Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you lived away from Hawaii!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumorgan
    replied
    Re: How long have you lived away from Hawaii!

Left in 1981. Been back twice. Once in 1998, once in 2006. Too long in between.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Seven long years ...

Leave a comment:

• Pomai44
    replied

Been only six years but seems like a lifetime. Out in da boonies not many locals here, hard to find.

So I started a site that helps locals find other locals living in there area.
    take a look you might find someone you know or that lives next door.

Try Look here

Leave a comment:

• FRAGGLE ROCKER
    replied

I left Hawaii 20 years ago this coming September and spend many a late night browsing the internet for stuff about and pictures of everything from Castle Park to Rabbit Island.

Leave a comment:

• florence nunes
    replied

it's been way too long, I get homesick and want to get a plane ticket each year the tax refund check arrives! I've decided I'll probably won't get back till I win the lottory or retire. So I've decided to bring hawaii to me, and surround myself with all the music and aloha aina spirit and to live Hawaiian!
    Aloha Oe

p.s its been since 1984, when I left

Leave a comment:

• poipndr
    replied

yaka 37 years

Leave a comment:

• onocoffee
    replied

I make ten years at the end of this month. How fast time flies. So much has changed since I left. I remember the 80s when Honolulu was still like a small town - not too fancy Ala Moana, no WalMart, no Sam's, no Home Depot.

But guess I'm lucky too. I get to go home at least once a year and life is good.

Leave a comment:

• Rickyrab
    replied

26 and a quarter years, save for a couple of weeks of vacation time.

Leave a comment:

• GypsyLika
    replied

Originally posted by Palama Kid
    If you look at poipndr's input (post #59), he's been gone 37 years. Me? I been gone since '74, but if you add my four years in the Navy, it's 35 years. Now, dat's mo sad den you.

Palama Kid
    K~den I no feel so bad den. Just junk. At least us still get and will always have da Aloha in our hearts and ways.

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Originally posted by GypsyLika
    Way too dang long ~ 32 years! Am I da record holder here? Pretty sad, huh.

If you look at poipndr's input (post #59), he's been gone 37 years. Me? I been gone since '74, but if you add my four years in the Navy, it's 35 years. Now, dat's mo sad den you.

Palama Kid

Leave a comment:

• GypsyLika
    replied

Way too dang long ~ 32 years! Am I da record holder here? Pretty sad, huh.

Leave a comment:

• poipndr
    replied

left home in 68", but go home every chance i get.

Leave a comment:

• Da Duke
    replied

I lived on O'ahu for 28 years. I wanted to see what the Mainland was all about regarding success so I told myself I will go for 2 years and I will be back. Well, it is now 5 years and I am still living in Vegas. It was extremely difficult at first but I was able to adapt because of Lake Mead. I call it my "Sandy Beach". It is my only escape.
    I come home twice a year and it is very refreshing. OH, I MISS THE FOOD. I always hit Rainbows, Zippy's, Byrons, and Magoo's Pizza. Believe it or not there are 2 Longs Drugs in Henderson and they have a Hawaiian Products section. You can buy all of the Hawaiian Sun drinks, Mochi Crunch, Frozen Zippy's, Kalbi Ribs, and Mays Teriyaki Hamburger Patties(My Favorite). With the huge Hawaiian population in Vegas they say that this section produces the highest sales then any other section in Longs.
    All is good here. Landed a great job with the MGM Grand and now own 2 homes here. I do not plan to return to live in Hawaii because of the economy. I thought I would never say that in my life. I miss the beach everyday. I even have dreams of it at times. That is when I know to start planning for trip back home to visit.
    Last edited by Da Duke; September 10, 2005, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pikake
    replied

4 years and counting!

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria76
    replied

My husband and I have lived away from Hawaii for 15 years now. I am new to the boards and posted an introduction this morning. We we stationed at Schofield twice during his army career. Hawaii is the first place we lived together as husband and wife....it is HOME to us. We arrived on Oahu just a week after we were married in 1976. There is no place as beautiful as Hawaii on this entire earth and we have many happy memories to cherish. We both miss it terribly and have not been able to make it back for a visit. My husband and I dream of living there someday...oh how we dream!! He now works as a contractor at the air force base here and he is always on the internet looking for jobs on Oahu.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X