• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii bound

Aloha Erika...

I'm a youtube fan too!

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ht=video+finds

Is a whole thread devoted to cool web video finds.

Enjoy HT and Aloha

Comment

Welcome to HT Erika. Hope you enjoy your time here.

We are not far from each other.
      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
        I'll toss in my .02 about speaking Hawaiian/pidgin...
        LOL Thanx for the info, & putting your own spin on it. Now I'm a little worried about my loud boyfriend... I'm a quiet one, though.

That's awesome that they have Pow wows there. I love pow wows. I love my Cherokee culture. I do have some Irish & German in me, but I'm about 75% Cherokee & that's what I go by... even w/ my green eyes.

To be honest, I find Maryland just as humid as Florida on some days. We get the entire mixture here.... & it's not fair that I don't know anybody w/ a pool within 1000 miles!
        <3 EriKa
        ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Well! Aloha e Erika! And welcome to HawaiiThreads. You're probably the first person to find their way here from YouTube.

I'm glad you've found your welcome so warm and fun. Some days here, it's a crapshoot! It seems you've got the right mindset as you mull a possible move, and more than a few folks here who are willing to help answer your questions and clarify your thinking, so I've got little to add at this point. Three to five years is definitely a good run-up period to research and learn... while at the same time maximizing your opportunities and experiences where you are now.

My wife is a Florida native, by the way -- born in Jacksonville, grew up in Ocala (one of many areas known generically as "BFE") -- and also has a speck or two of Native American ancestry. She actually misses the south now and then, but certainly knows herself to be blessed to be raising a family here.

Damn, I feel honored! I'm kind of a net junky... I've been around the block of forums... & trust me, being a girl who's into muscle cars on car enthusiast forums is just asking for trouble. This is nothing.

That's kewl that your wife is from FL. I love it there... & I have family that lives in a different part of BFE known as Bushnell. I know the name rings big city, but there's really nothing there. I am from the Tampa area. I've also lived in Masaryktown (another BFE), Brooksville, Spring Hill, & Weeki Wachee.
          <3 EriKa
          ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
            Welcome to HT Erika. Hope you enjoy your time here.

We are not far from each other.
            Where do you live? I currently reside in Hagerstown, but I've lived in Frederick most... also in Germantown & Silver Spring.
            <3 EriKa
            ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Aloha Erika...

I'm a youtube fan too!

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ht=video+finds

Is a whole thread devoted to cool web video finds.

Enjoy HT and Aloha

Hey there! Thanx for adding me on myspace.
              <3 EriKa
              ErikaMarie.us

Comment

so Weeki Wachee !

Do they really have "Live Mermaids?"

Comment

so Weeki Wachee !

Do they really have "Live Mermaids?"

Of course they do!

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/FLWEEmer.html
                  <3 EriKa
                  ErikaMarie.us

Comment

since your kind of interested in the Hawaiian language... you can learn this...

go moe moe already! It's late in Florida

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMarie
                      PS... 1st question... Is it annoying or do you like it when non-Hawaiians use the local lingo & language?
                      Hawaii is the most xenophobic state in the union. Worse than the deep south. You will be treated as if you have airborne aids. You have to understand, modern Hawaii is made up of 90% immigrants who are trying their best to NOT be immigrants. The way they do that is by making people like you feel like an outsider.

Now if you're willing to give it 10 to 30 years, you might just start to become accepted.

Comment

Hawaii bound

Aloha e Erika! And welcome to HawaiiThreads. You're probably the first person to find their way here from YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                          Now if you're willing to give it 10 to 30 years, you might just start to become accepted.
                          Tis OK!

I've been an outsider my whole life!

Now... it's my large white (well, he's 1/3 black but you'd never know it) boyfriend who would really stick out! lol
                          Originally posted by binu
                          Aloha e Erika! And welcome to HawaiiThreads. You're probably the first person to find their way here from YouTube.
                          Wow... echo...

Thanx
                          since your kind of interested in the Hawaiian language... you can learn this...

go moe moe already! It's late in Florida
                          I'm guessing that means to sleep... I'm nocturnal... an effing hamster, I tell you.

I'm in the same time zone, but not in FL anymore.
                          <3 EriKa
                          ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMarie
                            Where do you live? I currently reside in Hagerstown, but I've lived in Frederick most... also in Germantown & Silver Spring.
                            I'm in the Baltimore area.... preparing for my move to Hawai'i at the end of the year.

Will add you on myspace....
                            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                              For some people that is no different than any other place. No matter where I wander I will always be an outsider marked with a scarlet letter. Some people just accept it and deal with it the best they can and make their own way.
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                                No matter where I wander I will always be an outsider marked with a scarlet letter. Some people just accept it and deal with it the best they can and make their own way.
                                "Outsider" is not necessarily a negative (unless you are on a spaceship.) How you deal with it matters more than how others do - but I can tell you already know this, blue...

Comment

Working...
                                X