No announcement yet.

Why Are You Voting For Your Candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are You Voting For Your Candidate?

I don't know if this idea will work, but maybe we can give it a try. Can you express in 100 words or less "why you are voting for the candidate of your choice". Please explain why you like your candidate. Comparisons of candidates are permissible, but this is not a thread meant to rag on the opposition.

Why are you voting for your candidate? (Not what is wrong with the other candidate).

Up for discussion: Presidental, Mayor, Legislature, Council.

Please, keep it short, to the point, and use links if you need.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Why Are You Voting For Your Candidate?

Non-political reasons:
    1. I've yet to read of Obama dropping the "C" bomb on his wife. There seems to be a strong relationship between he and his wife with very sweet PDAs!
    2. Great smile!
    3. Appears to have a wonderful, FUNCTIONAL family!

Political reasons (in no particular order):
    1. I'll wager that Obama won't drop the "C" bomb on any female head of state no matter how frustrated or upset he might be...nor does he have a vile temper.
    2. Very professional, calm demeanor coupled with a great sense of humor.
    3. Age
    4. Hope
    5. Economic philosophy

(That's exactly 100 words. I have to shut up now!)

Comment

Thank you Tutu, you've got the spirit of the thread.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Presidential
        I am voting for experience.
        I am voting for patience.
        I am betting on long term health.
        I am voting for temper.
        I am voting for principles.
        I think that most everybody can make it in this life, without props or handouts.
        I am voting for this girl I used to know in High School, who is just like that girl you used to know in High School, who is just like the rest of us, here on HT.

Mayor
        I am voting for Kona. Even though I disagree with the guy mostly. Nuf said.

Con Con
        I am voting FOR the ConCon.

I think their are others. But I forget them now.
        Last edited by timkona; October 27, 2008, 07:34 PM. Reason: You missed a great post that was longer
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          [...]
          Ding...ding...ding...
          That was 287 words. Please edit down to 100 and resubmit!

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            Last edited by timkona; Today at 07:34 PM. Reason: You missed a great post that was longer
            <snicker!>
            Ya still need to knock off another 14 words!

Comment

Cause he's a local boy! IMUA!
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Obama:

His upbringing gives him an innate appreciation for diversity.

That appreciation might allow him to find ways to work with other countries rather than be tempted to run over them.

Comment

I will be voting for the person who has showed the "content of his character" this past week.

I will be voting "no" on the rail issue: I live in Makiki. Please tell me how a rail system is going to help MY commute? and I'm already paying for it! plus, I can't find a seat on the bus as it is! This morning I had to let 4 buses go by before I could find one with senior seating available. We need more buses in town!

I will be voting "no" on the Con-Con Issue. How can we justify spending millions of dollars on this when the schools budget has alread been cut $46 million? Plus, there are too many issues that could be harmed by this, such as environmental laws (Hawaii leads the nation in environmental protections) and many Hawaiian issues such as gathering rights (PASH).

I will be giving a "blank vote" to my representative because she supports con-con. It doesn't really matter because she is unopposed but it's a point of principle with me. I've also "suggested" that she refuse the 36% pay raise.
                  Last edited by anapuni808; October 27, 2008, 10:50 PM.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I voted for Bob Barr because he’s the only candidate who will restore civil liberties and drastically cut spending by eliminating federal departments. Also, he was the only candidate against the bailout. Finally, he was the closest in philosophy to my first choice, Ron Paul.

I voted for Mufi because I feel he’s done a good job reversing the damage done by Jeremy Harris. Hannemann eliminated wasteful spending and focused on infrastructure.

I voted yes on rail, because we need to reduce the amount of cars on the road, and building more roads (Ann Kobayashi) will only add more cars.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

I've already voted. No on everything

No on McPalin - DUH?! Barack - too many positives to list
                      No on Mufi - hasn't given me any reason's for yes, lot's for no, don't like the guy
                      No on Con Con - don't believe anything good will come of it, maybe next time
                      No on rail - don't see enuf positives as proposed, but a lot of potential problems. Being rammed down our throat and can be done better.

No - because I know
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        No...no...no
                        Ron, you’re a poster boy for timkona’s “politics of ‘no” argument. You’ve violated the ground rules (Comparisons of candidates are permissible, but this is not a thread meant to rag on the opposition), so try again.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

I'll vote for Barack Obama because I'm sincerely impressed with his intelligence and demeanor, and his willingness to talk with other countries' leaders, rather than "bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb bomb Iran". I'll also vote for him because McPalin is thoroughly creepy and disturbing. John McCain is a lizard person if I've ever seen one, and Palin is hypocritical and judgemental.
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Barack Obama.

I believe he is one of the very few people in American politics who has a thorough understanding of the world we live in. Ignorance is what led us to poorly executed wars. I am very impressed with Senator Obama's life story, particularly being from a multicultural family. Being from one myself, I cannot help but to think that America would be a better place with people that have the ability to draw on those experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                              try again.
                              What part of 'no' don't you understand?
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                              X