Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shipping my CRV

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    At least you have areas beyond the Golden Gate and Oakland Bay Bridges where you might be able to hit the speed limit every now and then. But jimminy crickets! Kauai is only one small island with only one main road. That so-called "By-pass" is a joke, too. What Kauai and all the Neighbor Islands need is better infrastructure which includes, yes, more public transportation.

Miulang
    Absolutly, my friends that live there complain about the traffic and the by-pass all of the time. I agree with the public transportation, perhaps small buses would be a good idea.
    "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
      THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH~ I have a six CD player in my car, came with it ~ I'm thinking I don't have to remove it ~ what a pain that would be. I have another question how reliable are they, (Matson) when it comes to their arrival date. They said two weeks from CA, that just seems kind of short time to me. I would be so bummed if anything happened to my car, so thank you so much for the photo suggestions.

I will be sending books to and thanks for the "book rate advice". I’ll be so glad when I’m there and settled in this is a huge project!!!! But totally worth it.

I shipped my 2005 Honda Element from Honolulu to Hilo with Young Bros.,and I put plenty of my personal property inside too. As long as it was below the windows it was okay with them. Guess what, nothing was stolen either, nor did my car suffer dents or anything bad.

Comment

At least you have areas beyond the Golden Gate and Oakland Bay Bridges where you might be able to hit the speed limit every now and then. But jimminy crickets! Kauai is only one small island with only one main road. That so-called "By-pass" is a joke, too. What Kauai and all the Neighbor Islands need is better infrastructure which includes, yes, more public transportation. BTW: All my past cars, with the exception of my current one, have been 5-speeds because I, too, liked the notion of thinking I wanted to be a female Parnelli Jones. But with my last car, I finally threw in the towel and got a 5-speed automatic so now I have the best of both worlds. When I want to play Parnelli I can; when I want to not have to hassle in stop and go traffic, I can do that too!

Miulang
        Hmmm, so a H4 on Kauai? I can already here the opposition.

Your Murano has tiptronic? That's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          Hmmm, so a H4 on Kauai? I can already here the opposition.

Your Murano has tiptronic? That's cool.
          No, not necessarily an H4, but definitely more than what they have now (some parts are still just one lane in each direction). The stretch between Kapa'a and Lihue is notoriously gridlocked most hours of the day now. I know the local residents also love the quaint road on the stretch between Hanalei and Haena, but it's prone to flooding and the bridges wash out a lot around that area.

On Maui, it means finally doing the Honoapiilani Hwy realignment and widening (on the Lahaina side of the tunnel to turn that from a one lane in each direction into a 4 lane road. This one has been on the planning books for about 30 years already!). It also means reopening the Piilani Hwy between Kipahulu and Ulupalakua so the Kipahulu residents especially don't have to take the long way around via Hana in order to get their produce to market in Central Maui.

In Paia, making the Paia bypass permanent instead of only restricted to certain hours of the day (that stoplight at the intersection of Baldwin Ave. and Hana Hwy absolutely sucks).

On the Big Island, finishing the Hokulia project (Konaguy's pet project).

And yes, my Murano has a CVT transmission (love it!) and tiptronic...it's the only way they are equipped.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

No, not necessarily an H4, but definitely more than what they have now (some parts are still just one lane in each direction). The stretch between Kapa'a and Lihue is notoriously gridlocked most hours of the day now. I know the local residents also love the quaint road on the stretch between Hanalei and Haena, but it's prone to flooding and the bridges wash out a lot around that area.

On Maui, it means finally doing the Honoapiilani Hwy realignment and widening (on the Lahaina side of the tunnel to turn that from a one lane in each direction into a 4 lane road. This one has been on the planning books for about 30 years already!). It also means reopening the Piilani Hwy between Kipahulu and Ulupalakua so the Kipahulu residents especially don't have to take the long way around via Hana in order to get their produce to market in Central Maui.

In Paia, making the Paia bypass permanent instead of only restricted to certain hours of the day (that stoplight at the intersection of Baldwin Ave. and Hana Hwy absolutely sucks).

On the Big Island, finishing the Hokulia project (Konaguy's pet project).

And yes, my Murano has a CVT transmission (love it!) and tiptronic...it's the only way they are equipped.

Miulang
            Ah ok, so more like a Pali Hwy or Nimitz.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
              Ah ok, so more like a Pali Hwy or Nimitz.
              Yes, but hopefully with more courteous, patient drivers!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X