I feel sorry for whoever gets elected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel sorry for whoever gets elected

Man do they have a mess or two to clean up after the Bush gang fades into the sunset.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/wa...11royalty.html

Sex, Drug Use and Graft Cited in Interior Department

WASHINGTON — As Congress prepares to debate expansion of drilling in taxpayer-owned coastal waters, the Interior Department agency that collects oil and gas royalties has been caught up in a wide-ranging ethics scandal — including allegations of financial self-dealing, accepting gifts from energy companies, cocaine use and sexual misconduct.
    Skip to next paragraph
    Enlarge This Image
    Kevin Moloney for The New York Times

Office of the Minerals Management Service outside Denver.

In three reports delivered to Congress on Wednesday, the department’s inspector general, Earl E. Devaney, found wrongdoing by a dozen current and former employees of the Minerals Management Service, which collects about $10 billion in royalties annually and is one of the government’s largest sources of revenue other than taxes.

“A culture of ethical failure” pervades the agency, Mr. Devaney wrote in a cover memo.

The reports portray a dysfunctional organization that has been riddled with conflicts of interest, unprofessional behavior and a free-for-all atmosphere for much of the Bush administration’s watch.

Re: I feel sorry for whoever gets elected

Oh can't forget the Abramoff fun and games:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Fed...5755639&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      Man do they have a mess or two to clean up after the Bush gang fades into the sunset.
      Do you trust that McCain/Palin will clean it up, given their track records?
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

In Abramhoff's new book, he cry's that he's a victim...
        Should be some fine reading. I'll pass.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

No but it might be fun watching them flail around trying to make it look like they're cleaning it up.

My perverse nature wants to watch it all implode.

I might have been a gore crow in a former life.

Comment

And the Clinton administration was better? Only if you are a democrat.

Comment

I'm neither.

America has been devolving into a state of corporatism and both sides pander to it.

" The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to the point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or any controlling private power. "
              President Franklin Delano Roosevelt - on the threat to democracy by corporate power

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                And the Clinton administration was better? Only if you are a democrat.
                I guess not, if you are opposed to a balanced budget.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I feel sorry for anyone who even runs for elective office, at any level - they will be subjected to intense scrutiny and judgement by those both educated and ignorant; should they win, they are likely to be the objects of constant derision and mistrust, no matter what they do.

Yet I also admire those who are willing to give it their best shot - including HT's own timkona and 1stwahine. They believe in something strong enough that they are willing to brace themselves and go forward into battle in political arenas.

Comment

alohakine, only someone in full blown psychotic denial would make such a rediculous statement.

There was no insurmountable mop up of endless wrong and destruction (and that's just what we know of at this moment) after the Clinton debacle like there is now after your gang of murderous thugs have run this country into the ground, and I mean 6 ft. under the ground.

I'm sure the filthy lying team of McCain/Palin will be happy for your 2 thumbs up vote of thanx to Bush & Cheney for ruining America.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

feel sorry for anyone who even runs for elective office, at any level ......including HT's own timkona

One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my whole life.

And what did I learn?

The idiots who run our country from the right are exactly as stupid as the idiots who run our county and state from the left. Stupidity is the common denominator. Intransigence, waste, headlines are but a few of the problems.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        feel sorry for anyone who even runs for elective office, at any level ......including HT's own timkona

Well, I'm still getting your posts Tim, but I think everyone else has you on IGNORE.

I don't believe ignoring those I don't agree with at times. Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it is contrary to mine. They always make me think, and sometimes I even change my mind about an issue. You see, I am a true liberal (with a small "l"); someone who holds strong convictions but is willing to change their mind in light of new information.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

And what did I learn?
                          So it wasn't a mistake - it was a lesson. And I still admire you for giving it a shot, whether I agree with your politics or not.
                          Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Well, I'm still getting your posts Tim, but I think everyone else has you on IGNORE.
                          Not quite everyone. I tried that once, long ago, but took him off ignore when I realized that even in disagreement, I want to hear what Tim says. We have reached a level called "respect."
                          Last edited by Leo Lakio; September 11, 2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            I don't believe ignoring those I don't agree with at times. Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it is contrary to mine. They always make me think, and sometimes I even change my mind about an issue. You see, I am a true liberal (with a small "l"); someone who holds strong convictions but is willing to change their mind in light of new information.
                            A very noble attitude indeed. But please forgive me for being skeptical that this is actually the approach you take. Because when I brought up to you the very ample evidence of the CIA smuggling cocaine into Mena, Arkansas under the watchful eye of then-Gov. Bill Clinton, you not only dismissed it, you attacked me for posting “garbage” that does a disservice to HT members. This is because like Ron Whitfield, if there is any fact or figure that makes a liberal lawmaker look bad in any way, in your mind this makes it a complete falsehood.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                            X