Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    By the by, we are going to Saturday's concert at the Shell. That Giacchino himself will be there is a big part of it, as well as the news that the performance will be recorded every which way for inclusion on the (I presume) Season 3 DVD box set as a special feature. It'll be great to see Terry O'Quinn, now an Emmy award winner, as well as other members of the cast and crew.
    The concert is this Saturday? We'e going to McKinley's 20th HS reunion that night. Bummer. Yes, I bet several LOST castmembers will be in attendance at the concert!

Aj

Comment

There's also some kind of sporting event today?

So, anyone know offhand what the dress code would be for this thing? It's the Honolulu Symphony (dressy), but at the Shell (casual). Hmm.

Here's the mailer they sent out, by the way, just for you, TheHade.

Last edited by pzarquon; September 22, 2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

So, anyone know offhand what the dress code would be for this thing? It's the Honolulu Symphony (dressy), but at the Shell (casual). Hmm.
        I'd suggest a LOST T-shirt!
        What did you choose?
        So, how was the event?
        I read the interesting Star-Bulletin article on it but have no idea what "Messages from the Bottle" they referred to. So what did Terry O'Quinn read?
        Was the show sold out?
        Did anybody happen to find out what it was filmed for?
        I'd love to see this event on DVD!
        But I'm afraid it's too late to include it on the European / Australian versions of the season three DVD set. I wonder if this will be a "US exclusive" additional bonus feature, if it'll be released separately or saved for next year's set?

Here's the mailer they sent out, by the way, just for you, TheHade.
        Wow! Thank you very much for this great pic!!! Now I know at least how the setting of this event looks like ... beautiful!
        Man, now I wish even more I could have been there!
        Anyway, thanx a lot for your continued support, pzarquon!!!

Comment

I happened to be transiting Kailua to Hono on Pali Hiway between 2:30 and 3 this morning and noted several production trucks/trailers heading in the opposite direction toward Windward ... assume Kualoa or ThePier areas?

Comment

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=0907388.flv

does this work? it's a short video i took at the lost the symphony.... it was the most awesome experience ever!!

also-- check out ryan a.k.a. pz!!

we were OTHERS!
            life is ok sometimes

Comment

Hi Christa. Thanks very much for the link. It works.
              Nic
              http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

This is great, Christa!! Thanks for posting it. It looks/sounds like it was just incredible to be there. And you and Ryan were "others"? Details, details!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                  I happened to be transiting Kailua to Hono on Pali Hiway between 2:30 and 3 this morning and noted several production trucks/trailers heading in the opposite direction toward Windward ... assume Kualoa or ThePier areas?
                  They are filming across the highway from Heeia Kea Harbor today.

Comment

it was SO unbelievable. i got a call from someone at abc that day asking me if i could come early and wear all black because they were trying something with the show. apparently, my friend in the symphony felt bad because someone grabbed the tix he saved for me and it was the only way i was going to see the show.

it worked out SO good tho because we all got in and i saw ryan and he just happened to be wearing a black shirt so we all got to carry torches out during "the others" portion of the piece.

i watched most of the show from the side of the stage and spent the rest of the time lurking the vip party over on the side of the stage. there is a whole blog of photos. it was amazing. i talked to evangeline but felt like a douche. i get all sweaty and creepy around famous people! lol.

life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by TheHade View Post
                      I read the interesting Star-Bulletin article on it but have no idea what "Messages from the Bottle" they referred to. So what did Terry O'Quinn read?
                      Per Jorge Garcia, each of the "LOST" writers contributed one "message in a bottle" to be read, basically notes from the perspective of random survivors hoping to make contact with friends and family back home. They reminded me of the letters hidden on the old Oceanic Airlines website, but these were written just for the concert. Some funny ones, some really touching ones.
                      Was the show sold out? Did anybody happen to find out what it was filmed for? I'd love to see this event on DVD!
                      Reports were that it would be included as an "extra" on a forthcoming DVD box set of the series. I was hoping it'd be on the Season 3 DVDs due out in a few months, but someone I ran into there said it would be on the Season 4 discs. That's over a year from now!
                      Originally posted by christa View Post
                      does this work? it's a short video i took at the lost the symphony.... it was the most awesome experience ever!!
                      Cool clip! I was standing on the opposite side of the stage, so it's neat to see a different perspective. I made a short video montage of the concert as well, as well as posted a set of photos.
                      Originally posted by popoki View Post
                      And you and Ryan were "others"? Details, details!!
                      Christa had the connections. I just happened to flag her down at exactly the right moment. We were only needed for exactly twenty seconds, but it allowed us to roam backstage freely. I did go back to my seat for the second half, though, just to soak it all in. I love Giacchino's score (I'm convinced "LOST" wouldn't be a third as effective without the music), and it was good to hear it live, and to see Giacchino in person.

