X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lavagal
    replied
    Re: Amount of "newscasts" in Hawaii

stream of consciousness contributions on ht give me headaches you know where that little throb starts right above your right eyebrow no maybe your left eyebrow and then kinda twangs to the back of your ear and then all of the sudden you realize your shoulders are kinda scrunched up and you try to move your neck around a little bit to loosen it all up but then it goes crunch and then you're stuck with a sore neck for like six weeks and then you realize that you can't reach the remote control and then you want to watch the six oclock news on khon but realize that if you turn that on you might get hit between the eyes by speed mcqueen so you turn on kitv and see that the oscars are on and hey wow what beautiful gowns are on the amazingly perfect ladies and how come all the men nominated for oscars are from movies about death and dying and blowing things up and shooting at people and being really gruesome and the girlie movies are kinda fun and sweet and even juno was super cute but i guess it's really not so cute when you think it's about high school pregnancy and how hollywood is glorifying high school pregnancy and so maybe we should all just not ever go to the movies because it's not about real life and maybe we shouldn't watch the news because it is about real life but it's told to us by really beautiful people so they can't be real well maybe they are real but only for sensei well thank you for your time.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and tonight as myself and my Mom were going to watch the khon news at 6:00 Pm their was no news and I dont know what happened only i did E-mail Marisa only no response and im hoping that Khon didnt take out the khon news at 6:00?
    hi this is likanui and tonight there was no khon news at 6:OO Pm because the fox netwrok had all kind of scheduling problems because the nascar auto race kept getting delayed by rain and then the race would start and then there would be another rain delay and that kept happening all day so i think they didn't run the news at it's regular time because they still thought the race might go on again and so i thought to share my thought's with you.

Well thank's for your time
    Well your welcome for my time.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Fox Network sports programming (NASCAR race) went overtime tonight on KHON TV. I saw part of the Channel 2 news airing at the 7:00 p.m. hour.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi this is sansei and tonight as myself and my Mom were going to watch the khon news at 6:00 Pm their was no news and I dont know what happened only i did E-mail Marisa only no response and im hoping that Khon didnt take out the khon news at 6:00? I do enjoy the 6:00 Pm news after we've had our dinner.

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Maybe I'm becoming more of a local news junkie these days. I regularly watch the KGMB9 News @ 6, then switch over to KFVE News @ 6:30.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

I've decided to dig up this thread again which I started a while ago last year.

Anybody watching the recently launched 11 am (KHNL) and 6:30 pm (KFVE) news lately? I'm wondering if KHNL is actually benefiting from these new time slots and IF you think viewership will go up, down, or stay the same from here.

Leave a comment:

• Media Guy
    replied

Those in television station management refer to paid programming as "tv herion." They get paid more money for that block of time than they can sell it locally or generate through spot buys in programmng or news. It's just too good to say no!

Leave a comment:

• l14dap
    replied

I've also noticed that a lot of the stations here have A LOT of paid programming in the late morning/early afternoon hours. I guess it must be financially safer (for the station) to show infomercials than airing something in syndication.

KGMB should replace that 11am-11:30am block of paid programming with a newscast. It wouldn't intrude into the soaps.

It'd be funny if KGMB's block of infomercials DOES BETTER THAN KHNL's midday newscast!

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

Here's my take for KHNL....
    Is KHNL that desperate to put on an 11 a.m. newscast after knowing that they're last place in the morning news competition? I think the morning news will reflect how they will do on a midday newscast, ratings-wise.

I like the idea of having a midday newcast, but not with KHNL. I'd like KGMB or even KHON to have one. Yes, I know money, demographics, viewership, staff, etc. are critical factors... but again... I wish.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

Additional info on the KHNL 11 a.m. news available in Erika Engle's TheBuzz:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/05/business/engle.html

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Part of that calculation, of course, would be whether or not they would LOSE some of the soap traffic - those who are soap viewers but who may not like the "intrusion" of news into their daily routines.

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
    haha! Just when I mentioned at the start of this thread that hawaii doesn't have noon newscasts, looks like KHNL is launching one. Well, at 11 a.m. actually.

http://www.khnl.com/global/story.asp?s=7172133
    i'm actually suprised that kgmb doesn't launch a noonshow. don't they own the daytime ratings because of their soap opera programming? if so, they have the audience for it already.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

haha! Just when I mentioned at the start of this thread that hawaii doesn't have noon newscasts, looks like KHNL is launching one. Well, at 11 a.m. actually.

http://www.khnl.com/global/story.asp?s=7172133

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

I do agree that Hawaii has less "hard" news than the mainland, and that's maybe one of the reasons why we don't have all these noon and expanded evening newscasts.

As a Portland TV news viewer (BTW, I'm from Hawaii, but I attend college in Oregon), they do repeat news segments again. For example, at KGW (Portland's NBC affiliate) some of their stories at 6:00 pm come up again in their 6:30 newscast.

And, just an aside, I learned that KGW is formerly a sister station of KHNL, when KHNL was owned by Belo.

Leave a comment:

• Ninja
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    When I lived in Phoenix the KGUN and KOLD network stations in Tucson which I think are/were ABC and CBS respectively were high powered enough that you could watch them in the Phoenix market over 100 miles away.

Aj

It helps also that the Tucson stations transmit from 9000 ft. high Mt. Bigelow in the Catalina Mountains just outside of Tucson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X