Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't Know Where to Shop

Originally posted by tikiyaki
    No Olive Garden ?....You're better off...Olive Garden is to Italian what Taco Bell is to Mexican Food.
    Truth be told...the best Italian food I've had in a while was in Hawaii Kai in Oahu, A place called Assagio. I'm 100% Sicilian descent, and grew up on great Italian cooking...this place had the best sauce I've had in a long time...Definitely better than anything here in LA.

Anyone on this board want to taste real Italian food should check this place out.
    There are at least three Assagio restaurants on Oahu now--in Ala Moana, Hawaii Kai, and Kailua.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
      There are at least three Assagio restaurants on Oahu now--in Ala Moana, Hawaii Kai, and Kailua.

Wow, great to know. I think the next time I come over, I'll probably stay in Kailua.

Good stuff.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
        Wow, great to know. I think the next time I come over, I'll probably stay in Kailua.

Good stuff.
        Just try to make sure you rent a LEGAL vacation rental. I hear they've been cracking down on the illegal TVU's and some vacation plans have been upset.

Comment

I'm fairly sure there's also an Assaggio in Mililani and I think I saw a smaller one across from the movie theater in Kapolei...or at least I recognized the name/logo or something...

I've been to Wal-Mart supercenters several times while on the mainland. I distinctly remember reaching for a tomato and when I picked it up, it smooshed/fell apart in my hand because it was rotten. Their boxed/frozen sections were ok - even their deli was fairly decent - but you'll still want to get your fruits and vegetables from a regular supermarket/farmer's market. They lacked variety and their prices on produce weren't exactly cheaper than anyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
            Just try to make sure you rent a LEGAL vacation rental. I hear they've been cracking down on the illegal TVU's and some vacation plans have been upset.

Wow....thanx. Last year I had heard that the Hawaiian Gov't was going to be doing this, as we were looking at condos, and the real estate agent mentioned something about rental certificates and how it will be really important to have one because the gov't is cracking down.

Thanx for mentioning that, cos' I'll be back soon.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
              I'm fairly sure there's also an Assaggio in Mililani and I think I saw a smaller one across from the movie theater in Kapolei...or at least I recognized the name/logo or something [...]
              Yes, there's a Mililani location, according to this website... as for the Kapolei location, it's actually called Bueno Pasto Assagio, owned by the same Assagio's owner, and it's across the street from the movie theater.

Comment

Working...
              X