Cheney, Gonzales indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney, Gonzales indicted

Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have been indicted on state charges involving federal prisons in a South Texas county...
    Full story

Discuss.

Re: Cheney, Gonzales indicted

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Discuss.
    Discuss? What's there to discuss?

Even if this case has any legs, we all know what's going to happen. With lame duck Bush still sitting in the White House, tis the season for Presidential pardons.

Whatever happens, Cheney and Gonzales are not going to do any hard time. Don't kid yourself.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I would think the conviction has to come before anyone can be pardoned, and there's not enough time for that to happen.

Unless there's a pre-conviction pardon procedure. Maybe all Cheney has to say is, "Pardon me"...

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
        I would think the conviction has to come before anyone can be pardoned, and there's not enough time for that to happen.
        Hmmmmm. Obviously, you're not aware that when Gerald Ford gave Richard Nixon a full and absolute pardon for any offenses the latter may have committed while he was the President, it was before Nixon had even been charged with a crime.

The fact of the matter is that a Presidential pardon can be granted at any time. Even before a person is convicted. Even before a person is charged.
        Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 18, 2008, 09:05 PM.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm not fully clued in, but I was under the impression that Bush and the rest of his people dislike Dick Cheney, for how much power he wielded as a VP. Of course politics make strange bed fellows. Cheney may be able to trade favors for a pardon.

I hope those favors don't involve cigars...
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Rest assured...

...it's already been solidified that Bush will issue pre-emptive pardons to these two and many others.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Dreams of Watergate are in my head ... how a little "non-story" unimportant burglary brought down a corrupt administration...please, FM, let me "kid myself" a little longer...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                The fact of the matter is that a Presidential pardon can be granted at any time. Even before a person is convicted. Even before a person is charged.
                Perhaps that is what this is all about then. With the circus that has gone on so far, it would appear prosecutors in this case are trying to draw some kind of national publicity before the pardons come down.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  Perhaps that is what this is all about then. With the circus that has gone on so far, it would appear prosecutors in this case are trying to draw some kind of national publicity before the pardons come down.
                  Could be, just as Rep. Dennis Kucinich's articles of impeachment against President Bush were largely symbolic.

Comment

Working...
                  X