Curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Curious...

Must be a big thing in Arizona. My husband has been offered several jobs there also. Even paying for travel and moving expenses. Makes it tempting but too dang hot!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
      Must be a big thing in Arizona. My husband has been offered several jobs there also. Even paying for travel and moving expenses. Makes it tempting but too dang hot!
      Well, this was a peculiar situation... I was working for a really tiny company (sort of one-removed from the dotcom fun) that had a branch in both Austin and Tucson. Tiny as in about 10 employees and the two owners were the managers also. I was dead bored of school and pretty much everything going on right then. So they let me just transfer out there and I even got bumped up to salaried/benefits in the process. Fun, but no travel or moving expenses. I eventually went back to Austin to finish up school.

Definitely not without a bit of the wanderlust gene here.

Edit: And yeah, Arizona's hot. Not as hot as you might think, but it got a little too hot for me in the summer. They actually have egg cooking contests on the sidewalks in Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
        Edit: And yeah, Arizona's hot. Not as hot as you might think, but it got a little too hot for me in the summer. They actually have egg cooking contests on the sidewalks in Phoenix
        They say "but it's a dry heat." To which I respond: "yes, so is an oven, but I ain't about to climb inside one."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          They say "but it's a dry heat." To which I respond: "yes, so is an oven, but I ain't about to climb inside one."

Dry Schmy...120 degrees is friggin HOT. I remember visiting Palm Springs 2 summers ago ... That heat is unbearable...I could never live in it.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I'm a cold-weather man myself. I'd rather be in Tuktoyaktuk than Tlaquepaque. Then there's the Alpha Female - she grew up in Kane`ohe. Guess which one she'd choose?

Comment

Working...
            X