Would you move back to Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would you move back to Hawaii?

Wow, Zendik a powerful story. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing it.

Although I have a couple hundred extended family in my beloved Texas, I consider any and everyone family that is "of a kindred spirit." Your siblings are blinded by their prejudice and they lose, not so much you. You lost an apparently ugly spirit in them, but they lost YOU, so you win, but sure it's sad still.

I'm cherokee but mom married a celtic fella and I got many of my appearance traits from him. I have medium brown hair but mom's almost black eyes, can't even see I have pupils. I have to work at a tan like he did, while Mom's skin was just noticeably darker than mine even after she laid dieing of her cancer, and even the day she died I was lighter than her. I have first cousins that are much more tanned than me, but they embrace me just the same.

I have very close friends of several races and as we both feel, they really are my family.

oops, keeping on subject of this thread....I probably will not move back to the islands if and when I ever leave. I'll leave a bit of my heart here with the many friends I've made in my time here, while returning to Texas, my native land will probably be where I stay cuz most of my heart is there.

Bless you to have a large family of the people you meet and become close to. huggz~
    Last edited by Karen; July 22, 2007, 02:36 PM.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, all! Someday maybe this will all be sorted out and a happy ending will be found. The thing is that we have all seen those Maury, Oprah and Jerry shows where a long lost brother or sister is finally found and hwo happy an ending it turns out to be. I guess I was hoping for something like that but oh well....

Auntie Lynn! Thank you so much! I went on to read some of your blogs. You are a beautiful person with so much love! I see you have been to Kekais (sp) on Hotel St.? I have an old friend that works there, he is a manager, Jon-Jon. Do you know him?

Thanks Again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zendik View Post
        Auntie Lynn! Thank you so much! I went on to read some of your blogs. You are a beautiful person with so much love! I see you have been to Kekais (sp) on Hotel St.? I have an old friend that works there, he is a manager, Jon-Jon. Do you know him?

Thanks Again.....
        I know Jon-Jon many many years! In fact, I was just at Kekais the other night.heheheh My MAMA owned several businesses in Chinatown. We closed "Benny's Restaurant" couple of years ago. Hopefully, if thing goes as planned, I'll be re-opening the same place after they renovate the building. This time it will be called "Auntie Pupule's Diner"

Please PM me. It would be my pleasure to make you a part of my Ohana. I know how it feels to be hurt. Life is about giving and sharing Love and ALOHA.

(((HUGS)))

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          I know Jon-Jon many many years! In fact, I was just at Kekais the other night.heheheh My MAMA owned several businesses in Chinatown. We closed "Benny's Restaurant" couple of years ago. Hopefully, if thing goes as planned, I'll be re-opening the same place after they renovate the building. This time it will be called "Auntie Pupule's Diner"

Please PM me. It would be my pleasure to make you a part of my Ohana. I know how it feels to be hurt. Life is about giving and sharing Love and ALOHA.

(((HUGS)))

Auntie Lynn
          What a small world!! PM sent!!

Comment

What a small world!! PM sent!!
            Time Heals...Everything happens foa a reason!

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When the difference of blood come in the way of love and familly there is a great problem. I know every local person is not like this but there are some that still act this way. I want those who do to read this to realize that hearts can and will be broken beyond repair. The color of ones skin or the way they talk should never be the reason for turning ones back on another especially when blood is involved.
              Zendik, no worry. Got plenty good people. No need be blood.

Funny, but I sense that there is lots more to your story that is either unknown or left out. Its not normal for a "local" family to harbor that much animosity. There has to be something that happened between your parents and the rest.

Often times it has to do with money. Follow da kala bruddah and you shall see da light.

I see images of your parents leaving when you were 7 years old because of something terrible that happened. Something with money or something illegal. Don’t know what, but must have been bad if the anger still resonates 30 years later.

Plus, the photo looks like got Asians, Polynesians and Haoles (or at least Portagees). So it makes no sense to talk about “blood” as though thier ethnicity has something to do with the way you feel you are treated. The family in the 70s was already poi doged out.

And its not Haouli, its Haole.

Bottom line is that you try make peace. If they no like, then ladaz. No need.

I think your looking in the wrong place for the problem.

Comment

If I could afford it, I would move back in a heartbeat! I'm a haole who lived there for 18 years & although I did encounter some racisim, it was not as much as other accounts I've just read. I'm married to a born & raised local Maui boy & we have three Hapa kids, all grown now. When we first moved to the mainland that is when I had to teach my keiki about racisim for the first time ever. We all miss our island home & my Hubby still has much family there. We try to visit at least every two years if possible. We for sure would not be here if we could afford it again

Comment

I'd move back TODAY if I had the money...probably to the Big Island - Waimea side. Anybody got an extra Million sitting around so I can buy one hale?
                  So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Working...
                  X