Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark Encounter

Hello Everyone;

First post on the board. My wife and I are coming to Oahu in Sep and are planning to do the North Shore Shark Encounter. Do you know anyone thats done it? Thanks for any input....We're very excited about the upcoming trip.

Fred W.

Re: Shark Encounter

I am sure if you wore a fish head necklace while swimming about, you might get an encounter
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Check out Joe Pavsek.

http://www.hawaiisharkadventures.com/about.html

The Star-Bulletin also did a story about it:

http://starbulletin.com/2001/11/26/features/story1.html

Comment

Originally posted by sparks79 View Post
        Hello Everyone;

First post on the board. My wife and I are coming to Oahu in Sep and are planning to do the North Shore Shark Encounter. Do you know anyone thats done it? Thanks for any input....We're very excited about the upcoming trip.

Fred W.
        I saw a few reef sharks sleeping in the rocks by the Makai Pier in Waimanalo. Real close to shore.

Comment

Thanks for the Star Bulletin link..

Comment

We'll be staying near Waimanalo so Ill be sure to check that out

Comment

Didn't Auntie Lynn do this adventure with another HT member last year? Auntie?

Comment

A friend of mine visiting last month went out on this excursion.

She said the experience alone was worth the trip to Hawaii.

Before they even tied up, there were already 3 Tiger Sharks around the boat. The boat captain said they were 15 footers. As soon as the cage was dropped, they asked for volunteers to be the first ones in the cage. My friend ran to the cage to be first.

Her and her husband showed me pictures, and it looked awesome. A total of 5 Tiger Sharks came to the cage, and even bumped it a few times trying to get to the chum being tossed in the water. A few other species of sharks were there, but the big Tigers stole the show. On the boat, some of the Tigers broke the surface with their heads while the boat crew stroked their noses and heads. So apparantly, the crew puts on a great show.

Personally, as a professional SCUBA diver. I don't care for this practice. It conditions the sharks to go to boats, thinking they're going to get fed. Now imagine them being attracted to a boat, but it's filled with snorkerlers or SCUBA divers....but I guess this is a different topic.....

But don't let me stick a needle in your bubble here. My friend had an amazing time, and this is a great opportunity to get more knowledge about these beautiful animals. Have a great time, but please watch your fingers and toes

DD
                www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Careful what you wish for. You may get it.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Didn't Auntie Lynn do this adventure with another HT member last year? Auntie?
                    Yeah - she went with Pupule Lucie, the Legal Secretary from Montreal, back in June of 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Yeah - she went with Pupule Lucie, the Legal Secretary from Montreal, back in June of 2006.
                      Wow! How I did I miss dis thread?

Mahalo Leo Lakio!

K-den. Instead of writing ukapila information just go look at my Blog entries.

Da Night Before Da Sharks!

http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=598

"Wat? I not Scared! I ready!

Canada vs Hawai'i!

Pupule Lucy (Bright Orange) on the left and Auntie Pulule (Blue) on the right.

Who will bow out? Who will cry?

Surely not I!!!!

Lucy called me at 7:00 p.m., she wanted to know where the nearest Medical Clinic was."

And da Winner is... http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=599

"I got up @ 5:30 a.m. NOT! I was up early. Couldn't sleep. Damn music of "JAWS" kept playing in my head. I called Lucy at 7:00 a.m., told her I was leaving. The traffic was really good. No jams. I waited for Lucy downstairs.

The Canadian Woman arrives in her splendor. We were "Off" on the road. I asked her what kind of breakfast she would like to eat. She replied, "Anything!" I decided to take her to "Highway Inn" in Waipahu for Hawaiian Food. Alas, it was closed. They open at 9:00 a.m."

All "Pau" With Da Sharks!!!!!
                      June 16, 2006, 12:56 pm
                      http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=601

"Once again, I got up early. Once again, I drove to Waikiki to pick-up Lucy of Canada. This time there was no traffic at all. I got there in ten minutes. Lucy was waiting for me and we headed for our destination prepared."

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 23, 2007, 08:19 PM. Reason: Been drinking.ha ha ha!!
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks for all the info 1stWahine and Diverdown808 and the rest..only 2
                        more weeks...see you later

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          I am sure if you wore a fish head necklace while swimming about, you might get an encounter
                          RFLOL

We had tiger sharks at Hapuna beach last summer (2006). The lifeguards said they may have been going after a dead shark and that they were cruising pretty close to shore...they pulled some boogie boarders out (the lifeguards that is) that one of them was zoning in on. They told me the sharks were just past the rock outcropping (where we used to snorkel. We stay closer to shore now. A reef shark maybe I could handle seeing...apparently most reef sharks leave humans alone and if a punch in the nose can deter an attack, but a big 15 foot tiger - that's just way too scary.

Cindy
                          Hawaii Eco Travel Budget Guides
                          www.CoconutRoads.com
                          "Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"

Comment

i wish i had read this sooner; a friend of mine actually used to run one of the boats for this shark charter.

Comment

Working...
                            X