Will Be new to the Island soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Be new to the Island soon

Hello all. Dec. 10 I will be there. I have never been to Hawaii before. So any advice would be great. I am seeking a job (anything is fine for now, even graveyard is is good). Also, at first I plan on renting a room or sharing a room. So any advice on where to start seeking out leads for this would be great. I am presently searching craigslist as well as monster.com.

Any places of recemendations on where to live, would be graet. Since I will have no car at first I will need to know the affordable places to live which still have adaquate access to bus routes.

I am sure I have plenty of other questions as I go along. My planned move is to Ohau, but I am open to all suggestions that can make my plan of trasition a bit easier.

I know that this move will not be easy, however it will help if I am supported with much knowledge before I get there. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vince_n; August 25, 2008, 09:56 AM. Reason: cant type as fast as i think
    Dreams are useless, unless they provide substance which is tangiable. Only I can make my dreams worth it.

Re: Will Be new to the Island soon

What kind of work are you most interested in? What fields are you trained in? I know you said "any", but if you could be just a tad more specific, we might have better advice.

If you really do want just any ol' job, don't bother searching online, just walk down the strip in Waikiki, and go work at the first hotel or restaurant that hires you. You'll be working in no time!

If you don't want to buy a car when you arrive, I would suggest living in the Honolulu/ Waikiki area. Easy to walk or bus wherever you're going. If you intend to get a car, well, go to craigslist and find the cheapest beater car possible asap, just to help you get around. Then you can re-sell it on craigslist when you find a more suitable car. Just my $0.02!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Be sure to check out the search function here on HT, and also, the local craigslist is a good resource for housing/jobs/transpo.

Welcome to HT
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by Vince_n View Post
        Since I will have no car at first I will need to know the affordable places to live which still have adaquate access to bus routes.
        That being the case one site to check out is TheBus which has the schedules and route maps in the PDF format.

Comment

Okay, I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
          X