The Anticipation is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anticipation is killing me!

My countdown is at 0 and my wife and I get on a plane at 6:45 AM EST tomorrow morning to visit your corner of the world!

... sorry, I couldn't resist! But I'm sure many of the mainlanders that frequent this board can understand where I'm coming from LOL.
    -kp!

Re: The Anticipation is killing me!

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post

My countdown is at 0 and my wife and I get on a plane at 6:45 AM EST tomorrow morning to visit your corner of the world!

... sorry, I couldn't resist! But I'm sure many of the mainlanders that frequent this board can understand where I'm coming from LOL.
    Hawaii is overrated. It's way too crowded with way too many cars and traffic is horrendous with rude and inconsiderate people tailgating and changing lanes without signalling as if they were driving in some humongous virtual video game, except they're doing it in real life — just like they're doing on the mainland. So what's so special about Hawaii?

The list is endless. Try and remember to take the time to enjoy yourselves "in the moment" so that the memories you take back home with you won't be all a blur.

Comment

overrated my ass... this'll be my third trip. I KNOW how to enjoy life's moments. I work hard and I play harder.
      -kp!

Comment

Hope you have a nice vacation!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Thanks Blue! I'm sure I will. Even though I'm too fat to go scuba diving.
          Due to health concerns regarding your weight, I'm afraid we do not reccomend scuba diving at this time. We suggest snorkeling as an activity for you. May we offer you a snorkeling experience?
          My wife was PISSED! I found it comical.

... then my wife was PISSED...at me.
          -kp!

Comment

Kungpao, Are you the one was interested in my Exclusive Chinatown Tour several months ago? If you're not the one...I apologize. someone inquired about taking a Tour in January but I thought I would be in Seattle so I had to decline. If you are that person ~ I'm available!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I LOVED snorkeling...I was so disappointed I waited until the 4th day to do it. If I would have known how much I liked it I would have went the first day and done it every single day!
              I even bought my own stuff and just went on Waikikki beach...LOVED it...saw lots of trumpet fish. And one shark!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Kungpao, Are you the one was interested in my Exclusive Chinatown Tour several months ago? If you're not the one...I apologize. someone inquired about taking a Tour in January but I thought I would be in Seattle so I had to decline. If you are that person ~ I'm available!

Auntie Lynn

Yes Auntie, It was me. But unfortunately, I didn't to read this thread lol. I just got back home a few minutes ago and wanted to quick say that my wife and I had a wonderful time even though my wallet was lost/stolen at the swap meet at the stadium. Scared the begeezus out of me as to how I was going to get home.... More later. Gotta run!
                -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
                  Yes Auntie, It was me. But unfortunately, I didn't to read this thread lol. I just got back home a few minutes ago and wanted to quick say that my wife and I had a wonderful time even though my wallet was lost/stolen at the swap meet at the stadium. Scared the begeezus out of me as to how I was going to get home.... More later. Gotta run!
                  Awwww. I'm sorry we didn't connect. And I'm so very sorry what happen at the Swap Meet. I'm sure it was a scary time especially, so far away from home. I do hope the rest of your visit to our island and State was one with beautiful memories.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Awwww. I'm sorry we didn't connect. And I'm so very sorry what happen at the Swap Meet. I'm sure it was a scary time especially, so far away from home. I do hope the rest of your visit to our island and State was one with beautiful memories.

Auntie Lynn
                    For sure Auntie! I definitely added to the memories of trips past. It was my second time on Oahu and this time it was just my wife and I so we were able to do our own thing. We picked up something called Tour Talk Oahu before we left the mainland. Very cool product! It's 2 cd's which are a driving guide with turn by turn directions to places. (If anyone is interested in knowing more about these, PM me and I'll give a more personal testimony lol.)

It's so humbling driving through the mountains and seeing the large waves that came on the north shores of both oahu and kauai this past week. Oh and I can't forget to mention the whales! Too cool!

As for my wallet, I'm not sure exactly what happened to it. The last time I remember having it was when i was at a vendor looking to buy sunglasses and purses (for my wife... not me lol). My wife went to the ATM because the vendor did not take CC. If I were to guess, I'd guess that i set it down in a box of sunglasses and the vendor will find it (they said they'd look) or I set it down in the box of sunglasses and someone else saw it and walked away with it. By the time I noticed it was gone, we were in the Ward Center having lunch and by the time we got out of the parking garage, it was already 3:00 (Wednesday). We were able to get back to the stadium by 3:30'ish and were able to talk to the vendor directly but no luck. We did a walk around the stadium several times and looked in garbage cans thinking maybe if someone saw there wasn't any cash, they'd just throw it away.

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                    I LOVED snorkeling...I was so disappointed I waited until the 4th day to do it. If I would have known how much I liked it I would have went the first day and done it every single day!
                    I even bought my own stuff and just went on Waikikki beach...LOVED it...saw lots of trumpet fish. And one shark!
                    My wife and I finally got to snorkel Hanauma Bay this past week Blue! Absolutely unbelievable! The feeling is still fresh in my mind of the first time I saw a humuhumunukunukuapuaa in the wild. Course... my wife had the camera at the time I saw it lol. Luckily, she was able to see and take a picture of a smaller one not too long later!

-kp!

Comment

Oh cool! I know I took 4 underwater camers with us and we used all of them!
                      My relatives are SICK of seeing our snorkeling photos....thankfully the father in law had snorkeled on Maui and we shared.
                      I am definitely going to go back again and again I fell in love being underwater.
                      Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                        You want to see some real snorkeling try off Black Point. Fantastic at low tide but beware, the sharks get hungry around that time too.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                        X