Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: im new here to this thread, have a few questions

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
    Okay...thanks. That made it a bit clearer.

Wonder if Ricky married a haole girl?
    I like to imagine that he did. Funnier things have happened...I have a Haole friend whose brother used to go around beating up locals. He ended up marrying a Filipino girl body-builder...so maybe she beats him up.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
      Huh? Unless I misread your above post, which is possible, how come your asking about moving after having already done the deed? It kinda sounded as if you were asking about the atmosphere in Hawai'i when you're already here.
      To which "above post" are you referring? Some of the folks posting here are in Hawai`i, others aren't but plan to be.
      LOL, total coincidence, but as I was scrolling down this thread I read "That's just the way it is" and happen to be listening to Bruce Hornsby The Way It Is.
      Some things will never change.

Comment

Huh? Unless I misread your above post, which is possible, how come you're asking about moving after having already done the deed? It kinda sounded as if you were asking about the atmosphere in Hawai'i when you're already here.
        I think you did misread the above posts. I think this post may have been the one to confuse you:

Originally posted by austintx
        its great here. i am originally from north texas, but i moved here a year ago.
        But he's referring to moving from North Texas to Austin, TX, not to Hawai'i.

-Arturo

Comment

ive already moved to austin for about a year. i realized that there is more out there and i want to see it.

Comment

Thank you for yalls suggestions about moving to hawaii. i do no that i am going to try to find a emt job before i move there. i want to enjoy hawaii not worry about how i am going to eat there.

Comment

well 1stwahine does help run a homeless food wagon =p
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                I think you did misread the above posts. I think this post may have been the one to confuse you:

But he's referring to moving from North Texas to Austin, TX, not to Hawai'i.

-Arturo

Ah yes, thank you for the clarification.
                "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                "But I can't even read good."
                "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

I moved here 5 years ago from DFW. I brought the Mrs. home so she could be happy. Some of my observations have already been mentioned by others. DO NOT attempt to be what you are not, show pride in what you are and be that, THAT is appreciated, that is respected. Remember that pride is different than arrogance... everyone is quick to note the difference.

Show tolerance to those you are unfamiliar with, try everything in the way of cuisine, you will love some of it, and hate some of it. Remember, you will miss real Mexican food. ;-)

SLOW DOWN. Austin, DFW, NT.. it all runs at light speed, remember that here. It does not, so if the Roofer tells ya "eh, I'll be there tomorrow, maybe next day"... don't sweat it if it is next week (unless the roof is leaking).

This above all things about living here has been my most beautiful of experiences, TIME, time to see the sunset, time to enjoy the stars, time to breathe, time to live life.

Comment

Originally posted by jayvinton
                    Remember that pride is different than arrogance... everyone is quick to note the difference.
                    That's a great way to put it, Jay.

Comment

Working...
                    X