Comment

They were back at the YWCA tonight. Evangeline Lilly was spotted, as was another actress I didn't recognize. Look familiar to anyone?

Comment

Hi. Could the new actress in the photos be Bipasha Basu?
                          Nic
                          http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=0907388.flv
                            does this work? it's a short video i took at the lost the symphony....
                            Yes, it does work; thank you very much for sharing it.

it was the most awesome experience ever!!
                            I'm certain it was!

also-- check out ryan a.k.a. pz!!
                            we were OTHERS!
                            Wow, you even got to particiapte!

it was SO unbelievable. i got a call from someone at abc that day asking me if i could come early and wear all black
                            I knew it: Black's the colour!

because they were trying something with the show. apparently, my friend in the symphony felt bad because someone grabbed the tix he saved for me and it was the only way i was going to see the show.
                            Wow, I'm very glad something positive came out of this mishap in the end!

it worked out SO good tho because we all got in and i saw ryan and he just happened to be wearing a black shirt so we all got to carry torches out during "the others" portion of the piece.
                            This must have looked just great for the audience ...!

i watched most of the show from the side of the stage and spent the rest of the time lurking the vip party over on the side of the stage. there is a whole blog of photos.
                            Thank you very much for posting these as well: They're beautiful!

it was amazing. i talked to evangeline but felt like a douche. i get all sweaty and creepy around famous people! lol.
                            I'm sure I'd feel the same, if not more ... *roll_eyes*

Per Jorge Garcia, each of the "LOST" writers contributed one "message in a bottle" to be read, basically notes from the perspective of random survivors hoping to make contact with friends and family back home. They reminded me of the letters hidden on the old Oceanic Airlines website, but these were written just for the concert. Some funny ones, some really touching ones.
                            Thank you very much for your helpful reply to my question!

Reports were that it would be included as an "extra" on a forthcoming DVD box set of the series. I was hoping it'd be on the Season 3 DVDs due out in a few months, but someone I ran into there said it would be on the Season 4 discs. That's over a year from now!
                            Personally I'd prefer a special DVD of "The LOST Symphony" because I'd love to watch the entire event instead of only a comparatively brief edit. I mean, they could release it together with a season three soundtrack CD! What an awesome collector's edition this'd be! And we wouldn't have to wait for it so long ...
                            I hope there will be at least a report on this event in one of the up-coming issues of "LOST : The Official Magazine".
                            By the way, would anybody be so kind as to describe the programme of the event? I saw a pic of a signed copy but couldn't tell aynthing about its contents or size from that, unfortunately.

I made a short video montage of the concert as well, as well as posted a set of photos.
                            Thank you very much for these. I love the video! It was so professionally done ... are you sure you don't want to do a regular LOST vidcast?

I love Giacchino's score (I'm convinced "LOST" wouldn't be a third as effective without the music)
                            I totally agree with you. His music is just great (I wonder what he'll do with the "Star Trek" motif.)!

it was good to hear it live, and to see Giacchino in person.
                            Did anybody happen t ask him about the release of a season three soundtrack?

They were back at the YWCA tonight. Evangeline Lilly was spotted
                            Thank you very much for another great update!

as was another actress I didn't recognize. Look familiar to anyone?
                            At first I thought this was Evangeline Lilly ...

Originally posted by Nic View Post
                            Hi. Could the new actress in the photos be Bipasha Basu?
                            I don't know, she looks older and more serious than any pictures of Bipasha Basu I saw.
                            Edit: According to a reader at --The ODI -- she might be Susan Gibney. This definitely could be right in my opinion!
                            Last edited by TheHade; October 2, 2007, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Nuff sed:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...476923510.html

Comment

While on TheBus to work this morning I noticed a crowd at the State Capatiol building that had a stone like sign that said "Los Angeles", black and white looking police cars and what I thought was news vans with station id that didn't look like it came from Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                                X