Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Cautionary Tale

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    How horrible it must be to live in her skin.
    Said the scabies before turning tail and looking for a new prospective host.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
      Said the scabies before turning tail and looking for a new prospective host.
      eeeeeeewww...

Comment

They don't like the perpetually sour either!

Comment

This girl and my buddy had been internet pals, I think thru a mutual friend of theirs, for about 3 years of regular contact. He had never suspected that she would turn out the way she was. And so when he mentioned that his former roommate was planning to move, she asked to rent the place with him. She was soooo happy to be able to move to Hawaii and have a friend right there, and had been planning this for a long time (according to her), so he believed everything would be fine, and considered himself lucky to not have to roommate with a total stranger. I think she booked her 1 way ticket on that very same day, and had lined up job interviews for here within a few days of that.

Kayaking was her idea. It came from a list that she made after she got fired and decided not to take her other job offer. She had just openly declared her absolute hate of Hawaii, and wanted leave and go back to Colorado. She made a "list of demands"; things that she expected people to take her to, or do with her, as she was leaving within 4 days. She was so mean and demanding about 'the list', that I tried to avoid her calls (demands), but after 2 days I felt really sorry for her, so I called and asked her if she had crossed off kayaking or snorkeling yet.

She was so stoked on kayaking that I drove right over to get her, for which she promised to get me lunch. Long story short, she was totally annoying, abusive, and lazy, complained the whole time, and she didn't even bother to chip in her fair share for lunch, much less buy me the lunch that she'd promised. Then that night she complained bitterly to my buddy about the whole day's adventure.

Lets not forget, though...the first few days she was sooooooo happy to finally be 'at home' in Hawaii. Barf.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

But no clue as to what triggered her dislike of her stay here? From the base note she made constant mentioning of being hot and didn't like the idea of walking around.

Comment

I bet she thought your buddy was some rich sugah daddy.
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

This whole internet hook-up thing really baffles me. How can anyone really trust someone they've never met irl to be the person they imagine? I just don't get it. I've been on HT for 3 years now and I bet none of you ever guessed me to be a 20 year old, incarcerated male outted by Dateline!

Comment

I'm really a 6'3", blond, blue-eyed, 22 year old Scandehoovian super model.

Comment

I never use the "b***h" word to describe women, but I'm sorely tempted in this particular case. TG, your buddy is really lucky to be rid of that leech so soon. Hope his need for a good housemate gets resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      This whole internet hook-up thing really baffles me. I've been on HT for 3 years now and I bet none of you ever guessed me to be a 20 year old, incarcerated male outted by Dateline!
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TutuSue....you so funny!

And TurtleGirl, I shua wish you came to pick me up for dat wahine's last ride to the airport. I would have made it a memorable one. No hitting, all verbal...enough foa her to pee her panties.

Da nerve. People like her are NEGATIVE and LEECHES!

Always finding something wrong and wanting everything FREE. The "have not's, the wat not's, and last but not least...the nut nuts!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        Similarly, she was just pretending to paddle the whole way, and even more annoying, as soon as we got to Flat Island she wanted to leave because it 'smells like birds'!
                        I completely understand your irritation with her, but this totally cracked me up. Why would someone go to the lengths of pretending to paddle? She sounds like the type to just sit there and complain and blantantly NOT paddle.

"It smells like birds" Hee! I don't think I could even tell you what birds smell like!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I had a similar experience with a good friend who moved over few years back. After 8+ years of separation, I had grown up, he had grown into alcoholism. Turns out I broke his cranium, while racing on my sailboat, after he spit a green looch onto the upwind side of the deck. Truly a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. Lika understands. Nowadays, I hear he is homeless, panhandling on the steps of the old town library.

Hawaii just ain't for everybody. Movin here is hard as hell. And if you don't have a natural affinity for Mother Mother Ocean, then you better have an ace in the hole.

PS - I swear it was the boom that hit him.

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM !!!!
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            I had a similar experience with a good friend who moved over few years back. After 8+ years of separation, I had grown up, he had grown into alcoholism. Turns out I broke his cranium, while racing on my sailboat, after he spit a green looch onto the upwind side of the deck. Truly a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. Lika understands. Nowadays, I hear he is homeless, panhandling on the steps of the old town library.

Hawaii just ain't for everybody. Movin here is hard as hell. And if you don't have a natural affinity for Mother Mother Ocean, then you better have an ace in the hole.

PS - I swear it was the boom that hit him.

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM !!!!
                            Hmmm . . . I'm not sure anybody grew up in that story.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                              Hmmm . . . I'm not sure anybody grew up in that story.
                              Heh...just what I was thinking! I like that turtlegirl acted in a mature manner by taking the high road and driving the complainer to the airport. High 5, TG.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                Turns out I broke his cranium, while racing on my sailboat, after he spit a green looch onto the upwind side of the deck. Truly a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. Lika understands. (...) I swear it was the boom that hit him.
                                That's why they call it a "boom." And yes, Lika understands. Up to a point. But Lika finds it hard to believe you intentionally did an accidental gybe and whack-whacked him with the boom. A potentially fatal response to someone spitting on your boat.
                                Remind me not to race with you.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X