• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: Makaha & Haleiwa

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    [...]Our tutusue lives in Makaha. She'll be here bumby.

http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....ghlight=makaha[...]
    Yep! What auntie said. I can't add anything new to what I've written already.

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
    Forgive me ahead of time and I am in now way trying to be rude but is the above behavior specific to the Waianae area? and I'd hardly think something like that would be a reason to not consider living in Makaha. All ya gotta do is drive with care and watch out for da keiki's.

I've lived in Makaha off and on and even though I had to comute to town I love the area cause I love country and it's small town feel. Driving home was always long but coming around Kahe Point I was rewarded with some of the most beautiful sunsets that just melted the days stress away. I miss living out west and will definately return, foa shuwa .
    You're absolutely right...on all points, LB. Come back soon, ya hear!!!

Back to work I go.

Leave a comment:

• LocoBoy
    replied

originally posted by: craigwatanabe -
    in Waianae the kids cross the road as if they own it making you and the rest of the traffic come to a screeching halt so braddah can walk by and they walk soooooo slow as if taunting you to hit them.
    Forgive me ahead of time and I am in now way trying to be rude but is the above behavior specific to the Waianae area? and I'd hardly think something like that would be a reason to not consider living in Makaha. All ya gotta do is drive with care and watch out for da keiki's.

I've lived in Makaha off and on and even though I had to comute to town I love the area cause I love country and it's small town feel. Driving home was always long but coming around Kahe Point I was rewarded with some of the most beautiful sunsets that just melted the days stress away. I miss living out west and will definately return, foa shuwa .
    Last edited by LocoBoy; January 26, 2007, 03:01 PM. Reason: Added second paragraph

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by starrywink View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Makaha area on Oahu. I'm sure like any city there are safe parts and not, but generally what would you say about it. Is it more of a small town feeling than other places on Oahu? Any advice would be great. Also, can anyone tell me about Haleiwa.
    I'm looking to live someplace that is not extremely crowded and not your usual city feel. Thanks! I really appreciate it, I know you guys get tired of people saying they are moving there but any help would be great.
    Makaha is way out there but getting into town will be a bitch because you have to merge several times and then when school's out in Waianae the kids cross the road as if they own it making you and the rest of the traffic come to a screeching halt so braddah can walk by and they walk soooooo slow as if taunting you to hit them.

And then there's Haleiwa. Great if you live and work there and love water sports. Sucks if you have to commute to town and back. Horrific if you want to go eat at Matsumoto's for shave ice. One lane in each direction (thank god for the bypass) makes for bumper to bumper all the way thru.

You want small town and no city feel, then head east to Waimanalo. Bumpy's land! It's country living but at least you have two routes in and out. It's also close enough to Windward Oahu and Honolulu so it's convenient as well.

But if you want country, Oahu is slowly losing much of it to development. Come to the Big Island if you want big wide open space and a country feel.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Good morning. We have several threads in our archives on both areas. Several of our members live on the Leeward coast. Our tutusue lives in Makaha. She'll be here bumby.

http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....ghlight=makaha

Have a nice day.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• starrywink
    started a topic Makaha & Haleiwa

Makaha & Haleiwa

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Makaha area on Oahu. I'm sure like any city there are safe parts and not, but generally what would you say about it. Is it more of a small town feeling than other places on Oahu? Any advice would be great. Also, can anyone tell me about Haleiwa.
    I'm looking to live someplace that is not extremely crowded and not your usual city feel. Thanks! I really appreciate it, I know you guys get tired of people saying they are moving there but any help would be great.
Working...
X