It was more of a nostalgia trip than anything as most of his material hasn't changed since the 80s and 90s. I felt bad for him at one small show as most of the audience were mutts like me and didn't give him much to work with for the audience participation segment.

So I'll keep watching Andy and wishing him the best. The show's sure to improve with time, I hope.
                          "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post

You've got to be kidding. I'll admit that Andy's production crew needs to pull it together and the writing needs help. But Andy is by far the only one of the three comedians you mention who has the level of talent and the wide-ranging appeal to pull off a talk show format
                            Since the show moved to the Hilton, I believe the production value increased 10 fold. By looking at the behind the scene pictures that Exalted Ruler took, the space for one is a big difference...I'm sure the Lewis crew is benefitting with tons more space to work with. ie...breathing room. That would be a justifiable factor. Plus its actually in a showroom with showlights and not furniture lights.

As for the writing, I'm taking a BIG GUESS that Andy writes his own monologue...as for everything else in the show...it's on the fly.

Oh yeah, Konishki will be on Thursday night's taping. But I'll tune in for the Ghost Tour Guy...sounds interesting.

Comment

Braddah Irwin (the Exalted Ruler / Superman) posted his recap of Andy's show.

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1190365712

Konishiki just dwarfed Andy...by 400+ pounds...WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Friends and I attended last night's tapings at the new venue at the HHV. And, yes, E_R was at the door!!! By the end of the evening he'd snapped 531 photos!

The only downer? Employee noise coming from the right rear of the room. It sounded like a sizeable group of people on a break watching a Robin Williams movie. That extraneous noise shouldn't be allowed. What's up with that racket, E_R? Andy deserves better than that.
                                Hi Tutusue,

Sorry to get back here way way late...been slammed with other work that has nothing to do with the show. Just wanted to say that it was nice to have met you and your posse.

I was surprised to have someone call me Exhaulted Ruler...that really made my day...either that or "Superman" works for me!

As for the noise "drifting" into the showroom, there's no way possible to fix that as it is an open area. However, not to fear, the noise doesn't get recorded as the microphones used on guests doesn't catch any ambient noise.

Perhaps a return to the Tropics showroom? That sorta goes out to everyone reading this. We could use more peeps in the audience. As soon as I get the word (usually in minutes) from JB, I post the schedule here;

http://www.ntphawaii.com

Thanks to Spacechaser for posting my links of Andy's tapings. It takes me a few hours to assemble on my board...cleaning up pictures, organizing them, and captioning....etc. I just run out of gas. Good to have someone else out there that is supportive. Thanks Dude!! It's a big help.

Should anyone of you make it to the show, flag me down, I'm at the front door (most times)...and you can't miss me...I'm the biggest guy there...unless you were Konishiki!

In the meantime, I'll go back to saving the planet

Ciao for now,

ER
                                http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X