X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Valenti
    replied
    Re: And so it begins

Sorry to hear about that - I just had to leave again myself - but, old Hawaii people know better than to make friends with someone until they have lived in Hawaii at least three years or more - and even then, unless they were born here nearly everyone who comes here leaves eventually. When I was a small time kid, the first thing any propective employer did was ask applicants, "How long you been living here?" If the answer was less than a year - they wouldn't get hired - too much trouble to train people who were enthralled with Hawaii at first without realizing that it takes a certain temperment - or having been born on the island - to be able to stay "on the rock."

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied
    Re: And so it begins...

aw bummer. sorry to hear

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied
    Re: And so it begins...

Awwww! Poor you.

Look on the bright side...we'll still be here, and you can pop in anytime you want.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    started a topic And so it begins

And so it begins

Tonight marked the beginning of what I'm afraid is going to be a drawn-out good-bye process. One of our good friends is having to travel for work for three weeks and won't be here when we leave. He's sort of our neighborhood hub- everyone goes over to his house to hang out. So tonight was the last time I got to walk across the street to chill over there.

I knew this was coming, but in a little over two weeks, I'm going to be back on the mainland. It didn't really seem real until tonight. I'm so thankful for all the friends I made here and all the adventures I had, but part of me is kind of sad that all I made all these awesome friends just to have them yanked away from me three months later. I'm trying to get excited about going back, but I really can't. This just sucks.
Working...
X