Health Insurance...Kaiser or HMSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Insurance...Kaiser or HMSA

I have to hand it HMSA for getting to know if their memebrs are getting quality care. MAMA is 80 years old. About three months ago, she gets a survey from HMSA to fill out about her kidney doctor. Problem is her kidney doctor is deceased. She calls HMSA to inform them.

Last month, someone from HMSA calls her to talk to her about why she didn't send in the survey. Duh. The woman still asks and takes the information from MAMA. I laugh and went on with my usual activities.

This morning, I go and get MAMA'S mail. She yells at me cause HMSA sends another "survey" regarding the same doctor. Auwe! She's hoohoo with me cause I keep laughing. Eh, they just trying to find out if the long deceased doctor did his job...kinda like The Attorney General Office still saying my late husband alive!

Have a good day everyone.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha,

What about individual coverage, not associated with any organization? I'm a recent grad and will be doing an unpaid internship for the next 3 months or so. I have to find my own coverage for that time period. Any additional advice, given this situation? I don't use any prescription drugs, so this is just in case of emergencies.

Any advice greatly appreciated,
      spoon

Comment

Aloha! Anybody out there know of or have any knowledge of the "many" surveys being conducted by HAMSA 65+? For the past three weeks, MAMA has been giving personal information to "representatives" of HMSA. I finally caught two. One, yesterday who hung-up on me and another just now who said she representated HMSA 65+.

After repeated questions, she finally said she is from the "Wilkinson Company" and not "HMSA." She didn't want to give me a phone number nor connect me to a supervisor. I am afraid this is a scam that has been deducting my mother for questions, she has been giving willing and which has not helped her in any way.

I'll have to wait till tomarrow to call HMSA and find out.

Whacks, whacks!
        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 20, 2005, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Aloha! Anybody out there know of or have any knowledge of the "many" surveys being conducted by HAMSA 65+? For the past three weeks, MAMA has been giiving personal information to "representatives" of HMSA. I finally caught two. One, yesterday who hung-up on me and another just now who said she representated HMSA 65+.

After repeated questions, she finally said she is from the "Wilkinson Company" and not "HMSA." She didn't want to give me a phone number nor connect me to a supervisor. I am afraid this is a scam that has been deducting my mother for questions, she has been giving willing and which has not helped her in any way.

I'll have to wait till tomarrow to call HMSA and find out.

Whacks, whacks!
          Does Mama have HMSA coverage? If she does, it could be an independent survey company hired by HMSA to ask questions about Medicare services. When you call HMSA tomorrow, ask them if their marketing dept. is conducting any kind of survey for its Medicare program (you know, everybody's making a big deal about the new Medicare drug program, so maybe that's what it's about). If they say, no, they're not doing any kind of survey, tell Mama not to give out ANY personal information, especially not things like social security numbers or date of birth over the phone. Did you register your phone number on the National Do Not Call list? If you did, and if you still got the call, chances are the call was legitimate (companies can only call former or current customers).

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Does Mama have HMSA coverage? If she does, it could be an independent survey company hired by HMSA to ask questions about Medicare services. When you call HMSA tomorrow, ask them if their marketing dept. is conducting any kind of survey for its Medicare program (you know, everybody's making a big deal about the new Medicare drug program, so maybe that's what it's about). If they say, no, they're not doing any kind of survey, tell Mama not to give out ANY personal information, especially not things like social security numbers or date of birth over the phone. Did you register your phone number on the National Do Not Call list? If you did, and if you still got the call, chances are the call was legitimate (companies can only call former or current customers).

Miulang
            Tita Miulang, Yes. MAMA has HMSA 65+. Yes, I've registered with the National Do Not Call list...heheheh. Doesn't everybody? I'm pisst cause we got three of these calls during dinner. Two which I caught that didn't sound legit so I'll call tomarrow. I've taken the cell away from her which she is mad at me. I just don't like the idea people asking "personal" medical questions about her. What next, financial? These days so much can't be trusted.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X