I'm Finally Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Finally Here!

I'm here, too! I got in yesterday evening. My wonderful friends back home haggled and negotiated and worked with me and we finally got both of my bags to under 50 lbs!

Our house isn't bad, I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can go hang out on the beach, and once I get used to the planes constantly flying over from both Hickman and Honolulu Airport, I'll be all set!

Aloha!!!!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: I'm Finally Here!

And a big welcome to you, too, surlygirly! You'll love the results of this current rain. The island will become lushly green.

Comment

Change your mind about the rain. It's not cold here.

Go to the beach in the rain. Take soap. Leave the umbrella at home.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Aloha and welcome. Welcome the rain too! As Tutusue says it does amazing things to keep our home beautiful and green. The waterfalls are awesome
        when you can see them between the clouds!

Comment

aloha and welcome surlygirly
          stay forever young

Comment

Aloha, surlygirl! Don't let the rain keep you in! Look for the rainbows!

Comment

Thank you! We did get out today...got all kinds of stuff for our house. It looks much more home-like now.

I'm definitely not opposed to rain (we didn't get much in Texas this year)- was just a little disappointed last night when I got here and I couldn't see the much-hyped beach view. But today I saw my first rainbow, chased some sand crabs (my Jack Russell is going to love that when he gets to come out too in January), ate dinner on the beach, ran in the water for a few minutes, met some neighbors, and saw a snail steal an abandoned hermit crab shell.

I don't think it has completely sunk in yet that I'm staying here and this is home now. Now that I've got the house fixed up, I'm going to venture out more tomorrow. I don't want to end up making my husband "paddle" the whole time we're here...

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii!
                Sounds like you might be at Iroquois Point. I lived there 30+ years ago when it was military housing only and I remember the sound (and sometimes smell) of the planes flying overhead...shook the whole house! It doesn't rain much on that side of the island...kinda like most of Texas! Have fun getting settled in and discovering your new surroundings.

Comment

Welcome!! Let me know when you're ready to go try surfing!
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                  X