Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debating job offer

Originally posted by Pomai
    I really thought you were going to say this was a medical position at St. Francis West, such as RN. I don't think even RN's get paid that much (which they should).

Actually, an experienced RN here makes more than that.

http://queens.org/jobs/rnsalary.html

Still a tremendous shortage here, though.

Comment

Originally posted by youngrd2

I am 25, single...

The job offer carries an annual salary of $60,000 to start.
      Why, hello there.

Hahahahahaha
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
        Why, hello there.

Hahahahahaha
        Go away! I asked first!!!

hahahahahaha

Lynn (No Auntie) Juss Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          Actually, an experienced RN here makes more than that.

http://queens.org/jobs/rnsalary.html

Still a tremendous shortage here, though.
          My best friend is a RN and lives about 3 hours away from NYC in central NY. She makes only about $9 less than the highest pay on there and only pays $500 rent. With rents the amount they are in O'ahu it's sad that it doesn't equal out to that much more at all. Not too appealing for a nurse to go to the islands unless she/he wants to live there for some reason or another.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina
            My best friend is a RN and lives about 3 hours away from NYC in central NY. She makes only about $9 less than the highest pay on there and only pays $500 rent. With rents the amount they are in O'ahu it's sad that it doesn't equal out to that much more at all. Not too appealing for a nurse to go to the islands unless she/he wants to live there for some reason or another.
            The sad thing is that it's often not appealing to new local nurses to stay here, either.

I've helped precept quite a few new grad nurses here and many of them have left for the mainland, usually either California or Las Vegas. A real shame, too---they were all great kids, bright, eager, and enthusiastic, and I'm sure they've become wonderful nurses.

Years ago a nurse had to work at least a year after graduating to be thought of as desirable to a recruiter. Not anymore. They've got endless opportunities in virtually any place they want to go, with hospitals ready and willing to train new grads in just about any specialty area.

Hawaii is starting to almost match some areas of the country as far as the hourly rate of pay for nurses but falls way short on the valuable perks such as vacation time, shift and weekend differentials (the ones listed on the Queens website are terribly paltry in comparison to those paid in other areas of the country), pay for specialty areas and certifications, and flexible scheduling.

So we continue to lose our bright young local nurses and continue to see articles about the desperate need to expand nursing programs to provide more nurses for Hawaii, all along ignoring the fact that so many of the ones who are trained here leave for greener fields elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X