Coming to Hawaii for a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to Hawaii for a bit

I need a break from school and my family have been begging me to make an extended visit, so I'm Oahu-bound on January 26th. I'll be living with my Aunt and Uncle in Aiea, but I plan on getting a job and being productive, and possibly even finding a short term apartment of my own. My return plane ticket is at the end of July so that I can restart school in the fall, so that's about six months that I'll be in town.

So, yeah. This isn't really an advice thread, as I've done plenty of reading and have a fair idea of what to expect. I just thought I'd share the news with everyone.
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Re: Coming to Hawaii for a bit

I look forward in meeting you at our Annual HT Picnic in April 2008!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

have a GREAT STAY, I know I sure have!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Thank you for the welcome! It's been a crazy holiday and now I get to look forward to packing and wrapping everything up here in Ohio. It'll be great to land in Hawaii and look around and know that I'm home, at least for a while.

I look forward to the HT picnic!

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
          Thank you for the welcome! It's been a crazy holiday and now I get to look forward to packing and wrapping everything up here in Ohio.
          Welcome in advance to ya from me, another Ohioan. :-)
          Don't supposed you are a Buckeye like me? (OSU grad, 2002)

Comment

Thank you AbsolutChaos! I don't go to OSU, but a friend of mine just graduated from there.

Comment

Well, I'll be heading to Hawaii in exactly two weeks, and I'm starting to get a frenzied buzzing in my ear that says "Too much to do and not enough time!"

My main obstacle right now is just dealing with all my stuff. My mother has been kind enough to store most of my things in her shed, but I've still got to pack it all up, and decide what things I am taking -- mostly clothes and a few books/cds/dvds. And then there are the sentimental things, the objects I know I don't really need and probably shouldn't bring, but I can't bear to part with them.

Then there's the fact that I'm moving to Hawaii from Ohio in the middle of very cold winter, so while I know I won't be needing heavy coats and sweaters and gloves, I can't exactly pack those away until last minute. I think I'll have to suffer a short freeze on the way to the airport rather than lugging my winter coat to the island.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                I think I'll have to suffer a short freeze on the way to the airport rather than lugging my winter coat to the island.
                You could buy a cheap winter coat at a thrift shop there, then donate it to a thrift shop here after you arrive.
                Just an idea.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, I've arrived. Unfortunately I came down with the flu the day before leaving so I'm currently wrapped up in three blankets wracked with chills and wishing I'd thought to bring a sweater or something. Good times..

Comment

Working...
                  X